I have an ancient, archaic, OS 5 9550. It is not a corporate phone and never has been, and I got the thing for free. I just deleted on my PC and it deleted on my phone within 30 seconds.

So...the answer for me is yes and has been for YEARS now. Maybe I'm missing something here?
    What email service do you use? Is this an IMAP account?
    11-24-12 05:16 PM
    I did this on Yahoo mail.
    11-24-12 05:19 PM
    since you all seem to know a lot about this, i'll just ask again:

will we still get our emails almost immediately on BB 10 like we do on our blackberries right now?
    or will our new emails arrive every 5-15mins?
    11-24-12 05:20 PM
    So what are you saying? You will never upgrade your rooted Atrix bc you will have to give up your current data plan? Seems kinda delusional to me, you probably will eventually be forced by your carrier to give up your current data plan to upgrade to a newer smartphone regardless of what platform it is on,,,
    That's not how it works. I'm on a smartphone plan. It stays the same no matter what phone I'm using. Canadian carriers have separate blackberry plans that are used on blackberry phones for some reason. So buying a blackberry means giving up my current heavily price reduced plan in order to activate a new one. Hence why I said it's a deal breaker
    11-24-12 05:28 PM
    could you not just use the reconcile function?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    11-24-12 05:30 PM
    ?? isn't an app the same thing as native email but only not a native app for email?
    Has there not been a bunch of threads about the problems putting in Gmail accounts using the playbook native email client? I've never encountered problems using the official Gmail app on my phone. Not the same thing. If there was an official Gmail app for the playbook in app world I'd use that instead.
    11-24-12 05:32 PM
    I had problems with a Gmail account on my PlayBook until I enabled two step authentication on Google's side. Since then I have had zero problems with Gmail on the PlayBook.
    11-24-12 06:14 PM
    I can only double post ;7713295
    11-24-12 06:17 PM
    This would be the smartest thing they could do, though poster on this forum think it is irrelevant to making RIM a relevant company again.

Can you point me to any literature? I can't find any. They should really be selling this point.
    I can only point you to his tweet, if you check twitter it would be his most recent tweet
    11-24-12 06:22 PM
    I did this on Yahoo mail.
    My Yahoo account works the same, except it took almost 45 sec to show it was deleted. Yahoo is just POP email.
    11-24-12 06:53 PM
    since you all seem to know a lot about this, i'll just ask again:

will we still get our emails almost immediately on BB 10 like we do on our blackberries right now?
    or will our new emails arrive every 5-15mins?
    Since BES and BIS will still be in place, my guess is, yes email will push to our BB10 phones like our current BB's
    11-24-12 07:13 PM
    I think I'll invent a " call-less " phone and call it a tablet...LOL

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-24-12 07:13 PM
    Is that just American market share or market share for the 3rd quarter only bc under that percentage of 4.3% market share, that means with the 80+ million BB users then about 1.5 billion other people are using other mobile platforms? There are not 1.5 billion people in the world using smartphones, sorry, there just isn't. This stat chart being used is extremely misleading...
    Wrong, IDC results are worldwide
    11-24-12 07:15 PM
    Since BES and BIS will still be in place, my guess is, yes email will push to our BB10 phones like our current BB's
    that would be great!
    i love how my 9700 handles emails : )
    11-24-12 07:19 PM
    Ahhh.... Sunday morning.
    dropped my paper. got my coffee
    and a fun thread to read.

now, keep us entertained.

Sent from my unsliding slider BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    11-24-12 08:17 PM
    Ahhh.... Sunday morning.
    dropped my paper. got my coffee
    and a fun thread to read.

now, keep us entertained.

Sent from my unsliding slider BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    No one really cares?
    11-24-12 08:25 PM
    I'm a consumer and care and the extra layer of security with the NOC

I'm a consumer and care about data compression (never ran into high bills with my BlackBerry, cant say the same for my Iphone and Android friends)
    Same here....I do get a 5-15 minute delay with my emails on my iPhone compared to my BB. I use my own domain from godaddy so maybe that's the difference. It is important that I get emails instantaneously because as an independent contractor most of my job alerts are by email and the first to respond gets the gig. I guess my gmail arrives instantaneously but I don't care about that. I also value compression since I'm on a very limited (150MB) data plan.
    MikeyJSydney likes this.
    11-24-12 08:38 PM
    That's not how it works. I'm on a smartphone plan. It stays the same no matter what phone I'm using. Canadian carriers have separate blackberry plans that are used on blackberry phones for some reason. So buying a blackberry means giving up my current heavily price reduced plan in order to activate a new one. Hence why I said it's a deal breaker
    I have yet to run into that problem. All they generally do is turn "on" Blackberry Internet Service on the carrier end, usually all plan information remains the same. The only time I recall hearing that plans had to change was when Bell and Telus were turning on their HSPA networks and people were wanting to bring over their unlimited data plans from CDMA.

As for the OP... I recall you stating somewhere that people don't care about the benefits of the NOC like data compression... I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that either you rarely travel internationally or you have an amazing roaming package from your carrier... or you only deal in unlocked devices and swap out sim cards as you move into another country. Every time I've told anyone my experience in travelling abroad with my two phones (Blackberry and Android) and how quickly my android phone racked up roaming charges, it's made them reconsider the Blackberry brand. This is especially true of a good chunk of my family, two of whom use iPhones, and who have typically turned off data before going to the USA because they all assumed that data use was equal on all devices. I think after my cousin got married and I told my aunt and uncle about how little my blackberry cost me to use the entire time we were all in the USA, my uncle has started considering leaving his blackberry data on. So data compression is important to clients. Data compression also helps to make web pages load up faster as well, allowing a Blackberry to load up a web page quite speedily while not using the same amount of both bandwidth and battery life (all that power to suck down and process a page rapidly has to come from somewhere doesn't it ).

I do understand your gripe about the two way sync, though I'll be honest I'm happy with the 1.5 way sync I have now as I've always reached for my blackberry first. Whenever I compose an e-mail at the computer in Gmail and send it, the sent copy appears on my Blackberry as if I'd sent it from there. I haven't personally seen the same happen when I check my Gmail, but this is a feature specifically built into the Gmail account options for Blackberry. As for my hotmail accounts, well... to be honest, when I was using any one of my android phones' native e-mail apps, they would not properly sync that sort of information at all (whether it was read, not read, etcetera). The native app for hotmail helped, but even that doesn't clear its own notification like the Gmail app does when I check my e-mail elsewhere... causing me to open up the hotmail app for quite literally no reason other than to clear the notification. The system is not as 100% perfect as you'd like it to be, in fact my playbook is the only device I carry that consistently recognizes messages as read even if I don't read it there. And I'm ok with that. I've grown accustomed to seeing things on my Blackberry first. That's me. That's evidently not you, and that's ok for you. But it is not what will make or break the Blackberry Brand, I hate to say. As another has already said, it is the app ecosystem that will do so, along with whether or not people just plain buy.
    11-24-12 08:44 PM
    Do these results only cover new phone purchases? Or do they cover smartphones currently i use?
    11-24-12 08:46 PM
    No one really cares?
    Regarding this email thread u guys been talking about? I don't care. Coz I pay BIS for bbm and email. Bbm being priority.
    Not active syncing between what I do on my mail and BB doesn't really matter as long as I can read, reply and delete my emails.
    A pc is just a switch away if u need to dig email trashcan to retrieve your deleted email.
    And again as I said, I don't really care about this email activesync and such.

BB10 just need to upgrade their hardwares so I can use the camera, play music with it and share pictures with my friends.
    This is what moves the majority to other smartphones in the first place.
    NOT because of activesync.
    That's why I say, keep on the entertainment and let me enjoy my sunday morning reading about something that does not really matters to the Majority.
    11-24-12 08:48 PM
    There is no reason BB10 cannot use active sync and yet still route it through the NOC to add services and still charge the carriers a fee. The NOC and active sync are not mutually exclusive.

kbz1960 likes this.
    11-24-12 09:20 PM
    Right now "I too am happy dinosaur.. me think me am a T-rex"...
    Me too. Grrrr. Lol.

kbz1960 likes this.
    11-24-12 09:24 PM
    It is ironic how RIM pioneered mobile email, and now the email experience on a Berry is such a poor user experience compared to an Android or Iphone.
    I find sending emails on my Bold pretty superior to my Droid RAZR Maxx.

xSt0rmTroop3Rx likes this.
    11-24-12 09:26 PM
    My Yahoo account works the same, except it took almost 45 sec to show it was deleted. Yahoo is just POP email.
    Well the author of this thread didn't stupulate it only happens for certain kinds of e-mail. Just said Blackberries don't do it and therefore, BB10 will fail.

Quite frankly, most users could care less and e-mail syncing is not a make or break feature. We need to step outside the world of tech geeks and look at the general consumer instead.

It sure as heck works for me as is.
    11-24-12 10:34 PM
    Well the author of this thread didn't stupulate it only happens for certain kinds of e-mail. Just said Blackberries don't do it and therefore, BB10 will fail.

Quite frankly, most users could care less and e-mail syncing is not a make or break feature. We need to step outside the world of tech geeks and look at the general consumer instead.

It sure as heck works for me as is.
    I hate to say, but I think E92Vancouver is kinda right, for BlackBerry to be the best mobile email device, we (non-enterprise users) need;
    -Multi-device sync, folders and all. Either Active-Sync or if RIM had available an email service that would itself be able to sync, then we could forward other e-mail to it.
    -Full HTML email. It looks like this may happen with BB10,as one of the videos shows the message editor with a rich text toolbar at the top.
    11-24-12 11:16 PM
273 ... 34567 ...