I like BBOS and form factor. But, yes, I'd like more apps too.
    12-15-11 10:01 AM
    People who don't use iPhones severely underestimate their apps. One of my business customers was just in my office showing me an app he has on his iPhone that literally shows him the cameras in all of his conveinence stores. The camera quality was so crystal clear and it's live-action, real-time camera views.

This isn't just a phone with fart apps. There are real, amazing business quality apps.
    12-15-11 10:13 AM
    People who don't use iPhones severely underestimate their apps. One of my business customers was just in my office showing me an app he has on his iPhone that literally shows him the cameras in all of his conveinence stores. The camera quality was so crystal clear and it's live-action, real-time camera views.

This isn't just a phone with fart apps. There are real, amazing business quality apps.
    What makes you think that's not available for a Blackberry though, several apps turn up in an Appworld search.

A lot of the proper business apps for Blackberry you'll not find them in Appworld.
    12-15-11 10:31 AM
    I never said it wasn't available for BlackBerry. I was pointing out that there are business apps, not just fart apps.

The name of the app is Super Cam Plus or Super Plus Cam if you want to look it up in App World.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk
    12-15-11 10:38 AM
    just like there's an app for everyone, there's also an OS for everyone.
    most choose IOS I choose RIM's OS7 gets things done I don't need apps.
    have 2 apps on my 9810 Memory booster, Shazam and Blomberg mobile.
    Tried iphone3gs downloaded 45-50 apps my first week kept 2 at the end.
    On my Ipad2 I downloaded games for my kid, I found 3 apps useful for me.
    12-15-11 10:46 AM
    What makes you think that's not available for a Blackberry though, several apps turn up in an Appworld search.

A lot of the proper business apps for Blackberry you'll not find them in Appworld.
    Actually she never claimed it wasn't available for BlackBerry; she merely pointed out that the utility of iPhone apps are often underestimated by non-users. I imagine the same is true about something like BBM; its utility could easily be underestimated by those who have never used it.
    12-15-11 10:46 AM
    just like there's an app for everyone, there's also an OS for everyone.
    most choose IOS I choose RIM's OS7 gets things done I don't need apps.
    have 2 apps on my 9810 Memory booster, Shazam and Blomberg mobile.
    Tried iphone3gs downloaded 45-50 apps my first week kept 2 at the end.
    On my Ipad2 I downloaded games for my kid, I found 3 apps useful for me.
    Looks like you need a counting app; Memory booster, Shazam and "Blomberg mobile"(sic) are three (3) apps, not two (2).
    12-15-11 10:48 AM
    I never said it wasn't available for BlackBerry. I was pointing out that there are business apps, not just fart apps.

The name of the app is Super Cam Plus or Super Plus Cam if you want to look it up in App World.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk
    Nope, nothing turns up but I found monitorBee Cam from free to different pricing for 5,10,20 or 40 cameras, 40 is 29.99
    12-15-11 10:53 AM
    Yeah, this app is $1.99 and it's pretty amazing. There is also a free version as well.
    12-15-11 11:00 AM
    Agreed, but this is more specific towards the USA. In the rest of the world, even if iPhone is definitely popular, BlackBerry and other phones like Nokia still hold a good market. only in the USA its all about fart apps.
    What world do you live in?

All about fart apps?

We aren't in 2008 anymore when those were the first apps out so everyone had them. In all my searching in the App Store since then I haven't even come across a fart app, or know anyone with an iOS device that still has fart apps installed.

Only in the USA? Lol... Like we were the only ones to ever download it.

Why do you constantly have to bash the US and its citizens? You even live here. If you have such a dislike and constantly need to criticize us, why don't you move and stay out?

If I had as much bad things to say about Italy as you do about the US, I sure as heck wouldn't live there as well (and btw I have family that lives all over Italy, and I'm 100% Italian decent so I got no problems with Italia).

This is a smartphone forum. Stop adding your opinions about the US and its Citizens. This is not the place.
    12-15-11 11:05 AM
    What world do you live in?

All about fart apps?

We aren't in 2008 anymore when those were the first apps out so everyone had them. In all my searching in the App Store since then I haven't even come across a fart app, or know anyone with an iOS device that still has fart apps installed.

Only in the USA? Lol... Like we were the only ones to ever download it.

Why do you constantly have to bash the US and its citizens? You even live here. If you have such a dislike and constantly need to criticize us, why don't you move and stay out?

If I had as much bad things to say about Italy as you do about the US, I sure as heck wouldn't live there as well (and btw I have family that lives all over Italy, and I'm 100% Italian decent so I got no problems with Italia).

This is a smartphone forum. Stop adding your opinions about the US and its Citizens. This is not the place.
    Chill dude, don't get so defensive, europeans slag each other off all the time, don't take it so personal.
    12-15-11 11:19 AM
    Agreed, but this is more specific towards the USA. In the rest of the world, even if iPhone is definitely popular, BlackBerry and other phones like Nokia still hold a good market. only in the USA its all about fart apps.
    I'm no fan of farts, but having visited several countries, I can honestly say That if forced to choose I'll take fart "apps" over the real thing, something many of these countries have way too much of. The same goes for the "women with hairy armpits" apps.
    12-15-11 11:21 AM
    Chill dude, don't get so defensive, europeans slag each other off all the time, don't take it so personal.
    I really don't care what you guys do. This guy has been bashing the US constantly for the past week or so and even has been warned for doing so. Not only is he bashing the country, he is bashing the citizens. This is completely uncalled for. You don't see anyone else doing this, do you?

This is a SMARTPHONE forum. There is no reason to bash countries period. The only bashing (if any) should be done device bashing.
    12-15-11 11:26 AM
    Easy solution just start a EURO smartphone owners thread and stay there and bash away have all the fun you guys want calling each other wankers and such.
    12-15-11 11:29 AM
    I guess I'm an odd ball because I enjoy bb more than the others. I really don't need an app for that. No matter what advertising plays a huge roll, just ask apple or nike or ...... the list goes on and on.
    I totally agree with you. Just last night I saw my roommate on his iPad searching and searching for the "right app" for some photo stuff. He already has a bunch of them, but he wanted to see if there was something better. My question to him: don't you get tired of always looking? His response was yes.

It gets old having to go digging through (what's the latest count) 500,000 apps. I have changed phone sets many times but so far RIM has been the only one I have returned to.

I like the way the BBs are setup and the way you access menus etc. It thinks like I do. Maybe it's convoluted, maybe it's not "easy", but I'm a smart guy and can figure things out on my own and I enjoy thinking too. Something that I feel the other devices don't really allow you to do anymore.
    12-15-11 11:30 AM
    RIM made the mistake of thinking Westerners wanted good solid reliable phones. What people want are 100,000 fart apps (most of which are redundant) they don't give a **** if their phone craps out, drops calls they want a big *** fancy touch screen.
    RIM made the mistake of not taking the competition seriously (some posters here have the same problem) until it was too late.
    The grownups understand this. It's the equivalent of a prize fighter, former champ, having his clock cleaned by an opponent. The opponent mops up the ring with the former champ, and the former champ insists it MUST be the flashy trunks that fooled the judges, not his flabby carcass unconscious in the center of the ring for 30 seconds.

Yep, it's the marketing. Nothing to see here, it's just a flesh wound.

The first step to RIM solving their problem (OK, second or third step, after canning the duel co-CEOs) is to admit they have been beaten, badly, by every measure, over a prolonged period of time, and have NOTHING on the drawing board that can get them out of this.

How likely is THAT to happen?
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    12-15-11 11:55 AM
    Probably because most NorAm users of BBM stick to English/US/UK users for contacts. If you wanted to expand your BBM list there are literally thousands of people who have posted their PINs in various BBM exchanges and PINbanks.

Sure a few of my contacts have gone iOS or Android, but for everyone I lose, I gain about ten from Europe/Africa/Asia/Russia and the Middle East.
    So while it may seem as though our BBM pool of prospective contacts has diminished, in reality it has not.
    What's the real advantage of a messenger program if most/all of your real life friends/family are leaving it for something else and you have to message people that you dont know/never met just because you like the program?

I use to like AIM(still use it once in a blue moon) and so did all of my friends. Now 99% of them use something else. I'm not going to go looking for people on the Internet in other parts of the world who still use AIM to chat with them just because, they use AIM too.

War Is All We Know
    vrs626 likes this.
    12-15-11 11:57 AM
    What's the real advantage of a messenger program if most/all of your real life friends/family are leaving it for something else and you have to message people that you dont know/never met just because you like the program?
    It's a search for reinforcement, not utility.

Six people you know drop BBM. Now, we could argue that you've lost six units of utility. But if you can add sixty random contacts from the third-world, you have picked up sixty units of opinion reinforcement.

If your motivation is to gather evidence that you are right, to help offset the dropping utility, it's not a bad strategy.

Never underestimate sunk cost fallacy. This is the BEST platform because I am emotionally invested in it. All of the others are inferior because they would require me to retool/relearn/reinvest and admit I've been very, very wrong for a long, long time.

AmigaWorld.net has 83 users on-line right this very minute. It's NEVER over, they are always playing RIGHT into our hands, the next move will make everyone sorry they doubted, it's never over until it's over.
    12-15-11 12:06 PM
    AmigaWorld.net has 83 users on-line right this very minute. It's NEVER over, they are always playing RIGHT into our hands, the next move will make everyone sorry they doubted, it's never over until it's over.
    Ha! I just signed on, so now it's 84! The joke's on you! Amiga will rise again!
    12-15-11 12:14 PM
    It gets old having to go digging through (what's the latest count) 500,000 apps. I have changed phone sets many times but so far RIM has been the only one I have returned to.
    It's actually a nice problem to have. I would much rather have a choice of 100 apps then to have one forced down my throat. The more competition for apps, the price gets driven down.

Just a couple of minutes ago I wanted to study some GMAT stuff for when I go back to school. Oh no, I left my book at home, so I'm stuck here at the office over lunch with no study material. Break out the iphone, search GMAT, and within seconds I have over 10 gmat apps to choose from. Took 10 seconds to download a free one, and my studying didn't skip a beat.
    12-15-11 12:15 PM

I use to like AIM(still use it once in a blue moon) and so did all of my friends. Now 99% of them use something else. I'm not going to go looking for people on the Internet in other parts of the world who still use AIM to chat with them just because, they use AIM too.

War Is All We Know
    Except BBM has evolved from just a messaging app, it's a social network, you can even call it dating network, so it's not just about messaging.

BlackBerry UK & Ireland - Wall | Facebook
    12-15-11 12:17 PM
    It's actually a nice problem to have. I would much rather have a choice of 100 apps then to have one forced down my throat. The more competition for apps, the price gets driven down.

Just a couple of minutes ago I wanted to study some GMAT stuff for when I go back to school. Oh no, I left my book at home, so I'm stuck here at the office over lunch with no study material. Break out the iphone, search GMAT, and within seconds I have over 10 gmat apps to choose from. Took 10 seconds to download a free one, and my studying didn't skip a beat.
    This. Thank you. I was about to point out the same thing but you beat me to it. I'd much rather have hundreds of choices for a photo editing app than have one sub par app at four times the cost.
    12-15-11 12:19 PM
    Except BBM has evolved from just a messaging app, it's a social network, you can even call it dating network, so it's not just about messaging.

BlackBerry UK & Ireland - Wall | Facebook
    But the question is still the same. If its only available to people with a Blackberry, and most if not all of your friends and family leave Blackberry for something else, whats the point in scouring the Internet lookin for random people in other countries that you don't know and will more than likely never meet, just to chat with, all because you are so in love with it?

That's not really a convincing selling point for a IM, social, etc... Network. Basically it's like saying, "use _____ because it's simply the best of its kind. And even though most of your friends/family are using something else, you can still find people all over the world to chat with".

Besides, for a social app/program, wouldn't it make more sense to use one that ALL of your friends and family can use, no matter what platform they were on? Be it PC, mobile, etc...?

War Is All We Know
    avt123 and vrs626 like this.
    12-15-11 12:27 PM
    We already knew that about you

Fart apps, fart apps, fart apps, oohh scratch and sniff, damn it doesn't work! stupid phone.
    Don't make me find you in the t-dot and buy you a pint. LOL

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    12-15-11 12:27 PM
    It makes me think the people who said that maybe had an iPhone and that's all THEY downloaded. Ha. That's one explanation.

You can't have used an iPhone or Android and NOT know how many awesome apps there are.

I can't even find a good period tracker app on BlackBerry. This was important to me on Android. I miss that app.
    There's a fantastic fertility one I use as well that would have been great if available on bb. There has to be thousands of women who would want it.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    12-15-11 12:31 PM
145 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD