I recently traded in my Z10 and moved up to the Passport, and my what a device. If anyone here is on the fence about getting one, add my name to the long list of others who highly recommend it. You will not regret it! Back on topic about OS10. I have noticed since my Z10 days and now carried on over to the Passport, there are portions of BB10 that is painfully slow (in comparison to the rest of the OS). Flipping in between active frames, pinching in the hub to get notifications are all buttery smooth and extremely quick. However areas where BB10 I find are slow are:

1. Calendar
    Blackberry have a really good thing going here. The way they set up the calendar is very intuitive and looks very clean on 10.3 However when you first start up the calendar (And I mean actually start up, not after its been cached), it takes seconds for it to become operable. You get this period where the screen is a greyish color and it wont respond to touch until its finished loading. It gets pretty annoying after a while since the rest of the OS feels like Ferrari and then you open up the calendar and its as if you were thrown into a Prius in terms of speed and responsiveness

2. Call notes
    This one really annoys me as when I have to take a note during a call, its usually because the person on the other end started saying something important and I need it to work ASAP. However similar to the calendar, you get this awkward grey out phase where the phone is unresponsive for 1 or 2 seconds before you can start taking notes on it

3. Universal Search
    I love this feature especially on the Passport since I can type anywhere on the homescreen and start putting in searches. However there is a period of time where it has to think for 2-3 seconds indexing and finding all of the results from my search query. Or even it wont even register the first few keystrokes I put in since it was lagging meaning I have to retype what I wanted to search

I may seem like I am nitpicking here and people may say "Really you can't wait for a full 3 seconds for something to finish on your phone?", and my response to that is no I cannot. Especially when my Bold 9900 used to do the 3 things I listed above absolutely INSTANTLY and PERFECTLY without lag. I just think its weird how BB10 can be so slow in these aspects when the rest of the OS just flies. I hope they improve on it.
    10-21-14 09:13 PM
    I suffer the same!!!!!
    Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 09:24 PM
    I agree. Kind of weird but doesn't weigh on me personally.
    10-21-14 09:57 PM
    Same here!! You would think it would of been faster then 10.2.1..

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    10-21-14 10:03 PM
    Speed is definitely am issue. I'm having to do a lot more restarts these days.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    10-21-14 10:13 PM
    I find that force closing the Android apps running in the background through Android Runtime settings fixes all of those issues, and adds the benefit of prolonged battery life.

Posted via BlackBerry Q10 on AT&T
    10-21-14 10:20 PM
    Peeps I think they are working on it in 10.3.1 10.3 is a test run that's why they release it on the passport and porche. I think that's why they taking so long to release it blackberry been getting it right and i like when my BlackBerry work so give it time.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 02:26 AM
    Can someone buy me a passport? Thanks

Posted via Q10RR
    10-22-14 12:24 PM
    Can someone buy me a passport? Thanks

Posted via Q10RR
    +1

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 03:26 PM
    Universal search on the passport - cannot start the search from the home screen with a number as there is no number key on the keyboard. You have to enter assistant if you want to start with a number. Oversight!
    MaxR_A and nah.uhh like this.
    10-22-14 04:23 PM
    Peeps I think they are working on it in 10.3.1 10.3 is a test run that's why they release it on the passport and porche. I think that's why they taking so long to release it blackberry been getting it right and i like when my BlackBerry work so give it time.

Posted via CB10
    Lol I thought 10.0 was the test run? Or was it 10.1? My bad 10.2? No no I forgot it was 10.2.1 that was supposed to fix everything right?

See where I'm going with this? Come one BlackBerry should have addressed this a long time ago

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and nah.uhh like this.
    10-22-14 06:47 PM
    I hate that lag for universal search as well. Really annoying.

I understand calendar having to load but some of these things need a performance tune up.

Posted via CB10
    Alattin Simsek likes this.
    10-22-14 07:23 PM
    One thing you can do is turn off blackberry assistant.
    That helps. Not perfect but it helps a lot. It works more like the old universal search.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 11:13 AM
    For users that use via keyboard and don't want to use the speech asisstant, the bb10.3 search asisstant is a step back from the one of 10.2 I hope the final release will give me the option to remove the speech button and improve the search... why I can't open apps via search anymore? It was great... like I told, I know it's a leak on z10, but I really hope the search will improved.

Wenn du das Weinen verlernt hast, bist du bereits tot (Sayumi Whisp)
    10-27-14 12:51 PM
    I will add some more annoying things.

1. Lag when unlocking with picture password, and scrolling numbers with the picture password is unreliable just make it go fluid and responsive. Now they just made it so u could theoretically reach with the number from any point. My idea is make smaller numbers and there will be less swiping.

2. Webbrowser is full of bugs. Shortcuts like L for load and zoom just stop working for some reason.

3. Overall responsiveness to swipes from or to the hub just fail to notice my finger swipes if they are just a little bit off. With off I mean it's not perfectly horizontal.

Posted with my new BlackBerry PassPort
    10-27-14 02:04 PM
    I recently traded in my Z10 and moved up to the Passport, and my what a device. If anyone here is on the fence about getting one, add my name to the long list of others who highly recommend it. You will not regret it! Back on topic about OS10. I have noticed since my Z10 days and now carried on over to the Passport, there are portions of BB10 that is painfully slow (in comparison to the rest of the OS). Flipping in between active frames, pinching in the hub to get notifications are all buttery smooth and extremely quick. However areas where BB10 I find are slow are:

1. Calendar
    Blackberry have a really good thing going here. The way they set up the calendar is very intuitive and looks very clean on 10.3 However when you first start up the calendar (And I mean actually start up, not after its been cached), it takes seconds for it to become operable. You get this period where the screen is a greyish color and it wont respond to touch until its finished loading. It gets pretty annoying after a while since the rest of the OS feels like Ferrari and then you open up the calendar and its as if you were thrown into a Prius in terms of speed and responsiveness

2. Call notes
    This one really annoys me as when I have to take a note during a call, its usually because the person on the other end started saying something important and I need it to work ASAP. However similar to the calendar, you get this awkward grey out phase where the phone is unresponsive for 1 or 2 seconds before you can start taking notes on it

3. Universal Search
    I love this feature especially on the Passport since I can type anywhere on the homescreen and start putting in searches. However there is a period of time where it has to think for 2-3 seconds indexing and finding all of the results from my search query. Or even it wont even register the first few keystrokes I put in since it was lagging meaning I have to retype what I wanted to search

I may seem like I am nitpicking here and people may say "Really you can't wait for a full 3 seconds for something to finish on your phone?", and my response to that is no I cannot. Especially when my Bold 9900 used to do the 3 things I listed above absolutely INSTANTLY and PERFECTLY without lag. I just think its weird how BB10 can be so slow in these aspects when the rest of the OS just flies. I hope they improve on it.
    Totally with you OP, especially universal search. I used it on my 9900 constantly, on my Z10 never. 2 seconds can make the difference between "most important feature of the phone" and "useless" for me.

Posted via CB10
    jason9900 and Alattin Simsek like this.
    10-27-14 02:21 PM
    Totally with you OP, especially universal search. I used it on my 9900 constantly, on my Z10 never. 2 seconds can make the difference between "most important feature of the phone" and "useless" for me.

Posted via CB10
    The one thing I missed about my 9900 after I switched over to my Z10 was the fact without a hardware keypad, I could no longer quickly find things through the universal search. However now I realize even with the keyboard on the passport, I hardly use it since it takes that extra 2 seconds. It feels like too much of a chore.

Posted Via My Passport From The Big T.O
    Alattin Simsek likes this.
    10-27-14 03:08 PM
    The one thing I missed about my 9900 after I switched over to my Z10 was the fact without a hardware keypad, I could no longer quickly find things through the universal search. However now I realize even with the keyboard on the passport, I hardly use it since it takes that extra 2 seconds. It feels like too much of a chore.

Posted Via My Passport From The Big T.O
    Yep I absolutely loved it, because you wouldn't even think about how to do things. When I wanted go give someone a call I just whipped the phone out of my pocket and started blind typing the name, which immediately brought up the contact and then hit the answer button.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 06:36 AM
    Am I the only one who doesn't have these issues? I'm using a Q10 with official 10.2, and no Android apps. Is this lag only on the Passport and older all-touch phones?

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 07:07 AM
    Am I the only one who doesn't have these issues? I'm using a Q10 with official 10.2, and no Android apps. Is this lag only on the Passport and older all-touch phones?

Posted via CB10
    With 10.3

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    10-28-14 09:23 AM
    I agree. Some optimization is definitely needed and I think it is constantly being worked on because initially 10.2.1 was really very slow but even the got pretty fast after some updates. Same should happen for 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 09:27 AM
    +1 Calendar is a nightmare for me. Literally takes 5+ seconds to load up, even then once I click a date to see what I have marked, it will take an additional 3+ seconds to load.
    10-28-14 11:18 AM
    The lag on 10.3 can be fixed by turning off BlackBerry Assistent, or more specifically, turrning off "full assistance "

Why is BB10 slower than OS7 for certain things?-img_20141028_122918.png

This will give you basically what we had in 10.2.

I am torn because I like the voice search of 10.3 but the typed search is terrible.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 11:30 AM
    With full assistance on it takes over five seconds just to look up an address in my address book.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 11:32 AM
    No problems with Passport there
    10-28-14 06:23 PM