There are certain lines of rhetoric that set my teeth on edge.

Tools not toys, "I'm more productive", sheeple...I'm sorry, I'll make sure I contact IT and tell them that the last three years since we switched from BB to Android/iOS work issued devices have been a figment of our imaginations as far as productiveness goes. Clearly we've all imagined it.

I swear, sometimes I think people type "I'm more productive" in an effort to convince themselves they are some better class of person. I'm sorry, they are cell phones. It's not a family member.

I actually read a post the other day where someone said they had their Passport which was "the love of their life" and their wife used something else. Yes, they called a cell phone the love of their life and put down their wife for using another brand of phone. I was actually so disgusted I had to logout for a few hours.

It's ridiculous.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    You have to admit it's entertaining though!

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 03:12 PM
    I don't think it's to big of a deal. My kids laugh because I can't send emoji but I swap between my classic, red Z10 and Note 4.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 03:17 PM

Tools not toys, "I'm more productive", sheeple...I'm sorry, I'll make sure I contact IT and tell them that the last three years since we switched from BB to Android/iOS work issued devices have been a figment of our imaginations as far as productiveness goes. Clearly we've all imagined it.

I swear, sometimes I think people type "I'm more productive" in an effort to convince themselves they are some better class of person. I'm sorry, they are cell phones. It's not a family member.

I actually read a post the other day where someone said they had their Passport which was "the love of their life" and their wife used something else. Yes, they called a cell phone the love of their life and put down their wife for using another brand of phone. I was actually so disgusted I had to logout for a few hours.

It's ridiculous.

"Who still owns a BlackBerry?"-internet-people.jpg

Posted via my awesome Classic
    reeneebob likes this.
    07-11-15 03:18 PM
    So basically what you're trying to say is that every thread on here has to be a "Please Feel Sorry for Me, I'm a BlackBerry User " or "My Self Esteem is Low, Let's Bash the Infinitly More Productive iPhone Users" thread ?

I am embarrassed to carry my Q10, switching over to the Six Plus for the week.
    Thank you.

I read that quoted post and thought "wow, the tone of that reiterated what I said beautifully"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-11-15 04:22 PM
    Most annoying for me, too when I post Instagram screen shot images. People say the same. Pisses me off! It's not like I'm forcing them to buy or use a BlackBerry. My flipping money paid for this!!!

Sorry, I lost it for a second there. I got all blood shot eyes and everything. Rage!!!!
    07-11-15 04:36 PM
    I'm surprised that when you showed them the Passport they said Yuck, they are obviously stupid or biased.
    07-11-15 05:12 PM
    why does everyone think BlackBerrys are so bad?
    Because they're .... ooops, no sorry.
    Let me rephrase : because WE're different.
    It's 2015 and people hate difference ... back pre 1960's ...

Ironic enough; those whose mantra once was "think different" are now - say, a little - monomaniacs.
    07-11-15 05:29 PM
    I had a curve as my first blackberry also and it would give me trouble from time to time. I then left and got the iphone 4s and it was great until I went back to blackberry when they announced they BB10 was coming out. I told me friends after that excellent superbowl commercial, I'm going back to blackberry when the Z-10 comes out and I did. I have never looked back after that I've had a Z-10, Q-10 and just got the classic and I love it.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 05:49 PM
    I love my BB Passport, who cares what people are saying, yes its true that most people think Blackberry is dead and that they don't make phones anymore. Its true that BB is becoming a software company and that they are out of the consumer market. I work in the telecom industry, owned a variety of phones of the time, but I see my Passport as a Ferrari of phones. You don't need to own 40 or 50% of the market to be good at what you do and make money. Proof Apple owns almost 50% of the market yet their icrap is not such a great phone... far from it, especially security wise. If you compare to to automotive industry, Ferrari own under 0.1% of the market and yet nobody is saying they going out of business or that their dead. Actually they are a very profitable company. So yes you can have a good product, make money, be profitable and own only 1% of the market shares. I'm proud to be the owner of a Ferrari of phones and its good to be different. Not just another sheep that simply follows trends without doing any real research. Anyway that's is my opinion on the subject.
    The Z30 is at least a Mercedes :-)

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>
    07-11-15 05:55 PM
    I've had just about every BlackBerry going, except the Q10. Currently swapping between Z10 and Z30. I had a brief affair with iPhone. The only thing I liked was the duplication of the photos between the phone and iPad for work. But I couldn't stand the poor battery life. Blend helps the photo issue on the iPad.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 05:55 PM
    I will and shall always own a BlackBerry. I forgive them coz they don't know what they are talking about. Get well soon!!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport [ 10.3.2.2339]
    07-11-15 06:11 PM
    I think it's silly to be either proud or ashamed of a phone. I use and have used a BB for years because I like them. Period. None of my friends do and I respect them for their decision as they do mine.

My prayer in life is to have nothing else to think about then somebody else's comment about my choice in phones.
    07-11-15 06:12 PM
    Does it really matter what others think of your choice of phone? I'll never understand why anyone would care what others think of their choice. I know that I could not care less what anyone thinks of my choice. Nor do I care what phone anyone else uses. My question is why the theme, or subject is repeated over and over and over on Crackberry.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    07-11-15 06:32 PM
    So basically what you're trying to say is that every thread on here has to be a "Please Feel Sorry for Me, I'm a BlackBerry User " or "My Self Esteem is Low, Let's Bash the Infinitly More Productive iPhone Users" thread ?

I am embarrassed to carry my Q10, switching over to the Six Plus for the week.
    Didn't say that at all Mr. Willie. But thanks for misquouting me.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 06:36 PM
    Play the Obama card errtime!

If they don't know that, then why are they in murrica?

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 06:37 PM
    Lol, when I get asked " what? They're still in business? " I say yeah, and they released about 7 ish phones in a couple years too, .. I'm proud to fly my Blackberry 10 banner proud on facebook.

Posted via CB10
    ProjectBrett likes this.
    07-11-15 07:16 PM
    i just got the Passport... cant wait to turn some heads with that
    07-11-15 07:35 PM
    snapchat works fine on latest 10.3.2, I believe... so your argument is like invalid.
    Uh, so if I find one other app I am okay? Bad way to argue.

Also, I don't have the latest 10.3.2, but I am on Verizon official along with all the other users on official oses.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 08:37 PM
    I just look at them and tell them I do. Then I usually say the phone was a gift from my Mom just before she died. They stop bothering you then I tell you.
    07-11-15 11:46 PM
    They know nothing.

Let's just keep rocking our BlackBerrys, with pride in the knowledge of what we can do with it, and securely too.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 12:04 AM
    I had a curve as my first blackberry also and it would give me trouble from time to time. I then left and got the iphone 4s and it was great until I went back to blackberry when they announced they BB10 was coming out. I told me friends after that excellent superbowl commercial, I'm going back to blackberry when the Z-10 comes out and I did. I have never looked back after that I've had a Z-10, Q-10 and just got the classic and I love it.

Posted via CB10
    You may be the first person who thought that Super Bowl commercial was good. Lol

extisis and Blacklatino like this.
    07-12-15 12:39 AM
    Well, I'm still happy using my small Q10. There were days I was using some huge phones and when I got my Q10 outside of the case (An OtterBox Defender btw), I just came with a "F$*& it, I can't leave you, my tiny beast".

Even if they got Venice out (I would probably buy it... not because of the Android rumour, but because it has a physical keyboard), I would feel shame of leaving my Q10.

I just get "bullied" because I use Linux on my PC, so I don't really care for people calling me "old guy" because of having a BlackBerry. It just works for me...
    07-12-15 12:40 AM
    Nobody has time to think about anybody choices of phones. Needless to say there are still more than millions of blackberry users. Also I am shocked people talk about your choice of phone on facebook. This looks quite absurd IMO. Nobody has made such remark for me!!!
    This thread should be closed and is just repeating one after another. Some guys projecting themselves as crusaders of BlackBerry!!!! BBRY doesn't need Sympathy!!!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport [ 10.3.2.2339]
    07-12-15 12:56 AM
    That's four.
    Most people don't use Windows Phone either, so the two market leaders are iPhone and Android.

I was sorta joking about only two reasons.
    07-12-15 03:33 AM

Apparently you haven't seen what people with iPhones go through trying to attach files to emails and getting picture onto their computer, as in emailing them to themselves and such. Nor have you seen Android users complain about the variety of issues different phones have.

Not saying BB10 is perfect, but for generic business functions, it's pretty efficent.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    07-12-15 03:37 AM
192 ... 34567 ...