I don't get it. Why would anyone pay $21 for a movie (new releases) that can only be played on their own BB10 phones.
    I can buy the same movie in bluray for $22 that has better quality (video and sound), more features (chapter/time jump, commentaries, slow motion, etc) and more content. For another $3 more (depending on movie) you can get the digital download copy as well..
    I get the whole convenient thing for bringing the movie with you on your mobile device. But the reality is, how many movie can you store on your SD card. And it takes at least 30 min to download each movie on to the SD card. You can connect your phone with HDMI to watch on your TV but how convenient is that if you need to pause, stop, skip forward or skip back when you are sitting on the couch.

Maybe I'm wrong and people do buy it at full price. I hope others can share their thoughts.

Oh BTW, I felt cheated that I can't play the $0.99 movies I bought recently on my Playbook.
    12-10-13 04:22 PM
    Yea I don't much get it either. I bought Monsters University for 99c and played it on my girlfriends TV through HDMI. It was nice and all but there really is no point if it was $21. Mind you I found many movies are cheaper to rent on BlackBerry World than on iTunes but the price is the same to buy. It might make more sense to rent, but I don't see a really good reason for it either unless it's a lot cheaper.
    12-10-13 04:27 PM
    I buy them at full price. Usually because they come out in BBW sometimes before Blu-ray.

Quality is fine for my purposes. I guess I am just too lazy to leave the house.

Also, BBW at the moment is usually still cheaper than blu-ray on release day by a couple bucks. Usually release day the blu ray is $24-$30 here, so $20 is a bargain.

Also I don't know if it's still the case, but I used to be able to back up my movies onto my computer and then just move them back onto my device when wanted. Worked for the PlayBook, haven't tried it with the Z10 yet.

Posted via CB10
    XDrew42 likes this.
    12-10-13 04:28 PM
    No one buying movies at $22 is in their right mind....lol

However, convenience has its price and I could care less how much something costs if I can get it sans hassle. I can pause, stop, can roll it forward and backward from my couch because I bought a 12 ft hdmi cable and it runs along the wall and up the side of the couch.

That's convenient. And yes it cost me a pretty penny.....
    Aside from that. Netflix is golden on 10.2.1.1055. That is truly the only tv I watch. Refuse to pay for cable because......you pay and still have freakin commercials....lol not my style.

Cheers.
    Last edited by XDrew42; 12-10-13 at 04:47 PM.
    12-10-13 04:30 PM
    People who travel often. Hotel hopping, essentially always on the move. It's a benefit to them, many hotels these days have flat screen HDTV's in the room. Keep your HDMI cord handy and you don't have to pay for hotel movies and such. Storage both physical and cloud based is very easy to come by these days, possibilities are endless. Do you know if you BUYa movie if you're only bound to view it on your device? I can completely understand not being able too if you rent it. And with the recent bridge update, they fixed access to your BB files from the Playbook, so wouldn't you be able to view the movie "Bought or Rented" on your playbook. Just my thoughts as to how it should work. I can't say because I've never rented or bought a movie from BB World.
    bluetroll likes this.
    12-10-13 04:35 PM
    These hotel hoppers don't have laptops?

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 06:02 PM
    No one buying movies at $22 is in their right mind....lol

However, convenience has its price and I could care less how much something costs if I can get it sans hassle. I can pause, stop, can roll it forward and backward from my couch because I bought a 12 ft hdmi cable and it runs along the wall and up the side of the couch.

That's convenient. And yes it cost me a pretty penny.....
    Aside from that. Netflix is golden on 10.2.1.1055. That is truly the only tv I watch. Refuse to pay for cable because......you pay and still have freakin commercials....lol not my style.

Cheers.
    For pause stop, get a bluetooth mouse and you can be up to 5 meters distant to your phone.

I don't know if I would buy a movie, maybe rent it, but not available for my country yet.
    12-10-13 06:09 PM
    My experience with playing movies from my BlackBerry Z10 has been spectacular to say the least.

My phone seems to output all movies in 3D! I connect my phone to my 3D TV via HDMI and it tells me "3D Signal Detected". So far, The Wolverine, EPIC, and Wreck It Ralph have all outputted 3D signals. I would have never known that the movies I had were in 3D format unless I connected my phone to my TV. There is absolutely no indication that the movies themselves are in 3D.

Using the Crackle app, I streamed Resident Evil: Damnation and it was in 3D as well! I am pretty sure that Crackle does not output 3D which leads me to believe that my phone automatically converts the signal. The 3D effects are very good so I am not complaining.

Can someone tell me if they are experiencing the same?

Posted from my BlackBerry Z10
    12-10-13 06:42 PM
    I can see paying $20 if it offer the same features as a bluray.
    Or the ability to stream the movie instead of downloading.
    12-10-13 08:14 PM
    My experience with playing movies from my BlackBerry Z10 has been spectacular to say the least.

My phone seems to output all movies in 3D! I connect my phone to my 3D TV via HDMI and it tells me "3D Signal Detected". So far, The Wolverine, EPIC, and Wreck It Ralph have all outputted 3D signals. I would have never known that the movies I had were in 3D format unless I connected my phone to my TV. There is absolutely no indication that the movies themselves are in 3D.

Using the Crackle app, I streamed Resident Evil: Damnation and it was in 3D as well! I am pretty sure that Crackle does not output 3D which leads me to believe that my phone automatically converts the signal. The 3D effects are very good so I am not complaining.

Can someone tell me if they are experiencing the same?

You've caught my interest now. Lol. I haven't bought any movies. But I do have Crackle and a 3DTV as well. Gonna test this after the game. Which 3DTV do you have btw? I have the 55" LG 3D.

Posted via my sexay Z30 using the latest updated CB10 without auto scrolling issues!!!!!
    12-10-13 08:17 PM
    These hotel hoppers don't have laptops?

Posted via CB10
    Lol, they probably do, but it'll be hooked up accessing email or VPN tunnels. Work laptops aren't typically open to be used like a personal device. Just like work Blackberry's are locked down by BES.

Posted via my sexay Z30 using the latest updated CB10 without auto scrolling issues!!!!!
    12-10-13 08:19 PM
    You've caught my interest now. Lol. I haven't bought any movies. But I do have Crackle and a 3DTV as well. Gonna test this after the game. Which 3DTV do you have btw? I have the 55" LG 3D.

Please test it and tell me what happens. I have the newest Panasonic 65" ST60. Due to the amount of 3D movies I've watched, it's time to replace the batteries in my 3D glasses. They are the flat cell type so it's going to be expensive :-(

12-11-13 06:24 PM
    Please test it and tell me what happens. I have the newest Panasonic 65" ST60. Due to the amount of 3D movies I've watched, it's time to replace the batteries in my 3D glasses. They are the flat cell type so it's going to be expensive :-(

I think that'll be our difference, my TV is passive 3D yours is active 3D. Also I'm not sure about yours but can you switch the 3D on and off? Either way I'll take a look and let ya know.

Update: So I just checked and my TV did not auto sense a 3D signal. As I stated before I just think that'll be the difference in our TV's. I can switch absolutely anything to 3D. I looked in the settings on my Z30 and it is at the max resolution for HDMI out. I honestly don't know what the difference could be.

Last edited by Thachoc1; 12-11-13 at 08:21 PM.
    12-11-13 07:28 PM
    I would buy a movie on anything for full price if I liked it enough. I don't see how the devices I play them on should play a major role. If I really needed it on somewhere else I would buy a version that can be played on that devices. I'm saying we just have to be a little more flexible in the way we approach these decisions...

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 01:56 AM