To me everyone is saying that since WP was not that big of a deal and that RIM should be worried come launch time. I have to disagree, I worked in the cellular industry for over 7 years. Remember the old Windows phone, to my knowledge nobody EVER really liked windows, they needed it for work that's about it. Windows was 2 confusing, most people choose the palm over Windows. Now windows is reinvented, What makes you think they ever had a big consumer base in the 1st place? Who does windows have waiting for their come back? There is no real fan base. At 1 point EVERYONE had a BlackBerry, Why? Because they Loved their Blackberry's. Then as time passed it kinda got boring for most, but that does not mean people don't reminisce on the past. I still catch myself pulling my BlackBerry out of my draw just to feel those keys lol. There are over 60 Million BlackBerry users waiting for BB10 not counting non BlackBerry users, Windows never had that, Windows never owned the market, Windows cant make a come back when they were never back to begin with. What u see Windows doing is Simple, They are in a way merging the Mobile and desktop together, In other words they RULE the desktops so make the Desktop like the phone that way people learn the WP without even owning one, That makes u more likely to buy it because u are familiar with the look of the OS. That's a Smart move by Windows but will take sometime for Windows 8 to fully sink into the market, my guess would be a few years away. RIM knows they have millions of fans and many other curious spectators waiting to give BB10 a try. RIM will be back and Windows will follow a few years later, That's my guess and my own personal opinion anyone care to share any thoughts???
    SK122387 likes this.
    12-11-12 04:10 PM
    Yes, bb10 will kick ***!
    12-11-12 04:14 PM
    Sounds mostly right. Except for it being 80+ million.
    00stryder likes this.
    12-11-12 04:16 PM
    Over 80 million
    12-11-12 04:17 PM
    At 1 point EVERYONE had a BlackBerry, Why? Because they Loved their Blackberry's. Then as time passed it kinda got boring for most
    Certainly it's not the flavor of the week at the moment for people buying a smartphone, but it's also important to remember that more people at this moment on the earth are using a BlackBerry than ever. People have left in some markets (most notably in the US) but new customers have replaced them in others. A lot of people seem to think the BlackBerry userbase has shrank.

There are over 60 Million BlackBerry users waiting for BB10 not counting non BlackBerry users
    They passed 60 million like two years ago. The active userbase as of last quarter was 80 million. We'll see whether it goes up or down again next week.

For the record, I know a few people who loved and swear by Windows Mobile. A few. :-)
    12-11-12 04:24 PM
    I agree, windows never even really had a large fan base to start from to make a come back. It's interesting to see a lot of the hype coming from certain news channels , yet I saw statistically some where that windows 8 phone wasn't even doing as great as expected
    12-11-12 04:28 PM
    I agree, windows never even really had a large fan base to start from to make a come back. It's interesting to see a lot of the hype coming from certain news channels , yet I saw statistically some where that windows 8 phone wasn't even doing as great as expected
    If I'm any kind of example, Windows Phone actually has a bit of a negative fan base to overcome. The one WinMo phone I ever owned I absolutely loathed and could not wait for that contract to expire so I could upgrade (had even less money then than I do now!!). I don't want an iPhone, and I despise Google; so WinPhone has kind of defaulted its way up to a distant #2 on my mobile preference list, despite previous misgivings about MS and mobile. And even at that it's going to take a serious bedwetting by RIM and BB10 for me to consider it.
    jagrlover likes this.
    12-11-12 04:41 PM
    Um, they had their chance with W7 and blew it, seems W8 may go the same way. Now it's BB10 time, brand new OS, no 2-3 tries like WP,lol.
    12-11-12 04:44 PM
    Um, they had their chance with W7 and blew it, seems W8 may go the same way. Now it's BB10 time, brand new OS, no 2-3 tries like WP,lol.
    My friend had a windows phone , it was terrible. So disorganized , the whole theme and color scheme turns me away from it as well. I'm too excited for BB10 ... I even made a crackberry account but that move is just making me want a blackberry even more *just 49 more days ... Breathe...*
    12-11-12 04:48 PM
    Ive done everything that I can to get windows out of my life. A wndows phone? Ugh!!
    moralcode likes this.
    12-11-12 05:16 PM