Personally i Think BlackBerry Should Launch a new Z30 and no more BB10 Devices, "For the People Who Love BB10". A Special limited 1 Million Edition.

With Quad Core, 3 GB RAM and 32 GB internal, a 12 MP rear and 5 MP front camera and 10.3.4 OS, Android runtime for lolipop.

I'm pretty sure that could sold that 1 millions devices in one year. If goes well could make more.

I Know a lot of people that hold Z10,Q10 and Q5 waiting a new BB10 Device, people Who dont like Android or IOS, But two years with the same phone is a lot of time for most of the People.

No more BB10 Devices is equal to people moving to android (No PRIV) or IOS.

Posted via CB10
    kbrant64 and brian4591 like this.
    03-24-16 07:19 PM
    I for one would buy one depending on the price of the device. I would update the memory to 64 gig and have a octa core processor.

There are plenty on device manufacturers in China they could contract making the device to so they could keep the cost down where it would be attractive to buy.
    03-24-16 07:24 PM
    Running Android with a slide out keyboard!! Oh wait...
    03-24-16 08:57 PM
    Running Android with a slide out keyboard!! Oh wait...
    Not Android, A New BB10, but just one.

For me the Best option should be a powerfull Z30, 5" Screen is the Best Size.

Posted via CB10
    kbrant64 likes this.
    03-24-16 09:51 PM
    Personally i Think BlackBerry Should Launch a new Z30 and no more BB10 Devices, "For the People Who Love BB10". A Special limited 1 Million Edition.

With Quad Core, 3 GB RAM and 32 GB internal, a 12 MP rear and 5 MP front camera and 10.3.4 OS, Android runtime for lolipop.

I'm pretty sure that could sold that 1 millions devices in one year. If goes well could make more.

I Know a lot of people that hold Z10,Q10 and Q5 waiting a new BB10 Device, people Who dont like Android or IOS, But two years with the same phone is a lot of time for most of the People.

No more BB10 Devices is equal to people moving to android (No PRIV) or IOS.

Posted via CB10
    +1 but I prefer with z10 form factor

Posted Via Q10 10.3.2.2836
    tjseaman likes this.
    03-24-16 10:33 PM
    Even if it was possible (it isn't), it wouldn't have an Android runtime and it would have to cost $2000+. But the truth is that almost all of the BB10 devs were let go or reassigned. The hardware designers were also laid off. There simply isn't anyone left to do this, and Chen damn sure isn't going to approve anymore BB10 devices.
    JeepBB, 1Criz and Witmen like this.
    03-24-16 10:40 PM
    Even if it was possible (it isn't), it wouldn't have an Android runtime and it would have to cost $2000+. But the truth is that almost all of the BB10 devs were let go or reassigned. The hardware designers were also laid off. There simply isn't anyone left to do this, and Chen damn sure isn't going to approve anymore BB10 devices.
    Were all the hardware designers let go or just BB10 hardware designers?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 10:46 PM
    Not Android, A New BB10, but just one.

For me the Best option should be a powerfull Z30, 5" Screen is the Best Size.

Posted via CB10
    What about the people who NEED a PKB? How about a slider with BB10?
    03-24-16 10:52 PM
    I would love to see any new BlackBerry 10 phone, let alone a BlackBerry Z30 replacement.

Having said that, the current BlackBerry 10 phones still work beautifully, so I can see myself using BlackBerry 10 for quite a while too.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 10:52 PM
    An all touch phone is exactly what BlackBerry needs. Physical keyboards are considered "old school" and a "gimmick" these days.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 11:20 PM
    I spent a couple hours on my Z30 last night and liked it so much I almost wanted to switch back from my Passport SE. I'd buy an updated Z30 on launch day even if it was the same in every way except updating to the same Snapdragon 801 as the Passport and 32GB internal storage/3GB Ram.
    03-24-16 11:56 PM
    Only if it has Android. Loved BB10 but the marriage is over.

Posted via CB10
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    03-25-16 01:31 AM
    1 million phones eh? With the specs you're talking about, the hardware costs will be probably $400 per unit or more. BlackBerry will have to pay upfront for the entire lot because nobody else is going to want to eat those costs when it doesn't sell.

Okay now BlackBerry has to pay for drivers for the hardware components. That's why it was cheaper to put android on the Priv, mind you- android drivers exist for everything. BB10 drivers only exist for the hardware that's out there right now.

Then let's get into packaging. Distribution. Marketing (since everyone believes that's the only reason BB10 failed). Shipping, because no carrier is going to put another BB10 phone in its stores.

Oh and BlackBerry will have to hire a new BB10 team to support a new phone. With new hardware comes the expectation of new software. Customers aren't going to want to hear that the phone probably won't be updated again after 2016.

By the time you add it all up, those 1 million phones will cost well over 1 billion dollars. So BlackBerry of course would want to sell it for a profit, wouldn't it? Unless you think it actually enjoyed ASP's under $300? So now you have a phone that will cost upwards of $1200.

You think 1 million people will pay $1200 for a phone that can't run Netflix straight out of the box? Has no facebook integration? Oh that's right, apps aren't important! So, the prospective buyer will ask, just exactly WHAT AM I PAYING $1200 for?

Well, dream on. But this is the side the "Z50 will save BlackBerry " dreamers can't see. This is the business and accounting side, not the rainbows and unicorns side.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    03-25-16 05:54 AM
    I was being generous and estimated $1200. You may well be closer to the truth.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    03-25-16 05:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    We really don't know...

But it was indicated when they announced their partnerships we the other two builders, that they would take over the design work

Plus they really haven't released anything that probably was not in development before Chen came along. Maybe the Classic...
    03-25-16 06:19 AM
    Would love to see it but it won't sell enough units to make it profitable so it won't happen sadly.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    03-25-16 06:37 AM
    Why should they? It's not as if the first one was lighting up the sales charts.
    03-25-16 06:42 AM
    Just for record, I would buy it in a heartbeat even if it's 1.200 �... and I can also live without crapdroid apps and the ART but BlackBerry have to reconquer facebook and whatsapp to make those app native.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 07:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hardware designers do not design software: b10 or android.
    The original statement from Troy doesn't make sense unless Chen killed all hardware, whether it runs bb10 or android.
    03-25-16 07:34 AM
    personally i have them all from bold to z10 -q10-z30-classic and now the priv.......honestly the priv is just okay, bb10 is far better than my iPhone and this android. with that said the classic is a hard phone to let go of. i keep switching my sim card from priv to classic. but i have to say its even harder to let go of my z30. it has everything on it and the form factor, design and the way it feels and operates in the hands is awesome. i don't understand (i know why now) why you build a flagship worthy device, put it on a pedestal for 8 short months and then take it down and act is though it never existed. the classic is a classic for sure and its blackberry all the why but my z30 with black screen background, fast running and the call quality and sound system rocks.......with that said i would buy one no ? asked.
    i occasionally get the larger sim card and run on my z30 and when folks who care about their devices and see what i have they always ask me what is that, can i see it? i tell them all about the z30 and as they hold it in their hands and turn it on and run around it they to fall for the z30, they then ask me if i want to sell it!!!!!!!!
    bring it on blackberry, i want one. it takes blackberry addicts to inform people that blackberry still make the best handset. if i worked at my carrier (at&t) i would only sell blackberry. i would get the blackberry rep to set up an awesome blackberry showcase and i know i could sell them. blackberry and mainly the carriers need to get them into the hands of others. 'long live blackberry'
    kbrant64 and jhanks64 like this.
    03-25-16 07:34 AM
    They could re-purpose passport internals and do phablet - no drivers required.

But this is moot. As Troy said, there is no-one left. With the terrible Priv sales, the hardware is finished.

Chen could do things to help turnover there. Could re-engineer Bold 9900 and one of the smaller models to fit 49/79 price points, slap browser upgrade on top of the 7.1 and go after dumphone market - carriers will love him for that.
    Could put passport internals and best of the line photo chip in classic. (do you know that almost all P'9983 were sold off after price went down to 1000?)
    Could "consumerize" secusmart in the Porsche Design line of devices, so anyone having Porsche Design BlackBerry could call and message any other user with government grade security.

But he didn't. Because his telco experience is best summed by "it's running Google" quote.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 08:31 AM
    Not happening

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 08:38 AM
    We will find out on April 1st if there will be any more phones in the future. If there is a phone, it's probably going to run android.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 08:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    What the heck is a BB10 hardware designer? I'll tell you what it is, it's another fresh load of hot anti BlackBerry BS.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kputock; 03-25-16 at 04:40 PM.
    03-25-16 09:04 AM
  25. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    While we are at it... updated bb9900? ..... exact same form with updated specs?....

From my awesome passport

Posted via CB10
    Uzi and AllanQuatermain like this.
    03-25-16 09:22 AM
73 123