One would think BlackBerry would make it extremely easy to find and connect with people and groups. But on bbm it's not.

Say I want to find and join a bbm group for college football. I can't simply go into bbm and do a search for "college football", and send a join request. Nope. I have to come here to Crackberry and (hopefully) find a college football group, leave my pin in a forum thread, hope it gets read, then hope the owner adds me and be added to their group. Why so difficult?

The same concept to link with people. Why can't I just search on a person, find him/her, and send them an invite?

So weird.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 06:14 PM
    One would think BlackBerry would make it extremely easy to find and connect with people and groups. But on bbm it's not.

Say I want to find and join a bbm group for college football. I can't simply go into bbm and do a search for "college football", and send a join request. Nope. I have to come here to Crackberry and (hopefully) find a college football group, leave my pin in a forum thread, hope it gets read, then hope the owner adds me and be added to their group. Why so difficult?

The same concept to link with people. Why can't I just search on a person, find him/her, and send them an invite?

So weird.

Posted via CB10
    you're right there is no search for group except for channel that there is a search for college football
    02-16-15 07:10 PM
    now, I am thinking that the channel is the way to go for...

For personal, contacts, they have to be in your contact first..otherwise, no general phone book from any cloud
    02-16-15 07:11 PM
    Problem with channels is nobody talks in them. Whats the point? Bbm is a mess.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 07:27 PM
    Problem with channels is nobody talks in them. Whats the point? Bbm is a mess.

Posted via CB10

your best bet is to come here for that..I know there is a thread somewhere in CB for people wanting to find people for chatting. But i never really looked into it
    02-16-15 07:34 PM
    or start a new thread for that subject and see if some are interested....
    02-16-15 07:34 PM
    your best bet is to come here for that..I know there is a thread somewhere in CB for people wanting to find people for chatting. But i never really looked into it
    Yeah. That's the problem. BlackBerry has done a horrible job of making it easy for users to engage other users to join and create social networks on bbm. You'd think it would be simple common sense.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 07:47 PM
    Yeah. That's the problem. BlackBerry has done a horrible job of making it easy for users to engage other users to join and create social networks on bbm. You'd think it would be simple common sense.

Posted via CB10
    Excellent point, but you're forgetting, it's BlackBerry. No such thing as simple common sense! :-D

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    02-16-15 08:51 PM
    and it is for business
    02-16-15 10:32 PM
    For business?? Bbm is NOT Just for business.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 05:57 PM
    phone are for business they are doing nothing for consumer ..
    02-17-15 06:32 PM
    phone are for business they are doing nothing for consumer ..
    Yeah, those smileys and emoticons just ooze "Business". I particularly like to message my boss whinnie the poo emoticons.

Come on man. BBM is NOT Just for business. And BlackBerry should make it easy for people to connect. Afterall, it's a social networking app.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 10:12 AM