actually. MS has been in the game for 13 months. WP7 and WP8 are completely different. Microsoft relaunched Windows phone with WP8. WP7 is just like WM6 etc because they contain the CE kernel. while WP8 contains an NT kernel which found in Windows 8.1
    boi2012 likes this.
    12-10-13 04:22 PM
    Are some of you forgetting that they have been in the game for about 3years now starting with Windows 7, not just 8.. We've been out 10months 10MONTHS

Yes, and you do realize that Microsoft started at the right time for next Gen platform to develop while BlackBerry waiting so long...until it was arguably too late?
    12-10-13 04:22 PM
    Apple can't sue Microsoft because. they have an agreement. which in WP you see that effect where you scroll to the top and it bounces back to the screen. But I agree. Microsoft probably has the most patents in the whole tech industry.
    Apple didn't have anything do with the answer I was just trying to explain the more patents the better :P

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 04:23 PM
    Apple didn't have anything do with the answer I was just trying to explain the more patents the better :P

Posted via CB10
    lol. jokes. but I agree with you. man
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    12-10-13 04:26 PM
    You're actually going to argue for the cause of BlackBerry having a good selection of native apps? Most real consumers would have to sideload tons in order to get the apps they need. But they probably wouldn't. Why would they? It's not a solution that a real consumer would likely go for. Downloading a file manager from the Windows Store, however, would be considering that it is in the app store and not a more complicated and less integrated process such as sideloading.
    You should have been more specific in your attempt to respond to my factual statement that WP doesn't have a file manager.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10.
    12-10-13 04:46 PM
    You should have been more specific in your attempt to respond to my factual statement that WP doesn't have a file manager.

Good rebuttal.
    12-10-13 04:49 PM
    Good rebuttal.
    Indeed.

12-10-13 05:00 PM
    I don't understand why people are hating on Windows Phone. Over on WPCentral, we're rooting for you guys to get a higher market share and sell more phones (at the expense of Apple or Samsung, not Nokia ), but people here seem to resent the fact that Windows Phone has passed BB in market share.

I don't get it why people are going "oh, it's simply because MS threw more money at it, and that's all it is" which is not true at all. If by "throwing money" you mean investing in R&D and marketing, well then DUH because EVERY company does that. If you meant that they paid developers, well, that's still not entirely true and that's not the reason it's doing well.

First, if the only thing that was the issue was money, then BB should have every app in the world that Android has because the only cost would be a developer's license (if there even is a cost to it, I'm not sure). Second, developers aren't worried about the cost of MAKING the app, which isn't that much. The problem is SUPPORTING it, which costs a lot more money to do and if there isn't much market share, then why bother? I'm sure Microsoft would've gladly had all the top 50 apps to be launching on WP8, but most developers that I've talked to have said that they hesitated to see whether WP8 or BB would win the rank for #3 and since WP is showing a lot more momentum, they're choosing us.

Now, don't get me wrong, if ecosystem/apps aren't important to you and you just like the OS, then by all mean enjoy your BB until the day it dies, even give it a proper burial if you like, but for integration with services, apps, and excellent hardware (I love the 20mp camera on the 1520), WP would be the way to go and most people buy their phones for those reasons and that's why WP is #3.
    12-10-13 05:01 PM
    I don't understand why people are hating on Windows Phone. Over on WPCentral, we're rooting for you guys to get a higher market share and sell more phones (at the expense of Apple or Samsung, not Nokia ), but people here seem to resent the fact that Windows Phone has passed BB in market share.

I don't get it why people are going "oh, it's simply because MS threw more money at it, and that's all it is" which is not true at all. If by "throwing money" you mean investing in R&D and marketing, well then DUH because EVERY company does that. If you meant that they paid developers, well, that's still not entirely true and that's not the reason it's doing well.

First, if the only thing that was the issue was money, then BB should have every app in the world that Android has because the only cost would be a developer's license (if there even is a cost to it, I'm not sure). Second, developers aren't worried about the cost of MAKING the app, which isn't that much. The problem is SUPPORTING it, which costs a lot more money to do and if there isn't much market share, then why bother? I'm sure Microsoft would've gladly had all the top 50 apps to be launching on WP8, but most developers that I've talked to have said that they hesitated to see whether WP8 or BB would win the rank for #3 and since WP is showing a lot more momentum, they're choosing us.

Now, don't get me wrong, if ecosystem/apps aren't important to you and you just like the OS, then by all mean enjoy your BB until the day it dies, even give it a proper burial if you like, but for integration with services, apps, and excellent hardware (I love the 20mp camera on the 1520), WP would be the way to go and most people buy their phones for those reasons and that's why WP is #3.
    OH MY GOODNESS THANK YOU! First of all, I agree with pretty much everything you have said. But I am also a member of Windows Phone Central and no one (even when BlackBerry had a higher market share) was ever this bitter. In fact, I am a member of iMore too and still no bitterness. They aren't these crazed iSheep that people on CrackBerry keep calling them. CrackBerry is by far the sheepiest Mobile Nations forum which is ironic because people here throw that term around like crazy as an excuse for why BlackBerry isn't selling.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    12-10-13 05:09 PM
    BlackBerry will never disappear and people are still buying their devices even though they are losing market share like crazy? I don't understand that logic at all...
    The logic is the smart phone market is growing, yet each quarter, BB sells less handsets than they did the previous quarter.

Hey guys, whats up with you? It's a blackberry forum not a how great is my windows phone??

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but the thread title is "Why BB Will Never Be Number 3". WP is number three, so yes, this is a "How Great is Your Win Phone" thread.
    12-10-13 05:10 PM
    For now, though that will come in the future
    Just sounds like every os... hey we don't have it now but layer we will

Squircle device powered by 10.2.1.1055
    12-10-13 05:14 PM
    Just sounds like every os... hey we don't have it now but layer we will

Squircle device powered by 10.2.1.1055
    No matter what the OS, I can guarantee there will be something that users want. So they bring an update to include that and then they want something else. That's the way it is. There is always room to improve and add new features.
    12-10-13 05:20 PM
    I still don't get why we don't see the TAT magic more often
    TAT should be hammering out apps now that the Cascades framework is pretty stable. Why don't they make an app with those api's to mirror the screen and reveal more of the app the higher you take the phone up to show its awesomeness to the devs and consumers i.e.?

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 05:22 PM
    Look at what is coming out of Nokia.

Storyteller vs BB's Storymaker.
    Storyteller lets you make cinemagraphs, stop photos, add map highlights, videos, pics etc.
    Storymaker is a powerpoint presentation...

If you haven't noticed. Nokia is pumping out not only compelling phones but really really interesting apps.Their "HERE" apps include transit, city guide, augmented reality etc. These are baked into their phones.

tl;dr GET IT TOGETHER BB.
    Well, it is nice to see Nokia do something distinct but honestly the average smartphone user just isn't interested. It's a nice niche market but that is it. Sort of explains the poor sales numbers on the high end Nokia phones.
    12Danny123 likes this.
    12-10-13 05:23 PM
    Well, it is nice to see Nokia do something distinct but honestly the average smartphone user just isn't interested. It's a nice niche market but that is it. Sort of explains the poor sales numbers on the high end Nokia phones.
    you're quite true actually. high end Nokia's aren't doing better than low end. I think the reason why is because Nokia is targeting where most users are. the emerging market. and Samsung noticed this as well. they even said that they are gonna focus more on the low end than high end. this is exactly what Nokia is doing
    12-10-13 05:26 PM
    In what way is WP a joke?
    ajst222 likes this.
    12-10-13 05:29 PM
    you're quite true actually. high end Nokia's aren't doing better than low end. I think the reason why is because Nokia is targeting where most users are. the emerging market. and Samsung noticed this as well. they even said that they are gonna focus more on the low end than high end. this is exactly what Nokia is doing
    Yes, the high end market is saturated and pretty well established. Entry-level and emerging markets are where the growth is to be made. BlackBerry has attempted to target these markets with the Q5. Apple has the 5C. Nokia has the Lumia 500 series. Android, however, is light years ahead of the game. There were budget Android devices on the market before it was cool.

siddharth likes this.
    12-10-13 05:32 PM
    That's exactly how BBRY should be advertising! Not the abysmal advertisements they had over the last year.
    12-10-13 05:35 PM
    Not a big fan of Nokia, but the hardware looks very nice. What about a BB in the same body as that Nokia? I think that would be a game changer
    12-10-13 05:42 PM
    Is storymaker/storyteller something you truly need in a phone????
    ^^this
    12-10-13 05:46 PM
    Not a big fan of Nokia, but the hardware looks very nice. What about a BB in the same body as that Nokia? I think that would be a game changer
    I actually find the Nokia hardware to be among the least appealing of the devices out there.

12-10-13 05:50 PM
    WP8 itself is not that bad, its those brick-like hardware that I don't get!
    12-10-13 05:51 PM
    I actually find the Nokia hardware to be among the least appealing of the devices out there.

Though I wouldn't be surprised you say that actually. cause BB is for business people. And communication. While WP is for the different. And consumer market.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    12-10-13 05:53 PM
    Fanboys,unite!

Nokia's better for the average user. Just let it go people.

Or do we really think BlackBerry will beat a nokia in camera soon.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 06:00 PM
    Fanboys,unite!

Nokia's better for the average user. Just let it go people.

Or do we really think BlackBerry will beat a nokia in camera soon.

Posted via CB10
    The day that BlackBerry puts a decent camera in their devices is the day that pigs fly haha
    12-10-13 06:04 PM
267 12345 ...