OK. I noticed that when I back up my bb that the back up folder is stored the My Documents folder, why is this? Also I have never had to restore my bb and was wondering if I have to run a restore will DM know were the back up file is and will it get it on its own? Help me out crackberry heads, give me skinny!
    04-21-09 03:24 PM
    That's the default you can change it thru DM, start up DM, then from the main menu click on Options in the upper right, and you will see the settings.
    04-21-09 03:33 PM
    If you ever need to do a Restore, you just direct DM to where your .ipd backup files are.

You can also specify where the Backup file is created when you are making the Backup, just before you click on Backup.
    Last edited by xliderider; 04-21-09 at 03:41 PM.
    04-21-09 03:38 PM
    Even when your file is about to be saved in "my documents" you can still choose the destination.

Personally I have it saved there and I always drag my backup file to my memory card just in case.
    04-21-09 03:51 PM
    OK. I noticed that when I back up my bb that the back up folder is stored the My Documents folder, why is this?
    This dumbass default for Windoze programs goes back to the early days of Microsoft's attempts to control all software behavior. Its about the only place a programmer could be certain the user will have Write/Create permissions.
    04-21-09 05:04 PM
    This dumbass default for Windoze programs goes back to the early days of Microsoft's attempts to control all software behavior. Its about the only place a programmer could be certain the user will have Write/Create permissions.
    Linux (openSUSE) does the same thing. It usually wants to place a file in /home/username/ or /home/username/documents/. I never have understood why people make this out to be a big deal.
    04-21-09 07:01 PM
    Linux (openSUSE) does the same thing. It usually wants to place a file in /home/username/ or /home/username/documents/. I never have understood why people make this out to be a big deal.
    At least Linux doesn't use <long> folder names, and they are a real path not a phantom softlink like "My Documents" which doesn't really exist. In fact My Docs can be mapped to almost anywhere including away on a server so it becomes a real PITA.
    04-23-09 07:41 PM
    How many people that frequent this forum is storing their backups on a server? Most are storing their backups on a desktop or laptop. On my laptop "My Documents" are located in C:\LapData.
    04-23-09 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD