08-04-16 09:53 AM
83 ... 234
tools
    There's some question as to whether the Note series will skip the 6 moniker and go to 7 just to get the naming convention in line with the rest of the Galaxy lineup. And recently it was announced that the production run of the Note 7 will begin in August, which is conducive to the rumor.

As for the Note 5 being atrocious, you might have it confused with the Note 4. The Note 5 is widely accepted with rave reviews, but the Note 4 was questionable.
    IMO both were terrible but to each their own. I love the design of the Note 5, but the performance and battery life left a lot to be desired. After rooting and some serious tweaking it was much better.
    06-19-16 12:57 AM
    Get what you want and what works for you. LOL
    06-19-16 04:11 AM
    Well they are different devices to begin with, and the Note 7 will be a newer phone. The Note series is exceptional, there's no arguing that. I have used the 4 and I liked the steel frame and the 2K screen quite a bit.

Other than that, it all comes back to Android versus BBOS. Some tasks are a little slower on the Passport without the applications but I am not usually in a hurry and can achieve everything I want eventually. Six inches would be too tall for me anyway so I don't think I would buy it. Five is the limit here. I've got all my music on the internal storage and the player works well.

I am currently using two devices but I want my Passport to become the main one. When I hold my Samsung now it feels like a toy, while Mr. Passport gives an incredible feeling.

It's an evaluation that is up to you in the end. Having to be cynical BBOS is a bit of a downgrade compared to Android but this doesn't mean it sucks, it's still very good. It keeps getting addicting for me and I doubt I will give up to this keyboard and shape.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-16 05:07 AM
    Just to be clear and sum all of this up for ya'll, BlackBerry builds the best and OP should just stick with the best. BlackBerry has always been the best and even legacy BlackBerry devices are still better than the note whatever. LMAO, just jokes, trying to be funny
    Thanks for lightening the mood. People take this stuff waaayyyy to seriously sometimes.
    06-19-16 05:07 AM
    I am seriously looking at the Note 7. Will be leaving blackberry. I am finding more and more I am out of the loop with the popular apps being used by people. If I do not like the 7. I will just get an iphone and say F it all.
    Make sure you grab the right storage iOption right from the iStart... :-)

  There's a Crack in the Berry right now...  
    06-19-16 04:16 PM
    @OP

Go for it. Should try the new note7 otherwise you would never satisfy your curiosity.

I did with the previous note. I admired sammy's package solution and specs but during actual usage, especially typing, I ended up wanting and become frustrated with vkb. VKB slowed me down and it could not replace PKB fastness and efficiency. So I ended up to weight whats more important for me

For pkb device Passport is still best. Uniquely PP. Like you, it is still my choice driver till today, and Priv as spare. Priv pkb is not as good as Passport but it is still better than vkb.
    06-20-16 02:54 AM
    I am with ya OP. My choice of smartphones have exclusively been BlackBerry, but for my next one my options are wide open.

My top five things to look for are performance, screen, build, camera, price. BlackBerry is unlikely to win my next purchase.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    06-20-16 09:08 AM
    I would totally buy The Note 7. I like my Classic but the lack of apps is disappointing. Plus, I'm interested more and more in a larger screen as I read a lot on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-16 09:53 AM
83 ... 234