So who is going to blackberry world this year? I remember last year I was right near crackberry kevin and blaze waiting to enter the showcase Monday night.

If you are going, what are looking toward to the most?
    03-08-12 08:32 PM
    Totally not worth it.
    03-08-12 10:45 PM
    Totally not worth it.
    Not sure I follow? As a average consumer, probably not worth it. But as an IT Professional where you deal with blackberry technology every day? I believe it's worth it. Specially since the price dropped this year and then combine alumni and carrier discounts... it's a pretty sweet deal. The ability to social network with other professionals and see how their company is handling certain situations, attending sessions targeted at your interests. All around it's a great time and a good learning opportunity.
    03-09-12 08:04 AM
    Its what i asked the CB team for the BDay contest. I hope i get to go as it is held on my BDay as well. I may not be a "professional" but i am a HUGE BB fan and i am always wanting to learn more and i know BBWorld is the place to do that ...and i get to meet CBK!!
    03-09-12 09:15 AM
    Its what i asked the CB team for the BDay contest. I hope i get to go as it is held on my BDay as well. I may not be a "professional" but i am a HUGE BB fan and i am always wanting to learn more and i know BBWorld is the place to do that ...and i get to meet CBK!!
    dang, that's what I should have asked for too lol

I want to go but the prices - WOW
    03-09-12 12:36 PM
    Can be expensive if you are going as a member of the general public, but for companies to pay for their employees to go, it's cheap by comparison. Worth it any way you slice it. I can't go, because I already got permission to fly out two two conferences in Europe this year. Oh well, pick your battles...LoL
    manofice1 likes this.
    03-09-12 12:41 PM
    Can't make it. But looking forward to seeing Cascades SDK being finally released to developers. We have all seen the amazing teasers for the cascades framework, and it is torturing. Currently, i think that iOS apps are typically better designed than PlayBook apps, partly because of the SDK that Apple has provided the developers with. After Cascades SDK is released, I have faith that it will bring the quality of apps on the PlayBook/BB10 to a higher standard. The developer for Tapatalk posted in another thread that after Cascades is made available, there will be a Tapatalk app using the cascades framework. Honestly, i can't wait.

My new tagline for BlackBerry, "Patience is a virtue".
    03-09-12 09:48 PM
  8. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Can't make it. But looking forward to seeing Cascades SDK being finally released to developers. We have all seen the amazing teasers for the cascades framework, and it is torturing. Currently, i think that iOS apps are typically better designed than PlayBook apps, partly because of the SDK that Apple has provided the developers with. After Cascades SDK is released, I have faith that it will bring the quality of apps on the PlayBook/BB10 to a higher standard. The developer for Tapatalk posted in another thread that after Cascades is made available, there will be a Tapatalk app using the cascades framework. Honestly, i can't wait.

My new tagline for BlackBerry, "Patience is a virtue".
    +10000 Well said and I agree .. SHould be exciting times ahead!!! ....
    03-09-12 09:51 PM
    Unfortunately I can't make it, however I will be tuning in to CrackBerry for their coverage!
    03-09-12 10:04 PM
    i hope they showcase a BB10 phones . even its a dummy phones id be happy just so we can see what they physically look like , ie what models are they launching, they must of decided by now...oh and Theme builder for OS 7 would be nice
    03-10-12 09:25 AM
    i hope they showcase a BB10 phones . even its a dummy phones id be happy just so we can see what they physically look like , ie what models are they launching, they must of decided by now...oh and Theme builder for OS 7 would be nice
    I'm sure someone will have one on them . I hung out with a developer from Verizon last year and he had his Verizon 9930 with him, it was a demo unit from rimm and was the first 9900/9930 I've seen.
    03-10-12 09:45 AM
    I'm sure someone will have one on them . I hung out with a developer from Verizon last year and he had his Verizon 9930 with him, it was a demo unit from rimm and was the first 9900/9930 I've seen.
    sounds promising . my big thing is the new BB10 slider. i need that phone LOL
    03-10-12 02:19 PM
    I'd love to go, and also had picked it as my wish for the CrackBerry contest. Its too much for me to pay for, and my company won't pay for that. I'm an IT guy and the resident BB guru, but we only have a handful of BBs left (in not the phone guy). I did at least go to the Innovation Forum in Chicago (but I drove from Detroit area).
    03-10-12 03:01 PM
    For people going, here is the ATT party invite

https://www.signup4.net/Public/ap.aspx?EID=ATTB11E

ATT Party - Hardrock Cafe with Concert from PitBull!
    03-15-12 07:32 AM
    I just got approval and registered last week. It will be interesting to see what RIM shows off. Thanks for the link for the ATT party. Anything from other carriers?
    03-15-12 11:19 PM
    I just got approval and registered last week. It will be interesting to see what RIM shows off. Thanks for the link for the ATT party. Anything from other carriers?
    Other carrier parties i'm sure will be announced very soon
    03-16-12 10:13 AM
    Maybe we need a BBM group of all who are going?
    03-16-12 10:42 AM
    Yes I am going. Lets get a message board going with attendees.
    leob likes this.
    04-03-12 10:15 AM
    BlackBerry Party

Join us for the BlackBerry Party on Tuesday, May 1st. We’ll be at Universal Studios Florida for an evening of rides, movie sets, attractions and a wicked DJ line up throughout the night. Watch for more details to be posted on BlackBerry World 2012 this week!

Keynotes Announced

Attend the conference General Session to hear from Thorsten Heins, President and CEO of Research In Motion (RIM), and other RIM executives about their vision for the future of mobile and the Internet, get a glimpse into what’s possible with apps on the upcoming BlackBerry10 platform, and leave with an understanding of how the newest BlackBerry innovations for the enterprise are fitting together.

Featured Speaker, Spencer West

We’re excited to announce that Spencer West will be speaking at BlackBerry World! Don’t miss his inspirational talk on Wednesday, May 2 about finding opportunity in every challenge and redefining possible. Spencer was a part of the Go Global speaking tour for Free The Children
    04-05-12 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD