Hello everyone!

My question is in the title : Why aren't there more applications available for BlackBerry OS?

The app store has been launched more than a year ago and still the number of apps available is ridiculous compared to those available on android and iphone. And it's not like there are no BB users, look at the numbers!

Seriously I love my BB and I think RIM has finally decided to react and be more user friendly to non business users (such as me). The new desktop manager is great and the new Torch 9800 even if it's not perfect is a great step forward.

But if RIM doesn't do something about the number of apps available I think a lot of users are going to switch to android or iphone, and I'm seriously thinking about it! I'm not saying I need 250000 apps available, but there are still more than a few apps available elsewhere that I would love to have on my BB..
    08-12-10 12:34 PM
    it's about the application DEVELOPERS. the jesus phone got off to a rip roaring start, and now we have the Android phones... developers go with "the numbers".
    08-12-10 12:37 PM
    Not to mention the number of apps is misleading to say the least. The amount of redundancy is staggering. Do we really need 400 apps that switch wallpapers/whatever?
    08-12-10 12:54 PM
    Yeah, unfortunately it is all about the numbers... Android is now outselling iphone, making developers more tempted to work with that platform. Also doesn't help that in a recent survey I saw less than half of BB users say their next phone will be a BB... I am one of those people...
    08-12-10 12:58 PM
    No doubt there are TONS of useless apps on Apple, Android, and Blackberry. But BB does seem to get everything last, if ever, and when they do it's slow and overweight. For example, I'm using a weather app that looks like it was designed 5 years ago because the current options are bad. Also, ESPN? ScoreMobile is your only options for sports scores and it's...okay...

My reasoning is:

1. RIM's inability to control memory leaks. Way way too many apps leak memory and I don't feel too much advancement here.
    2. Minimum app price of $2.99. Why are comparable BB apps always more expensive? Even 2.99 is rare.

Maybe some developers could share why it's so hard to develop for BB.
    08-12-10 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD