View Poll Results: Would you like a dual SIM BlackBerry?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, dual SIMs is a real bonus.

16 69.57%
  • Nope, one is good enough for me.

7 30.43%
    Well, do you? I would LOVE one! Dual SIM phones are the best, personal and business phone all in one.
    05-21-09 04:17 PM
    I suppose a dual SIM phone would be ok, if it allowed you to switch on the fly, and not have to turn the phone off to make or answer calls on the other "line".

For me, it would only be handy, if both lines were active at the same time, nuch like having two land lines active at the same time and be able to answer them from the same phone. When cell phones can do that, then having a dual SIM phone will be practical for the avg user.
    05-21-09 06:18 PM
    From what I understand that is how it works on many phones from Asia. That is really what I am basing this poll on, I want one here so I can have a couploe of different SIMs for my personal and business stuff.
    05-21-09 09:09 PM
    While I really have no use for this, it would be a nice feature to have.
    05-21-09 09:22 PM
    it would be super slick...

people have brought this up many times in the past. I even at one time wanted this feature really bad..
    05-21-09 11:25 PM
    this feature is found on the clone phones... Cect p168 (Iphone clone) Redberry (Blackberry Clone)
    Etc
    05-21-09 11:48 PM
    I don't remember exactly who made it but at one point in time I had one of those Dual Sim adapters from eBay. Surprisingly it was of decent quality and worked with my 8120 and let me switch on the fly just fine. Both couldn't be active at the same time but it worked very well and could be set to switch on its own every 5 or 10 minutes and was completely customizable has to how long it was on each sim before switching. Worked very well.. If anyone is interested I can find the paperwork and figure out who made it. It was a import thing I do know that. It DID require cutting the sim card but TMO sims are dime a dozed in WM prepaid phones for cheaper than stores sell them should something go wrong. Directions for cutting the sim couldn't have been simpler or more straight forward though. Like I said, if anyone is interested pm or email me...

Blaine
    05-21-09 11:54 PM
    A dual or multi-SIM phone would be a major benefit to my business. We have a need for two or three separate business numbers. So my partner and I have to juggle 2-3 different cell phones when we travel.
    05-22-09 12:04 AM
    Sounds okay, but since I'm all ready in full control of my business and personal lines I can just forward them to my BB. Does that not serve the same purpose? If so, I'm set without this feature.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 12:47 AM
    If blackberry's don't come out with a dual sim card soon it will be a dealbreaker for me. I can't get buy without dual sim phone. Oops sry I don't use sim. Just always wanted to say it would be a dealbreaker. I'll quit wasting space and leave now

05-22-09 12:49 AM
    I voted no because I don't have any need for another SIM slot or phone number, but I would like to have it (assuming it doesn't take up too much space) just to say it's there and if ever the need be, it would be available.
    05-22-09 12:49 AM
    Just reminds me- long ago around 1996 or so, I had a computer built for me, a tower. For my motherboard, I asked for a dual processor version. The guy looked at me like I was nuts. I didn't get what I wanted but who's nuts now?

05-22-09 12:57 AM
    I would be great to have duel sim cards on one Blackberry, even better if you had the choice to have them both active at the same time or turn one off when not needed.

Regards

Chris

05-22-09 06:18 AM
    The way I see it, during business hours I have the business one active but it would still be nice if it ran out and gathered my email and SMS from the personal number from time to time.

I can easily be in touch with family if they need, and still handle all the business calls I need. Multiple phones annoy me, always juggling and the threat of forgetting one of them somewhere. Nice just to have one on me at all times.
    05-22-09 10:40 AM
    one sim is good enough for me...
    05-22-09 10:45 AM

fake storm 2 sim
    05-22-09 02:28 PM
    05-22-09 02:29 PM
    on engadget they had a fake bold with 2 sim slots too

lol
    05-22-09 02:30 PM
    05-22-09 02:31 PM
    They last about 3 monthes and break. i had the cect p168 and 1 other china phone i tried to put a different os but did not work. :-(
    05-22-09 02:33 PM
    who has 3 phone lines they need to have with them at all times?
    05-22-09 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD