Hey all,

Just wondering how many of you guys have practically ditched their iPods in favor of the convenience for the BB media player.

After getting my 9700 and fiddling with the media player, I've grown to love it and the interface. It works perfect for me and the SQ is great, equal to or perhaps greater than my 5G Nano.
    06-17-10 03:04 PM
    I agree. I love my 9700 as a media player. It does everything I need it to, with a quick Play/Pause button for convenience.
    06-17-10 03:13 PM
    I love my S2 as a media player, got a ton of songs, plus with streaming apps and even as a movie player it, does a superb job. I gave (actually sold) my ipod touch.
    got a 8 gig ipod nano for xmas a while back.. loved it...! got my first black bb then ditched the ipod to my desk drawer, just collecting dust.. love my bb use it wayyyyy more than i ever did my ipod!! please.... same amount of memory in my phone! and i can do everything i could with the ipod except video out.. i miss that.. but who goes anywhere without their phone ? always have it with me. i use to have to try to remember to bring my ipod with me.. pandora rocks to and nobex!! anyone want to buy an 8 gig ipod nano ? lol
    To be honest I like the interface better than the Ipod Nano's, that's for sure. Plus the battery lasts longer, at least for me. I now have one more free pocket to stuff my crap in now.

Triple Win.
    06-17-10 03:16 PM
    I use mine as a music player.

The only thing I hate is when searching for a certain song and it brings up a bunch of songs BEFORE the actual letters you typed.
    06-17-10 03:21 PM
    I had an ipod before i had a BB. I dont want to sellt he ipod as it is a 32gb touch, but dont want it to not be used. So i use it because i own in, had i got the BB thing would be different.

I do have music on my BB for certain occasions, but the ipod is connected to my car stereo, so thats where it gets the most use
    06-17-10 03:30 PM
    Got a 16GB SD card.
    I believe therein lies the answer.
    06-17-10 03:32 PM
    I'd just as soon jump off a bridge than use my BlackBerry as a media player.

The sound quality is atrocious and the actual Media Player is the worst application
    on the device. My 32GB SansaView is superior to the BlackBerry in every measure.
    06-17-10 05:19 PM
    I'd just as soon jump off a bridge than use my BlackBerry as a media player.

The sound quality is atrocious and the actual Media Player is the worst application
    on the device. My 32GB SansaView is superior to the BlackBerry in every measure.
    Fair enough. To me, the SQ is on par with the iPod, which is what I'm used to when on the go, and I'm not exactly looking for godlike SQ when I'm outside.

I just listen to my HD650s when I'm at home if I want quality, but to each his own.
    06-17-10 05:34 PM
    I use my ipod when I'm in my car only because i can control it from the radio. So I just leave it in there. Any other time i just use pandora from my bb.
    06-17-10 05:47 PM
    I use my 9700 as my media player. I gave my ipod to my girlfriends oldest son. I like the media player a lot. But I'm not willing to do any bridge jumping for either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-10 05:51 PM
    I REFUSE to even purchase an ipod or any other mp3 player for that matter...I've had a mp3 player (sansa I believe) and I've used ipods before and non hold a candle to my 9700.....I love using my BB as a media player and the sound quality is grand, plus I don't want to carry more than I need to...I'm actually wanting to grab a 32GB micro sd card for BlackBerry
    06-17-10 06:11 PM
    I REFUSE to even purchase an ipod or any other mp3 player for that matter...I've had a mp3 player (sansa I believe) and I've used ipods before and non hold a candle to my 9700.
    One of three things is at work here:

1) You are delusional or
    2) You are the ultimate fanatic or
    3) You have the worst hearing EVER!
    06-17-10 06:29 PM
    I used to use my 8310 all the time for songs and films (16gb sd) but recently I was bought a 160gb iPod. That will take over now for long journeys since it preserve the BlackBerries battery life but I do find iTunes pointless and restrictive when I can just drag and drop files to and from the BB using any computer.

It's also very easy I find to navigate around the player and for the odd times I use it on speakerphone, it delivers more volume than my iPod Touch.

06-17-10 06:31 PM

1) You are delusional or
    Sounds like a counterpoint to you Amazingly Graceless.

06-17-10 06:32 PM
    Propa knows my sense of humor so I'm sure he gets it. You on the other hand...
    06-17-10 06:49 PM
    i have 500 songs on my Tour and use Slacker. BlackBerry is my only music player. i have nice headphones, a BT speaker and a cable to plug into my car. Sounds and works great!

06-17-10 07:00 PM
    Heck no. My battery barely lasts all day on my Tour as it is. I use an hour of Slacker and it drains about 20% an hour. Plus it's kinda bulky for if you run and need a mp3 player for that.
    06-17-10 07:12 PM
    I'll have to put that to the test AG... My brother and I are going to Michigan tomorrow and his (new) car has a built in AUX, and him and I also share a lot of the same music so I'm gonna be doing some comparisons with his ipod for sure.
    06-17-10 09:12 PM
    Use my S2 now and have used my previous Blackberries as my media players.

06-17-10 09:16 PM
    I still like my iPod to just play music.
    06-17-10 09:42 PM

1) You are delusional or
    Well actually its neither of the 3...I like the sound quality of my BB and I am in no way interested in a mp3 player...could it possibly be that you are "delusional" or possibly in need of some type of hearing aid? Lol...but all jokes aside I really do like what I hear and it works for me...enjoy your Sansa
    06-17-10 09:43 PM

Yea AG is cool...just different POVs lol
    06-17-10 09:53 PM
    My two iPods never leave home any more. The 9700 is great for portable entertainment. BB media player has has improved a lot. Syncing with iTunes is easy with BlackBerry Media Sync and Slacker Radio's stations can be cached to the micro sd card.

Don't feel bad for the iPods; they're still hard at work, hooked up to speakers in the living room and bathroom.
    06-17-10 10:55 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD