What makes BlackBerry a brand for you that you want to purchase? I think along the lines of the best professional / business / secure smartphone...
    11-28-13 01:20 AM
    Pretty much what you said. You are not going to get a lot of diverse answers for this question.
    11-28-13 01:48 AM
    What makes BlackBerry a brand for you that you want to purchase? I think along the lines of the best professional / business / secure smartphone...
    I haven't the faintest idea. I bought a BlackBerry for the simple reason that they make a kickass physical keyboard. I honestly did not go in wanting to purchase a "brand".

Verizon Q10SQN100-2 on 10.2.1.1055
    11-28-13 02:05 AM
    I had a BlackBerry phone many years ago for work, and loved my phone.
    Later on I went to the Android market for my personal cellular phone and enjoyed; and still enjoy the Android platform.
    But when I saw the Z10 being demonstrated by Heins - I loved the swipe features, the Hub looked amazing, the speed of the default browser on 4G, there is an expansion SD card slot, it has a HDMI cable out, and it was a completely new operating system.
    The look of the phone is kind of generic to all other slab phones, but the build quality made it outstanding to other plastic phones, the weight of the phone was nice, and the perfect size (the 4.2 inch display) for one handed or even two handed operation is possible.
    I never had many apps on my Android, so wasn't missing out on anything regarding missing apps people complained about. And I still have minimal apps other than the default apps, my banking apps and a few others.

Blackberry was about security and still are today. I like to know that my phone is safe and that Blackberry Protect is keeping my phone safe too is a refreshing peace of mind.
    And because it is a Canadian company, I'm here to support North American companies, and Blackberry even manufactures these sets in North America. My phone was made in Mexico.

Last but not least, there is something about that Red flashing light that i love.
    stanislavski likes this.
    11-28-13 02:14 AM
    Pretty much what you said. You are not going to get a lot of diverse answers for this question.
    I am hoping that this will point to some marketing insight for BB. I believe that 'why' is the key to successful marketing.
    11-28-13 12:23 PM
    The red flashing light...YES!! Gotta have the light. How come other phones haven't emulated it? How come users of other phones don't miss it? Pass the crack pipe, BB!
    11-28-13 12:59 PM