All major electronics products are subjected to similar scrutiny as new features are rolled out, including devices from Google Inc., Microsoft Corp. and Samsung Electronics Co.

For example, in 2012, Charlie Miller led a team that demonstrated techniques for taking over smartphones running Google?s Android software through their use of near-field communications, or NFC, a wireless technology used for sharing data or making purchases at point-of-sales terminals.So why why is blackberry being bashed by the media,and these pathetic websites ie the verge, bgr,and CNET geez unbelievable

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 08:27 AM
    Haters gonna hate, that's why.

But on the bright side join the movement #IChooseBlackBerry10

Posted via CB10
    jordandrews90 likes this.
    09-20-13 08:28 AM
    Why??

would someone create a discussion title that gives absolutely no clue as to what the topic of the thread is?

What

did you think the title field was for - the first word of your question?
    09-20-13 08:41 AM
    Why??

would someone create a discussion title that gives absolutely no clue as to what the topic of the thread is?

What

did you think the title field was for - the first word of your question?
    Why should they. Titles like this add a air of mystery until you open it and read the subject. I like it.

Other thread titles can enrage even before you open it.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 08:56 AM
    The difference is that consumers aren't questioning whether Google Inc., Microsoft Corp. and Samsung Electronics Co will still be in business a year from now.
    09-20-13 12:44 PM
    There is a general hate for all things BlackBerry by a lot of people; to me personally it's borderline confusing at times. I talk my crap about Apple and competitors but mainly on this board, and to my GF who enjoys getting me riled up. But I've had people downright 'verbally' accost me and my intelligence for having a phone they don't approve of 'any longer'. I'm still trying to understand where it all went wrong. It's one thing for people to hate a company for something they did (IE BP spilled tons of oil and killed fish), but what did BlackBerry do to you personally? Why is someone who likes a BlackBerry less of a person that deserves a lecture? These questions might seem like jokes, but I'm dead serious. I can't tell you the amounts of down right idiotic things people have said to me, and asked me, with straight faces. Here is an example of some of them:

1) At PowerPlant in Baltimore earlier this year, a girl started talking to me. She wanted to give me her number; I pulled out my 9930 at the time. She says, "OMG, why do you have that old thing? Does it even get email?" I'm not even going to get into the idiocy of that statement.

2) One individual 'thought' he had sent me an email. Called me and asked, "why hasn't your stupid BlackBerry gotten my email, I've been waiting for your response for over an hour". This fool ended the email "@gmail.co" and was wondering why I hadn't got the email. He blamed his mistake on MY phone.

3) Finally there are the people who will tell you BBs are trash, but can't give you any good reasons as to why they are garbage. I have no problem with people having an opinion - but as an adult I like to hear backed statements.

Anyway, I didn't mean to hijack the thread, just wanted to contribute to it; see if anyone else gets the same kind of second rate treatment. I've noticed whenever the media does a story about BB, they almost always show very old model BB's. They might sometimes name the newer ones, but the visual is always of an old one. Outside of the commercials, which are dwindling- the only time I ever get to see the new models via the media is when a journalist pulls out their BB and talks about how much they love it.

Sorry for the rant/rambling, bored at work on a Friday. Enjoy your weekend
    09-20-13 01:01 PM
    All major electronics products are subjected to similar scrutiny as new features are rolled out, including devices from Google Inc., Microsoft Corp. and Samsung Electronics Co.

For example, in 2012, Charlie Miller led a team that demonstrated techniques for taking over smartphones running Google?s Android software through their use of near-field communications, or NFC, a wireless technology used for sharing data or making purchases at point-of-sales terminals.So why why is blackberry being bashed by the media,and these pathetic websites ie the verge, bgr,and CNET geez unbelievable

Posted via CB10
    Because it just doesn't meet needs??
    09-20-13 05:57 PM
    Why? Because BB is Awesome and secure,
    Anti-NSA Smart phone.
    Millions of people stuck with phones being spied on by the NSA, and the big media corporations being complicit with them.
    They want BB to fold and go away to have total control on the population, bank accounts, health records, e-mails, chats etc, etc...

BB Z10 Rocks!
    09-20-13 06:17 PM
    Absolutely @#$@# true they DONT LIKE BLACKBERRY B E C A U S E O F. S E C U R I T Y

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 06:21 PM
    There is a general hate for all things BlackBerry by a lot of people; to me personally it's borderline confusing at times. I talk my crap about Apple and competitors but mainly on this board, and to my GF who enjoys getting me riled up. But I've had people downright 'verbally' accost me and my intelligence for having a phone they don't approve of 'any longer'. I'm still trying to understand where it all went wrong. It's one thing for people to hate a company for something they did (IE BP spilled tons of oil and killed fish), but what did BlackBerry do to you personally? Why is someone who likes a BlackBerry less of a person that deserves a lecture? These questions might seem like jokes, but I'm dead serious. I can't tell you the amounts of down right idiotic things people have said to me, and asked me, with straight faces. Here is an example of some of them:

1) At PowerPlant in Baltimore earlier this year, a girl started talking to me. She wanted to give me her number; I pulled out my 9930 at the time. She says, "OMG, why do you have that old thing? Does it even get email?" I'm not even going to get into the idiocy of that statement.

2) One individual 'thought' he had sent me an email. Called me and asked, "why hasn't your stupid BlackBerry gotten my email, I've been waiting for your response for over an hour". This fool ended the email "@gmail.co" and was wondering why I hadn't got the email. He blamed his mistake on MY phone.

3) Finally there are the people who will tell you BBs are trash, but can't give you any good reasons as to why they are garbage. I have no problem with people having an opinion - but as an adult I like to hear backed statements.

Anyway, I didn't mean to hijack the thread, just wanted to contribute to it; see if anyone else gets the same kind of second rate treatment. I've noticed whenever the media does a story about BB, they almost always show very old model BB's. They might sometimes name the newer ones, but the visual is always of an old one. Outside of the commercials, which are dwindling- the only time I ever get to see the new models via the media is when a journalist pulls out their BB and talks about how much they love it.

Sorry for the rant/rambling, bored at work on a Friday. Enjoy your weekend
    Yeah you're not the only one. My sister has been BBMing me all day about all the BlackBerry news of the day. She works at an RCMP detachment or a I like to call it "the iPhone pocket".

Her coworkers have been picking on her all day about BlackBerry because she's the only one in the office who has one and probably moreso to get a rise out of her.

She keeps asking them why it bothers them so much what phone she uses.

I asked her, isn't it funny how we spend less time explaining why we're Atheists than we do explaining why we choose to use a BlackBerry?

It's messed up. You can say we're too sensitive about it, and it's just teasing and we need to lighten up. Yeah that's partly true. But really, you hear it long enough, every day, from the same people, it just gets irritating and tiring.

It's a weird weird kind of hatred people have for BlackBerry. It's like the company ran over their dog and then pushed their grandma down the stairs.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 06:26 PM
    Why? Because BB is Awesome and secure,
    Anti-NSA Smart phone.
    Millions of people stuck with phones being spied on by the NSA, and the big media corporations being complicit with them.
    They want BB to fold and go away to have total control on the population, bank accounts, health records, e-mails, chats etc, etc...

BB Z10 Rocks!
    This is sort of a funny topic given the last batch of leaked slides gave examples of BES communications being exploited by the NSA and BIS being fairly open.
    09-20-13 06:30 PM