In addition, BB10 phones (except for classic) do not have return/home/menu buttons. All these do not work well with Android applications. New BB phones would mostly not make sense if not adding google play supports and/or these buttons.
    02-14-15 06:50 AM
    You do know that any Google Play App was edited to make it work?
    Google Play and its services would cost BB a lot of money to license
    02-14-15 06:52 AM
    You do know that any Google Play App was edited to make it work?
    Google Play and its services would cost BB a lot of money to license
    What are those license fees? Does Samsung pay those fees?
    02-14-15 07:03 AM
    In fact, I stand corrected, Google: We do not charge licensing fees for Android?s Google Mobile Services | 9to5Google

Maybe it's due to the integration into the system?
    02-14-15 07:08 AM
    Google services are only authorised to members of the Open Handset Alliance. Members of the alliance are restricted to using Google Services only on approved distributions of Android. There are many conditions that the Android Player on BlackBerry can't meet.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2072
    02-14-15 07:18 AM
    Because Blackberry is not allowed to do that! They would probably get sued and have an injunction slapped on them, kind of like what happened to Typo trying to copy BB keyboards, without permission.
    02-14-15 07:39 AM
    Because Blackberry is not allowed to do that! They would probably get sued and have an injunction slapped on them, kind of like what happened to Typo trying to copy BB keyboards, without permission.
    And they will never get permission because Google put up those restrictions to block people from doing exactly what BlackBerry & Amazon are doingm

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 09:20 AM
    Been discussed to death. Here is a good sticky post on the subject that may answer some of your questions.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=953753
    02-14-15 09:29 AM
    Been discussed to death. Here is a good sticky post on the subject that may answer some of your questions.

Why BB10 doesn't have Google Services or official access to the Google Play Store. - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Any similar discussion for adding return/home/menu buttons for future BB10 phones?
    02-14-15 10:08 AM
    Any similar discussion for adding return/home/menu buttons for future BB10 phones?
    I don't think so. But that sticky is the best explanation I have seen addressing the question in your title. I thought you might like to read it.
    02-14-15 10:31 AM
    That "sticky" link is just partial truths and a few generalizations. Ultimately, the money talks and if the money says others can have these services, they will.

BB OS10 has a back "button" already. A hidden little gem it is.
    02-14-15 10:55 AM
    Very interesting, seems like the only real solution here is for BlackBerry to convince developers to develop apps for BlackBerry. But how to do that. BlackBerry was very aggressive under Heinz in pursuing developers to develop for BlackBerry and that didn't work.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 11:35 AM
    That "sticky" link is just partial truths and a few generalizations. Ultimately, the money talks and if the money says others can have these services, they will.

If all it took was money to gain access to Google Play Services, Amazon's forked Android would have access already. Does it have that access?

So, no. Money doesn't talk in this situation Meeting the OHA criteria is all that matters and any forked Android won't do that.
    ChainPunch likes this.
    02-14-15 11:58 AM

Which are the partial truths?
    02-14-15 12:25 PM

Do you mean using swipe-up gesture as back button? That does not work well in some applications, especially for the camera.
    02-14-15 12:55 PM
    It's a diagonal swipe up.
    02-14-15 01:01 PM
    Do you mean using swipe-up gesture as back button? That does not work well in some applications, especially for the camera.
    No, when using an app written for the Android OS on a BB10 device, swipe right to left along the bottom bezel. That is the BB10 gesture for Android's back button.
    02-14-15 06:10 PM
    Which are the partial truths?
    None of them are partial truths. Some people are just reluctant to accept the reality of the situation because it doesn't conform to their deepest wishes.
    James Nieves and rthonpm like this.
    02-14-15 06:18 PM
    None of them are partial truths. Some people are just reluctant to accept the reality of the situation because it doesn't conform to their deepest wishes.
    So, what about this one?

"...nearly 200 other manufacturers, who are held to the rules of the OHA, and given that 80% of those companies are likely to provide Google with as many or more users as BB10..."

Are there 160 manufactureres that provide Google with "as many or more" users than BB10?

Shall I go on? How many do I have to point out before you accept my view of the opinion post?
    02-14-15 07:14 PM
    There are a lot of these threads lately.

"My phone won't do what other phones do. Fix it!"

Just buy the phone you want people!
    Richard Buckley likes this.
    02-14-15 09:02 PM
    All that the people want is could link his Clash of Clans Android account to their BlackBerry Device , jejeje

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 09:27 PM
    Are there 160 manufactureres that provide Google with "as many or more" users than BB10?

Shall I go on? How many do I have to point out before you accept my view of the opinion post?
    I don't know if there are. But please do go on. I'm interested in hearing your counter to any and all flawed information in the sticky. What else?
    mornhavon likes this.
    02-14-15 10:35 PM
    It's a diagonal swipe up.
    Right! :-)

�   Telstra + Classic, Optus + PP, AT&T + PP , Verizon + Classic... why the mix, Mr. Fix?   �
    02-15-15 02:55 AM
    Right! :-)

•   Telstra + Classic, Optus + PP, AT&T + PP , Verizon + Classic... why the mix, Mr. Fix?   •
    This is interesting, I haven't heard of this one. Are you sure it isn't a horizontal swipe across the bottom bezel and your diagonal swipe up is just accomplishing the same thing? Are we talking about when in the Runtime?
    02-15-15 09:06 AM
    This is interesting, I haven't heard of this one. Are you sure it isn't a horizontal swipe across the bottom bezel and your diagonal swipe up is just accomplishing the same thing? Are we talking about when in the Runtime?
    Back in the early days of BB10 and maybe even the Playbook all the tutorials showed this is the way to navigate 'back' in Android apps.
    02-15-15 10:32 AM
35 12