Why Apple Inc. (AAPL) Should Buy BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) | Tech Insider

Interesting article in that the author states that even though BlackBerry is a small player, they are the only one who's primary focus is security.

"BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) is a company, which even in its downward journey, never lost focus from its primary goal of securing conversation of its customers. Be it data, voice or messages, BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) is still the company on which you can rely on if security and privacy is your main concern. Granted that BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) has been reduced to a niche player in the smartphone universe, but that doesn�t change the fact that its devices are used by the who�s who of International politics, from U.S. President, Barack Obama, to German Chancellor, Angela Merkel."
    fbf2012 likes this.
    08-08-14 03:31 PM

Why would we want less competitions?
    spikesolie and menshawy like this.
    08-08-14 03:34 PM
    If BES was for sale by itself BB would have plenty of buyers. Its all the other parts that aren't as palatable.
    08-08-14 03:39 PM
    Apple will definitely buy BlackBerry.... In Their Dreams!
    08-08-14 03:45 PM
    Apple will definitely buy BlackBerry.... In Their Dreams!
    They could buy blackberry with their pocket change.

�To conquer oneself is a greater task than conquering others� Buddha
    devin266 likes this.
    08-08-14 03:46 PM
    They would have to rebuild the ios OS for it to actually help them. You can't patch a insecure os

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8
    sk8er_tor and lovedaazn like this.
    08-08-14 03:48 PM
    Why Apple Inc. (AAPL) Should Buy BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) | Tech Insider

Interesting article in that the author states that even though BlackBerry is a small player, they are the only one who's primary focus is security.

"BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) is a company, which even in its downward journey, never lost focus from its primary goal of securing conversation of its customers. Be it data, voice or messages, BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) is still the company on which you can rely on if security and privacy is your main concern. Granted that BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) has been reduced to a niche player in the smartphone universe, but that doesn’t change the fact that its devices are used by the who’s who of International politics, from U.S. President, Barack Obama, to German Chancellor, Angela Merkel."

Not sure why you are posting old news?

Secondly Apple wouldn't be able to buy BlackBerry as they would have to pay tax on sale, something Apple hasn't paid in years because all their money is store in offshore accounts. The US economy wouldn't be in such bad shape if companies like Apple paid regular corporate tax instead of moving their money outside of the US.
    koves, sk8er_tor, iamagod and 1 others like this.
    08-08-14 03:48 PM

Secondly Apple wouldn't be able to buy BlackBerry as they would have to pay tax on sale, something Apple hasn't paid in years because all their money is store in offshore accounts. The US economy wouldn't be in such bad shape if companies like Apple paid regular corporate tax instead of moving their money outside of the US.
    Oh please, so the economy is Apple's fault too?
    JeepBB likes this.
    08-08-14 03:49 PM
    Oh please, so the economy is Apple's fault too?
    Yes.
    sk8er_tor and spikesolie like this.
    08-08-14 03:54 PM
    Yes.
    Lol ok
    08-08-14 03:55 PM
    And don't forget Google. It's their fault also.

08-08-14 03:55 PM
    And don't forget Google. It's their fault also.
    Good point. I almost forgot about them and Microsoft as well.
    spikesolie likes this.
    08-08-14 03:59 PM
    Good point. I almost forgot about them and Microsoft as well.
    And Walmart. They're evil also.

08-08-14 04:00 PM
    You're much better at pointing out who's to blame than me. I'll let you name the rest.
    spikesolie likes this.
    08-08-14 04:03 PM
    The article was posted yesterday, and as per the quote I took from the article, it is to underline the fact that others still recognize the strength of BB compared to iOS. There seem to be more positive BB articles in the news lately.
    08-08-14 04:07 PM
    The article was posted yesterday, and as per the quote I took from the article, it is to underline the fact that others still recognize the strength of BB compared to iOS. There seem to be more positive BB articles in the news lately.
    Apple buying BlackBerry is not positive news.
    sk8er_tor and spikesolie like this.
    08-08-14 04:12 PM
    You're much better at pointing out who's to blame than me. I'll let you name the rest.
    OK.

Anything with sheep or Droid in it.
    The government.
    Anyone who thinks differently from me.
    Apple and Google again because they are just so damned evil.
    Chicken McNuggets.
    Did I mention Apple and sheep?
    American beer.
    I'll think of more.

08-08-14 04:20 PM
    Not just apple but corporate greed

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8
    08-08-14 04:21 PM

“To conquer oneself is a greater task than conquering others” Buddha
    Walmart does kill small businesses so yea...........
    Heinz Katchup and spikesolie like this.
    08-08-14 04:46 PM
    Walmart does kill small businesses so yea...........
    I agree. Get rid of them all.

Sent from my N5
    08-08-14 05:01 PM
    They could buy blackberry with their pocket change.

“To conquer oneself is a greater task than conquering others” Buddha
    Well they could if their cash was in the US. But it isn't and Apple doesn't want to pay that tax bill. It sits close to 45 billion dollars at the moment.
    Heinz Katchup and spikesolie like this.
    08-08-14 05:08 PM
    So, if Apple can't acquire any other companies, then how did they pull off the purchase if Beats By Dre?

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    JeepBB likes this.
    08-08-14 05:38 PM
    It would dilute their brand if they did, but buying beats and partnering with IBM is equivalent. The risk/reward is favorable. Take them out, take their staff, drive the security end, creating a pro business device and get the devs on board. QNX and their future leaves tomorrow open to possibilities. The risk, some old dusty cash probably chewed up by mice b/c it's been sitting so long up in Timmys attic.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 06:04 PM
    So, if Apple can't acquire any other companies, then how did they pull off the purchase if Beats By Dre?

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    Apple spent $2.6 billion in cash on the deal, with the remaining $400 million coming as Apple stock. This was reported I'm sure it was the reverse to avoid the tax issues.

Apple used technicalities in Irish and American tax law to pay little or no corporate taxes on at least $74 billion over the past four years, according to the Senate panel's findings. The investigation found no evidence that Apple did anything illegal. What they often leave out is the second part of the story, that Apple is one of the largest tax avoiders," said Sen. John McCain (R., Ariz.), who described Apple as the "most egregious offender" among U.S. corporations trying to avoid tax bills. Mr. McCain is the ranking Republican on the subcommittee headed by Michigan Democrat Carl Levin.Despite reporting net income of $30 billion over the four-year period 2009 to 2012, Apple Operations International paid no corporate income taxes to any national government during that period," .Cook urged Congress to modify the current tax system, which Apple said penalizes companies for bringing foreign earnings back to the U.S.
    "Apple welcomes an objective examination of the U.S. corporate tax system, which has not kept pace with the advent of the digital age and the rapidly changing global economy," the company said in testimony. I can write tons about other violators but they are at least making restitution by other means which I'm not at liberty to say.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 06:06 PM
    I'm never eating Apple pie again.

red_devil_fan_1999 and JeepBB like this.
    08-08-14 06:22 PM
66 123