UPDATE: Apparently the degree of idiocracy which forms the foundation of this thread has not been recognized by some as sarcasm and/or satire, so at the risk of ruining the not-so-subtle joke let me make clear that I recognize the faults made by RIM and that in some ways Android is superior. However, I personally like BlackBerry and feel I am entitled to do so without being repeatedly informed that "Android is better".

It's because Android OS sucks. If it was as good as BBOS, they wouldn't need such powerful processors. BBOS just is, and will continue to be, better. Suck it haters.
    (puts on flame suit and unsubscribes from thread)

Update: I'd like to thank everyone who made this post a brilliant success, it is currently the hottest thread on CrackBerry
    For those wishing to replicate this thread's success, please read this instruction which I just prepared: How To Have the Hottest Thread on CrackBerry
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 01-18-11 at 08:03 PM.
    01-16-11 10:34 PM
    so you basically admit to starting a thread just to troll?
    01-16-11 10:36 PM
    Is it trolling to post something like that on a BB site?
    If yes, than I suppose I am, but I don't think it is.
    01-16-11 10:37 PM
    It's because Android OS sucks. If it was as good as BBOS, they wouldn't need such powerful processors. BBOS just is, and will continue to be, better. Suck it haters.
    (puts on flame suit and unsubscribes from thread)
    Don't forget to remove your dunce cap..unless its flame retardant too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    rizzzzoooo likes this.
    01-16-11 10:42 PM
    I don't want to become totally dependent on Google, Microsoft, Apple, or anyone else.

I would not get an Android, since I don't want Google to handle my sync. Gmail is my "junk" email address. I use my ISP's email address as my primary email address. I don't need Google Sync or Google Calendar to sync with BlackBerry.

Microsoft used to be the company to hate due to controlling evrything. Google is worse. I want my privacy. I do not want Google to know about and run my life.

buwee, Witmen, Danimaloxo7 and 2 others like this.
    01-16-11 10:43 PM
    I don't want to become totally dependent on Google, Microsoft, Apple, or anyone else.

I would not get an Android, since I don't want Google to handle my sync. Gmail is my "junk" email address. I use my ISP's email address as my primary email address. I don't need Google Sync or Google Calendar to sync with BlackBerry.

Microsoft used to be the company to hate due to controlling evrything. Google is worse. I want my privacy. I do not want Google to know about and run my life.

Ok, I'll have to say it: +1.

01-16-11 10:55 PM
    You're at the mercy of BIS/BES pat yourself on the back
    01-16-11 11:00 PM
    It's because Android OS sucks.
    You're a total genius
    01-16-11 11:03 PM
    Amen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    01-16-11 11:18 PM
    Why is this mercy? I know that since I'm on att and not using a bes that I'm on a bis, but I don't feel any in slavement. I have a yahoo mail addr. My mail comes and go flawlessly. I have complete control over my phone as to how I interface it etc. I have no problems with any kind of messages sms, mms, email etc. If this is mercy. I love it.

01-16-11 11:21 PM
    You're a total genius
    You're not. No need for rolling eyes.
    01-16-11 11:22 PM
    So, under your same "logic" once the new bbs come out with 1gh processors, the bb os will suck?
    Last edited by pantlesspenguin; 01-18-11 at 11:04 AM. Reason: clarification...I was rather intoxicated when I initially posted this
    01-16-11 11:33 PM
    You're not. No need for rolling eyes.
    01-17-11 12:11 AM
    Why is this mercy? I know that since I'm on att and not using a bes that I'm on a bis, but I don't feel any in slavement. I have a yahoo mail addr. My mail comes and go flawlessly. I have complete control over my phone as to how I interface it etc. I have no problems with any kind of messages sms, mms, email etc. If this is mercy. I love it.

I have two words for you:

BIS Outage

01-17-11 12:12 AM

BIS Outage

When was the last one and how big was it? I recognize it is important to you. What is the frequency and scope based on your research?

01-17-11 12:18 AM
    When was the last one and how big was it? I recognize it is important to you. What is the frequency and scope based on your research?

Apart from me being here longer than you, look up my post history and you'll see I owned an 8320, 9000 and 9700. Too many times due to BIS outages all my BB was able to do was make phone calls, rendering it a dumb phone.

Hows that for research?

01-17-11 12:23 AM
    Not very good. Actually, it sounds like it has been over year since you would know. So, what are you even saying? Over a year ago you had an outage?

01-17-11 12:26 AM
    ITT: Ignorance

01-17-11 12:30 AM
    Not very good. Actually, it sounds like it has been over year since you would know. So, what are you even saying? Over a year ago you had an outage?

i think i have had 3-4 over the last year, some up to 4 hours.

back in december of 2009 i think it was down for a solid 8-12 hours and really sketchy for a couple days actually
    01-17-11 04:50 AM

BIS Outage

Oh yes cuz gmail never had an outage or problems with hacked accounts etc.

Ferretling likes this.
    01-17-11 05:25 AM
    Oh yes cuz gmail never had an outage or problems with hacked accounts etc.

actually gmail did have a small outage recently, it affect blackberries on BIS also. Any email can get hacked, that has nothing to do with BIS.
    01-17-11 05:45 AM
    There is a very simple answer to the OP's topic.

BB's don't have the power, because they don't NEED it. Getting a BB and complaining over the lack of power is like buying a business-grade laptop and complaining because it's horrible at gaming.

BB has a very trim OS, is very stable, does quick communication very well, and has AWESOME battery life. The people the BB is marketed for are looking for exactly that feature set.

The Android and iPhone clans want high-res screens, hd playback, power for gaming, and all the flashy content they can get. Well, there are sacrifices. The iPhone and Android are glitchy at times, suck battery like mad, and are pretty fragile devices all around.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for flashy. I use a Captivate for my personal line. I love the phone, and it's a **** of a lot of fun. However, for my business line, where I need reliable communications and a sturdy build, I have the BB.
    buwee, emscapt47, Wiz-Six and 1 others like this.
    01-17-11 06:08 AM
    Is it trolling to post something like that on a BB site?
    If yes, than I suppose I am, but I don't think it is.
    Technically if this was still a Blackberry site, No it wouldn't be trolling, it would be just spreading miss information

so you basically admit to starting a thread just to troll?
    It is only a Troll thread because there are a log of very very vocal Anti Blackberry, pro Android people who remain on this forum and post very frequently, a Post like this on Android Central, or TiPb would not be a trolling thread if putting down the other devices.

Actually the difference between Google and BIS, is google stores all my information, BIS does not, Google keeps my search history, google logs what emails I get to deliver me advertisements that they deem appropriate.

So, under your same "logic" once the new bbs come out with their new phones with 1gh processors, the bb os will suck?
    Well said, the thread isn't logical in the slightest.

Apart from me being here longer than you, look up my post history and you'll see I owned an 8320, 9000 and 9700. Too many times due to BIS outages all my BB was able to do was make phone calls, rendering it a dumb phone.

Hows that for research?

save your Rolls eyes. Google has rolling outages all the time for accounts, but because they only effect a small number of people at a time it doesn't get publicity, I had to move to a Paid for Google Apps account so my email had better uptime.

Also Since 2008 I believe there has been a total of 3 BIS outtages, none of which lasting more than a few hours, so one is hardly at the mercy,
    01-17-11 07:05 AM

Blackberries aren't totally dependent on RIM?

News to me... ...
    01-17-11 07:29 AM

Hows that for research?

Research based on one person's experiences and not taking into account external influences is pretty shoddy. That's not research at all, it's self reports of discontentment. I could self report that the iPhone 3GS was a POS simply because it didn't work for me without taking into account any quantifiable research or customer satisfaction surveys. Would that be accurate?

right back at cha....
    01-17-11 07:36 AM
284 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD