I have 4 e-mails associated with my BlackBerry.

I've looked around, it doesn't seem like it's possible to reply to an e-mail from another e-mail address. I can reply only from the e-mail address the message was sent to originally.

When I compose a new e-mail, I can choose of any of my 4 e-mails as the sender address, but not reply. Even when using GMail on the desktop, I am able to not only compose, but reply on any e-mail addresses that was set up.

Does anyone know why this restriction is? I love BlackBerry, but this seems like such a basic thing, and it's curious why you're not allowed to reply from your other BB e-mail addresses.

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-11 05:16 AM
    You can, at least in OS v4.6 and above. At the very top of the reply... "Send Using"
    05-25-11 05:35 AM
    Yeah, you see it. Try changing it to another e-mail. Do this in a reply, not a Compose New (because that already works).

Doesn't work.

05-25-11 05:45 AM
    It used to work not it doesn't. I would say thank goodness as I did reply using the wrong email a few times before. You can still forward it using any email account you want though.

05-25-11 06:31 AM
    That's usually a security thing to keep from others using any old email address in a spam situation. Probably the Email controller changed the rules locking it out.
    05-25-11 08:59 AM
    You can't change the "send from" field in a reply.

AFAIK, you also can't change that when sending a reply from a regular PC-based email client (like Outlook) either, even if you have more than one email address configured on it. Or can you?

Why would you want to do that anyway? Wouldn't that just confuse the sender? I suppose you could forward it to your other address and reply back to the original sender from there.

05-25-11 09:53 AM
    replying from a different email address wouldn't really be a relply, would it.......

at any rate, if you simply forward the message, instead of replying, you can change the "sent from" address, and then just edit the subject live from 'FW: blah blah" to "RE: blah blah"

type your reply, and boom
    05-25-11 10:02 AM
    I am facing the same problem. Forwarding the email and "replying" would not be a problem if it's an email thread with only one other person.

Have a group of people in the email thread and it seems to me that it's silly to be unable to change the email address which I'm sending from (because the person who started the thread sent the email to the one that I do not wish to use).
    07-13-11 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD