Not that I think it will happen nor would I want it to, but Apple may not have the problem of American taxes with a Blackberry purchase since BB is still a Canadian company. They would be dealing with the Canadian government and securities.

The government here does have final say over any foreign buyers. They shot down any chance of Lenovo making a move. They might be a bit more receptive to Apple but I think as long as BB is showing any signs of being able to grow their business again as a Canadian company, the government will face a lot of public and corporate pressure to keep them as Blackberry is still one of Canada's largest tech businesses...to lose them would put a lot of heat on the gov't here to convince investors that there still is a tech industry left.

In summary, I don't think it's going to happen for numerous reasons. At least not a complete buy-out.
    08-08-14 06:29 PM
    Actually if they bought BlackBerry they would pay taxes to both Canada and USA.

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8
    08-08-14 06:43 PM
    Oh please, so the economy is Apple's fault too?
    Pretty sure he said 'companies LIKE Apple, not just apple.'

Let's read all the words in the sentence first, it'll help with the confusion.

Posted via CB10
    spikesolie likes this.
    08-08-14 06:43 PM
    Why Apple Inc. (AAPL) Should Buy BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) | Tech Insider

Interesting article in that the author states that even though BlackBerry is a small player, they are the only one who's primary focus is security.

"BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) is a company, which even in its downward journey, never lost focus from its primary goal of securing conversation of its customers. Be it data, voice or messages, BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) is still the company on which you can rely on if security and privacy is your main concern. Granted that BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) has been reduced to a niche player in the smartphone universe, but that doesn�t change the fact that its devices are used by the who�s who of International politics, from U.S. President, Barack Obama, to German Chancellor, Angela Merkel."
    I crack up every time when some hipster blogger with his tight skinny jeans and hype beard acting like a consultant for some company. Hipsters, always taking themselves as the prime of human being.

Without reading this pathetic troll article, the masses think Apple is like god. They can buy anything and anyone. Maybe this would have been an option 8 months ago, when Blackberry was on its knees. But not now or the near future. So Apple will BYTE on stone here, because Blackberry has a long-term strategy and will win.

Lamest troll article ever posted here, from a starbucks drinking sissy hipster with tight skinny jeans and beard being anxious 24/7 about life. Fail!

LULZ!
    Heinz Katchup, Nayalm and divyan like this.
    08-08-14 06:52 PM
    Hey I have a beard and am proud of it! Bushmen need their protective beard. Lol. Iphones do less than nothing for me though so others wise I agree.

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8
    Heinz Katchup likes this.
    08-08-14 07:19 PM
    Not sure I'd BlackBerry would sell itself short by selling to Apple. I believe the companies should stay in their corners and do their own thing. This idea of any suggestion of Apple buying BlackBerry voids us all of choice of mobile platforms. Plus iMac is as much Apple I need in my system. Cheers

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-08-14 08:10 PM
    Not sure why you are posting old news?

Secondly Apple wouldn't be able to buy BlackBerry as they would have to pay tax on sale, something Apple hasn't paid in years because all their money is store in offshore accounts. The US economy wouldn't be in such bad shape if companies like Apple paid regular corporate tax instead of moving their money outside of the US.
    First, the US government has collected a record high tax receipts last year and continues to do so this year. However, it is still spending way over that amount.

Second, the US has the highest corporate tax rate of the developed nations. Even John F Kennedy knew that if you lower tax rates, you get more people paying taxes and get more tax receipts.

Third, the US government doesn't make the economy go by taxing. They can, however, stall the economy by excess taxes and regulations.

Fourth, no business ever pays taxes or levies. Any cost are handed down to the customer through higher costs for products and services or by reducing quality/quantity of products and services.

Posted from my Z30 using CB10
    08-09-14 03:24 AM
    First, the US government has collected a record high tax receipts last year and continues to do so this year. However, it is still spending way over that amount.

Second, the US has the highest corporate tax rate of the developed nations. Even John F Kennedy knew that if you lower tax rates, you get more people paying taxes and get more tax receipts.

Third, the US government doesn't make the economy go by taxing. They can, however, stall the economy by excess taxes and regulations.

Fourth, no business ever pays taxes or levies. Any cost are handed down to the customer through higher costs for products and services or by reducing quality/quantity of products and services.

Posted from my Z30 using CB10
    You are absolutely correct. Besides, I'm not sure why people think the government will make better use of the money than Apple. Apple will use the money to develop and sell products that people want. The government will probably just use it to blow stuff up in the Middle East. Actually, it will probably borrow money to blow stuff up in the Middle East and then use Apple's tax money to pay interest on its debt. 'Merica!
    08-09-14 06:07 AM
    Yes Apple should have. It's pocket change. They could have called it Apple-Berry and ran them separately. Apple consumer side and BES/BB10 enterprise. Then promote enterprise and popular apps to native BB10. They could have had it all very easily.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 06:49 AM
    Yes Apple should have. It's pocket change. They could have called it Apple-Berry and ran them separately. Apple consumer side and BES/BB10 enterprise. Then promote enterprise and popular apps to native BB10. They could have had it all very easily.

Posted via CB10
    That would have been quite interesting. I wonder if they even considered it.

�To conquer oneself is a greater task than conquering others� Buddha
    08-09-14 07:42 AM
    I crack up every time when some hipster blogger with his tight skinny jeans and hype beard acting like a consultant for some company. Hipsters, always taking themselves as the prime of human being.

Without reading this pathetic troll article, the masses think Apple is like god. They can buy anything and anyone. Maybe this would have been an option 8 months ago, when Blackberry was on its knees. But not now or the near future. So Apple will BYTE on stone here, because Blackberry has a long-term strategy and will win.

Lamest troll article ever posted here, from a starbucks drinking sissy hipster with tight skinny jeans and beard being anxious 24/7 about life. Fail!

LULZ!

You got all that without reading the article? Impressive.
    08-09-14 09:12 AM
    OK.

Anything with sheep or Droid in it.
    The government.
    Anyone who thinks differently from me.
    Apple and Google again because they are just so damned evil.
    Chicken McNuggets.
    Did I mention Apple and sheep?
    American beer.
    I'll think of more.

Ones like Berkshire Hathaway, Lehman Brothers etc.

Oh wait...we were supposed to put joke ones down that weren't the real reasons.

Umm...Pfizer - Damnit! did it again.
    08-09-14 09:49 AM
    Why Apple Inc. (AAPL) Should Buy BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) | Tech Insider

Interesting article in that the author states that even though BlackBerry is a small player, they are the only one who's primary focus is security.

"BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) is a company, which even in its downward journey, never lost focus from its primary goal of securing conversation of its customers. Be it data, voice or messages, BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) is still the company on which you can rely on if security and privacy is your main concern. Granted that BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) has been reduced to a niche player in the smartphone universe, but that doesn�t change the fact that its devices are used by the who�s who of International politics, from U.S. President, Barack Obama, to German Chancellor, Angela Merkel."
    Anti-trust regulation!
    08-09-14 10:42 AM
    Well I doubt they will buy Blackberry especially since they are in bed with IBM. They are more likely to be acquired by either Microsoft (or even Google). Now I think of it, QNX might go back to being open source if acquired by Google, and that's always a good thing.
    08-09-14 11:09 AM
    Ones like Berkshire Hathaway, Lehman Brothers etc.

Oh wait...we were supposed to put joke ones down that weren't the real reasons.

Umm...Pfizer - Damnit! did it again.
    Wrong forum.

Sent from my N5
    08-09-14 11:38 AM
    Well I doubt they will buy Blackberry especially since they are in bed with IBM. They are more likely to be acquired by either Microsoft (or even Google). Now I think of it, QNX might go back to being open source if acquired by Google, and that's always a good thing.
    Say goodbye to security then.

Why are people so obsessed with "open source"? It's more trouble than is worth almost every single time.

About the original thread... It won't happen Apple has nothing to win from BlackBerry.
    08-09-14 01:50 PM

Why are people so obsessed with "open source"? It's more trouble than is worth almost every single time.

About the original thread... It won't happen Apple has nothing to win from BlackBerry.
    It's about freedom which most people cherish. Security is needed in some situations, not all.

08-09-14 01:59 PM

You obviously don't know anything about open source software.

Windows is proprietary software, so why are people still able to exploit it?
    Ios has more security holes than android. According to you that shouldn't be the case.

It's not about the openness of the software. It's all about the software design and development process. Being open usually makes software more secure since the developers in the community can find hidden holes and propose fixes.
    08-09-14 05:28 PM
    lol
    08-09-14 05:47 PM
    You got all that without reading the article? Impressive.
    indeed qbnkelt
    propeller10 likes this.
    08-09-14 05:49 PM
    It'd be an interesting idea and I wouldn't be completely against it.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 05:54 PM
    BlackBerry was for sale. Nobody wanted it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    JeepBB likes this.
    08-09-14 06:10 PM
    Oh please, so the economy is Apple's fault too?
    Yes, the economy is apples fault.... didn't you hear? Apple owns all the banks and Wallstreet now. Steve Jobs took all the money with him when he passed away. Now we're all broke.... lmao

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 06:14 PM
    Yeah this ain't gonna happen.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 07:14 PM
    Walmart does kill small businesses so yea...........
    Pretty sure it's the consumers who choose to shop there that are responsible. Companies like walmart wouldn't exist if there was no demand.

I love when people blame these evil corporations
    08-09-14 07:33 PM
66 123