Just kinda of curious of how many people use this little program in here.

If you do have it, what phone are you using it on?

Can you get it to work with Google map (on the phone)?

When asking question to them, how long does it take to get a response?
    07-02-08 05:23 AM
    No I do not use it. I prefer BB Maps. Sometimes google maps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-08 05:45 AM
    I have google maps working just fine on my 8310. Accurate to within 3 meters. Have only used it locally. I wish it had text to voice turn by turn directions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-08 06:22 AM
    Yea I'm a BB map fan myself for driving driveing directions
    .But this program is cool. It will tell you how far you walk for example.
    07-02-08 06:24 AM
    I used BB Maps until I realized I had free TeleNav with my Sprint data plan. GoogleMaps was always lagged on my phone for some reason. It finally connects to my GPS but I still prefer TeleNav - voice directions.

I've never heard of GPSed. Where do you get it?
    07-02-08 06:26 AM
    GPSed is a GPS tracker program. It gives speed, Distance, Tracking time, Latitude, Longitude, Altitude, Max Speed & Avg Speed. You can also map youre travel, take pictures, then put it on the map for all youre freinds to see youre trip. This also will give youre postion if give someone the link to view on the computer. This is the only GPS tracker programe i've found that works on my phone. I've tried Instampper and BlackBerry Tracker. See, GPSed will hock up to Google maps. But it seams kinda of flacky. Like i said before, BB maps is the one for me right now for traveling.
    07-02-08 06:37 AM
    I have used gpsed for a while now - it does a good job of mapping out your route and as you noted, showing a map of your distance and route. I have not used it to track or post in real time but after my bike/ski/hike is over, uploading the track.

They seem to be less responsive than they had been. The current version shows the wrong value for MILES on the first screen - showing KM value but labeling it as miles - this bug has been in there a while now. Also the other day I got repeated Uncaught Exceptions and posted about it and have seen no reply. But then again, maybe it is summer vacation and their support is vacationing???

I also can't figure out the screen showing the map/route/track. It appears you should be able to zoom it but????
    07-02-08 08:08 AM
    They seem to be less responsive than they had been. The current version shows the wrong value for MILES on the first screen - showing KM value but labeling it as miles - this bug has been in there a while now. Also the other day I got repeated Uncaught Exceptions and posted about it and have seen no reply.
    I've used GPSed a few times. It works well WHEN it works, for tracking. However, lately it has not been reliable. Lost all info on a couple important treks due to "uncaught exception" errors. So, I will wait for a new version before trying it again. There's also no excuse for the program still not showing the incorrect value for miles!

My favorite FREE navigation app with voice directions is Nav4All. VERY simple, no-frills, program. AND accurate. Some have had problems with it on other phones, but it works well with my Verizon 8830 and GPS puck.
    07-02-08 09:56 AM
    [QUOTE=F2;450471] But then again, maybe it is summer vacation and their support is vacationing???

I got response back from them today. Same day respons also.....
    07-02-08 11:46 AM
    I've used GPSed a few times. It works well WHEN it works, for tracking. However, lately it has not been reliable. Lost all info on a couple important treks due to "uncaught exception" errors. So, I will wait for a new version before trying it again. There's also no excuse for the program still not showing the incorrect value for miles!
    I had the "Uncaught exception" also but found that the files were still "alive" but only the next day while doing something else. So your files might be in internal memory. Use Media Player's Explorer function to search around. I was able to move it to my SD card and them to my computer and was able to upload it.

It happened twice in a row the other day. And then anytime I rolled the trackball to see the additional screens.
    07-02-08 01:08 PM
    I had the "Uncaught exception" also but found that the files were still "alive" but only the next day while doing something else. So your files might be in internal memory. Use Media Player's Explorer function to search around. I was able to move it to my SD card and them to my computer and was able to upload it.

It happened twice in a row the other day. And then anytime I rolled the trackball to see the additional screens.
    Thanks! Rolling the trackball to view other screens on that program is when I got those errors too! Very frustrating to deal with.
    07-02-08 06:13 PM
    You know it could be the phones you 2 have. I noticed you both have 8830 models. I haven't ran in to this problem as of yet. Have you tried to remove the program, hard boot, the put it back on???
    07-02-08 07:03 PM
    You know it could be the phones you 2 have. I noticed you both have 8830 models. I haven't ran in to this problem as of yet. Have you tried to remove the program, hard boot, the put it back on???
    Yes, I tried that. I do believe some of these problems are phone model specific, in that each different type phone has a slightly different operating system software?? And that would mean that the software provider would have to provide slightly different versions customized to the different phones? And some of those versions may not be "tweaked" quite right yet?

Just a thought - I'm certainly not a software designer!
    07-02-08 10:38 PM
    Yes I use it and particularly for mapping tracks and sending messages at points on track to others who require information.e.g. where a bushwalk starts. I also use Google Maps to travel the world on screen and plan vacations, view terrain in satellite image and features etc. I also use Nav4All for car navigation as backup to my car system. Dont use blackberry maps as maps are not available for Australia yet. Also plan on using Trekbuddy so I dont require data connections in remote locations or OS where data connection would be expensive.
    07-03-08 05:48 AM
    HI there
    I found this tiny program two days ago and thought: Heck, my BB is new, gotta play around with it a bit (using a Pearl 8110). Went geocaching with my brother and it led us right to the spot. Okay, I wish I could enter my destination coordinates so it would point to where I should go...but we could handle it.

No errors so far.
    Since I have no dataplan (I have to pay 0,19�/10kb ) I'm very happy about this prog.

Greetings,
    Wolfwent
    07-06-08 09:39 AM
    Well I'm doing a test of it this weekend up here at makinaw bridge. So far that the miles you travel is wrong, shows more miles traveled then you actualLy have.
    07-06-08 11:01 AM
    I have it, but don't actively use it. it definitely needs some work. Who in the modern age of today still uses Deg Min Sec format for lat/long coordinates? That would be NOBODY! They need to switch it over to Decimal format. Also, work on the accuracy of the program as well. The part that is truly nice is the compass, since none of the maps yet have thought of putting this in their program, nor the lat/long option. If google or anybody else would add these items to their maps as options, or separate screens I could dump gpsed.
    07-06-08 11:31 AM
    Well I'm doing a test of it this weekend up here at makinaw bridge. So far that the miles you travel is wrong, shows more miles traveled then you actualLy have.
    Yes - a bug for a while now - what it appears to be showing the the distance in KM units instead of MILES. So the values are too large. You can either convert them mentally or wait till they fix this bug.
    07-06-08 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD