Yea AG is cool...just different POVs lol
    I figured you'd get it. End of the day it is just our opinions.
    06-17-10 11:16 PM
    My Zen Creative has generally been retired. Although, it did tend to play standard avi files which required less tweaking of video formats. It could also hooked up to a tv with its video out port.
    06-17-10 11:55 PM
    ive been using my phones as my media player for years - way back when I had the sony ericcson's.
    06-18-10 06:26 AM
    No more ipod for me. Storm2 does the job just fine.
    06-18-10 09:24 AM
    I'm amazed at the amount of 9700's being used as their media device. I use both 8830 and 8330 and a tiny 2 gig card in them. My 32gig Zune keeps my videos, songs and podcasts handy. And I'm not running the battery down on my phone playing various media. It really depends on each individual.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 10:36 AM
    I'm amazed at the amount of 9700's being used as their media device. I use both 8830 and 8330 and a tiny 2 gig card in them. My 32gig Zune keeps my videos, songs and podcasts handy. And I'm not running the battery down on my phone playing various media. It really depends on each individual.

Why does that amaze you?
    06-18-10 10:48 AM
    I have an 8 gb card in my phone which is used mainly for music and pictures but I do have a few videos on there. Anyway I don't have space issues with it. I have over 500 songs and lots of pictures but I still have over 3 gbs left. I've thought about getting a 16 gb card but I don't really seem to need it. I don't worry about battery life. It's never an issue for me with this phone.
    06-18-10 11:10 AM
    I've got a 16GB card with 710 songs currently (4.2GB, most at "extreme" quality VBR), a few videos (no full movies) and have 9.7GB free.

With a charging stand at home and the office, I'm not all that concerned with battery life.

I have a Motorola P790 portable charger with a mini-to-micro USB converter if I really use up the battery, but really, with a two hour commute (over an hour on a train, then walking or a bus to the office) I've never gotten much below 80%.

Besides, why would anyone want to commute with a bag full of devices, each one a "uni-tasker" of sorts???

PS - Pi Guy - how's it feel to rub these Canadians' noses in that Cup?
    Last edited by hytran; 06-18-10 at 11:25 AM.
    06-18-10 11:22 AM
    I have used plenty of iPods in the past but the newer Berry's just have better sound quality, for whatever reason. Seriously, give it a go, the audio quality of iPod's, even the iPod Touch, is lacking and very noticeable.

06-18-10 11:35 AM
    I use my Tour with a 8gb card for my player choice and have no problems with it. The sound quality is actually pretty good, and if you are working out while listening to music can you really tell the difference? Get a wireless set of headphones and you will be good to go.
    06-18-10 11:40 AM
    I use my Tour with a 8gb card for my player choice and have no problems with it. The sound quality is actually pretty good, and if you are working out while listening to music can you really tell the difference? Get a wireless set of headphones and you will be good to go.
    You mean you get a battery lasting all day? Whenever I use Slacker it seems like it drains it fast and using the mp3 player does sorta too.
    06-18-10 11:56 AM
    I was leary about using my bb as a media player, but then my wifes ipod was stolen so i gave her mine, and then was able to buy a larger memory card, i went with an 8gb, budget reasons. I am now just inlove with the amount of storage i have, sure beats my ipod nano. Not to mention the tour can now support up to a 32gb memory card, thats a lot of music videos and pictures. Im excited im actually on a mission to see if i can fill my sd card with music. Yes all 8gb's.
    06-18-10 12:10 PM
    I agree. I love my 9700 as a media player. It does everything I need it to, with a quick Play/Pause button for convenience.
    ditto... plus I Love how you can skip/go back a track then you hold down the volume keys for a second. make it alot easier to skip tacks when I have music streaming through bluetooth in the car while i'm driving
    06-18-10 01:08 PM
    Don't feel bad for the iPods; they're still hard at work, hooked up to speakers in the living room and bathroom.
    lol, I also like to listen to music when im taking a shower
    06-18-10 01:21 PM
    ditto... plus I Love how you can skip/go back a track then you hold down the volume keys for a second. make it alot easier to skip tacks when I have music streaming through bluetooth in the car while i'm driving
    Bad FMB. Bad!
    06-18-10 09:15 PM
    Bad FMB. Bad!
    what? lol whats so bad about listening to music while you drive??
    06-18-10 09:35 PM
    lol, I also like to listen to music when im taking a shower
    FMB, I saw your post earlier before it was um... cleaned up
    06-18-10 10:26 PM
    Why does that amaze you?
    Because I've tried using my Curve as my mp3 player and wasn't impressed. With the large amount of 9700's being used, it shows me just how much the BB has been improved over the last couple years. Not mention, with a 2 gig card, I would rather save room for pics, ringtones.and the occassional video clip I take of my 3 year old when he's doing something crazy.

06-18-10 10:37 PM
    Because I've tried using my Curve as my mp3 player and wasn't impressed. With the large amount of 9700's being used, it shows me just how much the BB has been improved over the last couple years.
    Trust me, as far as the Media Player goes, it is still the same piece of trash
    it has always been. It just got a face lift.
    06-18-10 10:51 PM
    Don't trust him...he is delusional.
    06-18-10 11:04 PM
    Don't use mine as a full time media player, but it definitely see service when I'm on the road. Hate carrying a bunch of devices with me. Since I'm a podcast junkie the fidelity isn't that big a consideration since all I'm listening to is spoken 90% of the time and the BB is fine for that. Majority of my music listening is done on my Zune at home.
    06-18-10 11:27 PM
    Don't trust him...he is delusional.
    The way I see it, it comes down to two choices:

Trust me, a totally objective user of multiple platforms or
    trust this closed minded fanboy who is content to feed off the
    RIM teat because, well, that's all fanboys know how to do.
    06-18-10 11:42 PM
    Huh, seems my last post has vanished. Strange, since all it said was 'i'd have got the joke if it was funny'

Anyway, typing this on the iPod Touch. Discovering that for me the media player is not very obvious, unlike the BB player.

Media ayers shouldn't require any learning since playing songs on casette, vynil and CD is obvious; just frying to find shuffle was hard enough and how the deck do you swith songs without going back into the music player?

The Classic blows it out of the water for ease of use. The BB is not a difficult player to figure out, a plus point in my opinion. Then I can dive back into the BB media player without shutting down whatever I was doing.

I'm already getting tired of poking glass.

06-18-10 11:50 PM
    The way I see it, it comes down to two choices:

Trust me, a totally objective user of multiple platforms or
    trust this closed minded fanboy who is content to feed off the
    RIM teat because, well, that's all fanboys know how to do.
    Oh AG, why do you get so bent out of shape on the slightest of things? As a moderator, I'm trying to follow your example of a paragon of virtue but I'm struggling with my faith.

That said, anyone carrying two devices about so they can listen to music not on their phone in an environment other than an armchair or quiet room with decent headphones would probably find their bb player quite sufficient.

06-18-10 11:58 PM
    I use my storm 2 as my music player in my car. No more cds for me. When syncing to itunes came in to play it was a wrap for my ipod classic.
    06-19-10 12:02 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD