I use BB Messenger a good bit, but it is often VERY SLOW. Like watching paint dry!!! Does anyone know anything other than open apps or low memory that might slow it down?
    Thx
    Karen

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-08 10:59 PM
    Mine doesn't seem to be slow. Bad wireless signal maybe?
    07-13-08 11:02 PM
    I completely with sgocka, I use BBM all day and it
    is very fast.

Check your memory (options > status)

And make sure you close apps by pressing menu and selecting
    close/exit. The back button does not close apps
    07-13-08 11:06 PM
    It also depends on how soon the other party read the msg, that why you'll see a D meaning delivered and R meaning read.
    07-13-08 11:27 PM
    Could be a weak signal issue, but crackblack is correct. Another thing to add to that, is the clock icon appearing after sending the message? Because if it is, then either you or the person you are sending to has a weak or no signal
    07-13-08 11:44 PM
    I too have noticed bbm being very slow to deliver the message. It will get the check mark next to it but take forever to get the "D".

I have 34.2 MB free on my 8310 so I'm pretty sure that's enough memory.
    07-13-08 11:57 PM
    I too have noticed bbm being very slow to deliver the message. It will get the check mark next to it but take forever to get the "D".

I have 34.2 MB free on my 8310 so I'm pretty sure that's enough memory.
    You certainly have more than enough memory. As stated previously,
    it may be the person on the other end having an issue or simply being
    slow to read your message
    07-14-08 12:04 AM
    Also it's like e-mail whereas if they are on the phone they will not get the message til they get off, then it will get sent.
    07-14-08 12:27 AM
    Mines isn't slow. It's probably your signal.
    07-14-08 02:22 AM
    To me BBM is faster than JiveTalk/Aim majority of the times.

07-14-08 03:43 AM
    I use BB Messenger a good bit, but it is often VERY SLOW. Like watching paint dry!!! Does anyone know anything other than open apps or low memory that might slow it down?
    Thx
    Karen

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Track back, did it work without issues previously? did you do anything different on your BB prior using BBM? is it in a specific area its happening?
    07-14-08 03:56 AM
    Must just be your signal. Since it transmits data, if its running a little slow, then its probably your signal.
    07-14-08 08:31 PM
    Mine is superfast.
    Some wrong with yours. Get it checked
    07-14-08 08:35 PM
    Yes I have a fast BBM app as well.
    07-14-08 08:56 PM
    Well, looks like the majority are happy w their BBM. My issue isnt memory bc I have over 20Mb free. Must be signal bc it is the worst at my house which is an area of weak signal. (lucky me)
    thanks all!
    karen
    07-14-08 09:55 PM
    you might want to try and ending the conversation - it usually works for me....... if someone doesn't answer for a while and i end the conversation i usually get a response within seconds......
    07-14-08 10:16 PM
    I had a different issue with BBM, it kept ending my convo automatically. A Battery Pull fixed that. I suggest one.
    07-14-08 11:23 PM
    I have no problem with mine-it works pretty fast
    07-14-08 11:28 PM
    I have the same problems with BBM on my berry. I'm using less than half the the device memory (Bold 9650). And I almost always get clear service anywhere I go, even if I'm in my house.

My problem may be unique because I like to bbm with one of my friends who currently lives in Nigeria (I live in New York City). We converse a lot and her carrier service is just as decent there as is any carrier here in the states, like the one I'm using. Sometimes the network is slow here domestically, other times abroad, and sometimes both. Sometimes message delivered and received instantaneously, other times it may take minutes or hours, sometimes half a day.

I really think it could be network traffic. If device memory and carrier services (Sprint) aren't an issue, then what else could it possibly be?
    08-24-10 05:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD