How? It has a whole lot of an ecosystem it connects to. I suppose you can't customize it as much as Android, but the same can be said for BlackBerry and Windows Phone.

Which are?

How does it have less apps than BlackBerry 10? I suppose if you talk native + Android and factor in the Amazon Store + Snap you could make a claim. But native apps? No way.

(I say this as someone with a Z10 and a Classic, and an iPhone, who's owned an Android tablet and who's SO has a Windows Phone)
    Apparently you haven't seen what people with iPhones go through trying to attach files to emails and getting picture onto their computer, as in emailing them to themselves and such. How about not letting you sync your music with more than one computer and all of the other limited things such as having to use iTunes to load video files on and convert them. How about limited memory and having to buy a new phone for more capacity? Need I really go on? You can spend many weeks reading all of the complaints from iOS users.

Have you seen Android users complain about the variety of issues different phones have. Just today I listened to complaints from a Samsung S4 user about all kinds of glitches, especially typing. Couple of weeks ago another Samsung user asked me why his phone won't connect to the cellular network when he walks out of a metal building (after installing an update, now he has to turn his phone off and back on to get it to work).

Windows Phones has less apps because BB10 has about 75% of the Android marketplace available. Plus it's too simplistic in many ways.

I own many BlackBerry phones, Playbooks, Samsung Tablet, two Samsung Galaxys and have helped people with many iPhones and iPads and a few Windows phones. I am not expert on iOS and Windows Phone, but am familiar with them somewhat. I've spent many wasted hours trying to find solutions to vexing problems on iOS because of the design limitations.

Nobody claims BB10 is perfect, just better in some ways and we think that people are clueless when they ask us why we use BlackBerry. I know they are frequently clueless in real life because it's my job to help them sometimes.

This thread wasn't about all this stuff, thats why I tried to keep it pithy when I stated my "two reasons", but since you ask...
    07-12-15 03:52 AM
    A nice Alltel lady talked me into a beautiful white BB pearl after my flip phone died nearly a hundred years ago. She says you deserve a real phone, showed me all these cool tricks and I was hooked. When the company was bought by Verizon, they would not port my BB and I had to get a new one. That's my purple BB curve 8530, which I use to this day. It's wonderful and has never let me down, until recently.... More and more apps are dying and it is becoming a bit of a pain. Gtalk quit about a month ago. Skype longer than that. I can't find a phone to desktop application that works that I can load to this 8530. Other than that it works beautifully. Love my Bberry.
    07-12-15 07:12 AM
    Does it really matter what others think of your choice of phone? I'll never understand why anyone would care what others think of their choice. I know that I could not care less what anyone thinks of my choice. Nor do I care what phone anyone else uses. My question is why the theme, or subject is repeated over and over and over on Crackberry.

Posted via CB10
    Obviously it does to the majority.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    07-12-15 11:27 AM
    Apparently you haven't seen what people with iPhones go through trying to attach files to emails and getting picture onto their computer, as in emailing them to themselves and such. Nor have you seen Android users complain about the variety of issues different phones have.

Not saying BB10 is perfect, but for generic business functions, it's pretty efficent.
    You apparently have no idea what my phone history is. I currently use both a 6 Plus and a company issued Z3 compact. I've never had an issue with anything you posted there.

I also did like my BB10 devices, but I wasn't any more efficient on them than on my other phones. The rhetoric is still stupid.

You don't need to educate me on anything, because:

Pearl 8130, Curve 8330, Storm 1, Palm Pre, Palm Pixi, Galaxy S Vibrant, Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC Desire Z, iPhone 4, Bold 9900, LG Optimus G, Nokia 710, iPhone 5, Z10, iphone 5S, HTC One M7, Q5, Galaxy S4, HTC One M8, OnePlus One, Nexus 5, Xperia Z3 compact, iPhone 6 Plus and I'm pretty sure I'm missing a few.

I've owned all of those. I've used all of them for months at a time (and several for a couple of years) as daily drivers. Now, of those there were a few that I had issues with as far as poor performance or downright faulty hardware and I couldn't use them as a reliable daily driver. The Pre (took 4 tries before I got one with solid hardware), the 9900 (screen malfunction if outside on a sunny day and 6hrs or less battery life), the Vibrant (faulty main board and recall), the Z10 (random reboots during phone calls, 6 hours or less battery life, contacts and emails disappearing, pocket dialling both with and without swipe from bottom disabled)...

I've never had an issue with adding video to iTunes, getting pictures onto my computer, attaching files or photos to email, or anything else on your list.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    Last edited by reeneebob; 07-12-15 at 11:52 AM.
    RH1Pearl likes this.
    07-12-15 11:34 AM
    ....all the comments I ever get are "who owns a BlackBerry anymore "
    The only similar comments I ever receive are from my girlfriend, who will follow them up with "....old people".

I don't think she actually believes this, she is just trying to wind me up. (There is more than a ten year age difference between us, which is a constant source of 'age related' wind-ups from her).
    ProjectBrett likes this.
    07-12-15 01:02 PM
    Every time someone make that statement I will tell them that I have the best phone on the market.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 02:49 PM
    it should show in smaller, lighter grey text under your name on the posts- "via Facebook for BlackBerry 10"
    Nope unfortunately not :/

Could it depend on the Facebook app version? A friend of mine has a Q10 and her posts are always signed with "via BlackBerry". (I'm on a Classic, so probably with a newer app version).
    07-12-15 03:15 PM
    You apparently have no idea what my phone history is. I currently use both a 6 Plus and a company issued Z3 compact. I've never had an issue with anything you posted there.

I also did like my BB10 devices, but I wasn't any more efficient on them than on my other phones. The rhetoric is still stupid.

You don't need to educate me on anything, because:

[...]
    I've never had an issue with adding video to iTunes, getting pictures onto my computer, attaching files or photos to email, or anything else on your list.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    I know you are experienced with many phones, that's why I was surprised at your statement. Maybe you don't have those problems, but many people do. If you know how to attach a PDF and multiple pictures to a REPLY email on the iPhone (without an app), please tell Rene Richie and the other iPhone users. Recently I trained a new Classic user and he specifically was excited to see how much better file handling is compared to the iPhone.

So, you can sync your pictures from your iPhone to your computer with iTunes? Please tell apple because they don't seem to know how. Tell me how you add memory to an iPhone. What if you despise iTunes, how do you copy a movie or MP4 video onto it without an app?

What do you do if you connect your iPhone to your PC & Windows doesn’t see the pictures? I have seen this problem multiple times.

Just a couple of days ago I had an iPhone 6 user forward an email instead of replying, just so he could add someone to the recipient list. I don't know why he did it, but it seemed normal. What about the recent problem of all attached pictures having the same filename? Ever try to save all attachments into a folder when they have the same name?

What about organizing your pictures into folders? Who would want to do that?

Talk about prison, you never heard of the iMessage issue when people move to a different platform?

None of the people you know ever have poor battery issues with Android & iPhones? I know the Z10 battery sucks, but that's about it.

Nothing is perfect, so when the people claim that BlackBerry is old and not as good, they are delusional or very miss-informed. .

That's what this thread is about.

There is a difference between efficient and productive and they mean different things to different people. I could be productive with Android, but not as efficent. WP and iPhone are no go for me because of designed in limitations that I won't put up with.

Posted Via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    Last edited by jhanks64; 07-12-15 at 06:10 PM.
    John Villareal and 93Aero like this.
    07-12-15 05:56 PM
    Nope unfortunately not :/

Could it depend on the Facebook app version? A friend of mine has a Q10 and her posts are always signed with "via BlackBerry". (I'm on a Classic, so probably with a newer app version).
    this has always been true, since Facebook versions before the PlayBook days.. so not sure why you can't achieve it.
    07-12-15 06:11 PM
    I love blackberry. But when I had my passport people were hating. Saying oh you have a blackberry. Yuck.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Jealousy?

CB10 - Passport
    07-12-15 11:35 PM
    I know you are experienced with many phones, that's why I was surprised at your statement. Maybe you don't have those problems, but many people do. If you know how to attach a PDF and multiple pictures to a REPLY email on the iPhone (without an app), please tell Rene Richie and the other iPhone users. Recently I trained a new Classic user and he specifically was excited to see how much better file handling is compared to the iPhone.

So, you can sync your pictures from your iPhone to your computer with iTunes? Please tell apple because they don't seem to know how. Tell me how you add memory to an iPhone. What if you despise iTunes, how do you copy a movie or MP4 video onto it without an app?

What do you do if you connect your iPhone to your PC & Windows doesn’t see the pictures? I have seen this problem multiple times.

Just a couple of days ago I had an iPhone 6 user forward an email instead of replying, just so he could add someone to the recipient list. I don't know why he did it, but it seemed normal. What about the recent problem of all attached pictures having the same filename? Ever try to save all attachments into a folder when they have the same name?

What about organizing your pictures into folders? Who would want to do that?

Talk about prison, you never heard of the iMessage issue when people move to a different platform?

None of the people you know ever have poor battery issues with Android & iPhones? I know the Z10 battery sucks, but that's about it.

Nothing is perfect, so when the people claim that BlackBerry is old and not as good, they are delusional or very miss-informed. .

That's what this thread is about.

There is a difference between efficient and productive and they mean different things to different people. I could be productive with Android, but not as efficent. WP and iPhone are no go for me because of designed in limitations that I won't put up with.

Posted Via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    The fact you have to try and handicap the iPhone's capabilities with the limitation "without an app" simply highlights the strength of modern smartphone ecosystems and apps.

And yes, you can sync photos from an iPhone to a Mac or PC with and without iTunes. A simple Google search would show you plenty of links on how to do it.

"What do you do if you connect your iPhone to your PC & Windows doesn’t see the pictures? I have seen this problem multiple times."

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202778

The "iMessage issue" also has a very simple solution. Google.

Seriously, the vast majority of your points are easily solved or outright inaccurate. I would never assume, but it seems like you have very little real world experience with iOS, as a simple Google search can resolve a lot of your questions.
    07-12-15 11:55 PM
    The fact you have to try and handicap the iPhone's capabilities with the limitation "without an app" simply highlights the strength of modern smartphone ecosystems and apps.

And yes, you can sync photos from an iPhone to a Mac or PC with and without iTunes. A simple Google search would show you plenty of links on how to do it.

"What do you do if you connect your iPhone to your PC & Windows doesn’t see the pictures? I have seen this problem multiple times."

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202778

The "iMessage issue" also has a very simple solution. Google.

Seriously, the vast majority of your points are easily solved or outright inaccurate. I would never assume, but it seems like you have very little real world experience with iOS, as a simple Google search can resolve a lot of your questions.
    I very clearly wrote that I only have some passing experience with iOS and WP. ( I am not expert on iOS and Windows Phone, but am familiar with them somewhat). It doesn't matter, people ask me to help them solve some issue, so I do and frequently after a lot of wasted time, there is no easy solution. One client has an iPhone and wants to sync his phone with his office computer and his home computer. Can you do that?

The link you provided has nothing to do with the problem I experienced on multiple computers. iTunes sees the phone and it's "trusted", yet no pictures are visible.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201313
    "Sync photos from your computer to your iOS device using iTunes" Notice that it goes from your computer to iOS, not from your device to your computer.

At the bottom of that page:
    ===========
    You can't reimport pictures synced from your computer to your device back to your computer. You can only import pictures taken by your device, or saved to it, from your device to your computer. If you need to retrieve synced photos from your device, email the photos from the device to yourself. Then download the photos from the emails to your computer.
    ===========
    On that same page, it talks about "If your photos are in an app". WTF is this? My pictures are in my camera or photo folder, they are mine, not an Apps property.

Maybe it's changed now, but two weeks ago I was helping a lady with Windows Vista on her laptop. The latest iTunes would not install on Vista. iTunes saw her iPhone, but offered NO WAY TO SYNC OR IMPORT PHOTOS to the computer. She still had to email them to herself. The computer did NOT see the photos, yet iTunes saw the phone and was in the process of updating the OS when I left. She has a outlook.com account, so we tried to download Onedrive, but she had to verify her payment method before it would even allow her to download the app and didn't want the hassle at that moment.

iMessage was such a problem that Apple was sued by a Class Action suit. I know how to fix it, but many people do NOT and a year ago, it was not an easy process. I had one guy so angry that he actually went back to Apple and replaced his broken screen iPhone instead of staying on another phone after missing too many text messages. Essentially he stayed with his abuser because it was too difficult "for him" to change. I provided him with all of the instructions on how to get past it, but he refused saying that it works fine on Apple.

Are you telling me that you CAN reply to an email (as in an ongoing email conversation for example) and attach a PDF and a picture and a Word or Excel file to that email without an app? Android and BB10 can, just like a regular computer can.

Why must people use a completely different way of doing things on their mobile device?

Again, this thread is about how some people think that BB10 is somehow lacking in capabilities, which is patently false.

India's Digit Magazine names BlackBerry 10 'The World's Best Mobile OS' | CrackBerry.com
    Literally it was scientifically Measured as the best.
    Digit staff conducted a performance test of the BlackBerry 10.2 OS, Android 4.4, iOS 7.1.2 and Windows Phone 8.1 operating systems. The BlackBerry 10.2 OS won the overall test with a rating of 56.91 - the highest amongst all of the latest major operating systems that are available in the market today. The BlackBerry 10.2 OS was also judged to be the best OS for email, contact management, calling, photography, search and video.
    John Villareal likes this.
    07-13-15 01:46 AM
    Because they're .... ooops, no sorry.
    Let me rephrase : because WE're different.
    It's 2015 and people hate difference ... back pre 1960's ...

Ironic enough; those whose mantra once was "think different" are now - say, a little - monomaniacs.
    The iRony... ;-)

(edit: yeah, and 1984!)

�   "WatsApp with the Chendroid?" - "Goog question, lol..."   �
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-13-15 05:47 AM
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201313
    "Sync photos from your computer to your iOS device using iTunes" Notice that it goes from your computer to iOS, not from your device to your computer.

On that same page, it talks about "If your photos are in an app". WTF is this? My pictures are in my camera or photo folder, they are mine, not an Apps property.
    "Photos in an app?" 8-o

Makes me cringe when I hear it (and I think I heard I before!), how cumbersome do you have to design a product...?

:-)

..and on topic:
    This is probably why we still own a BlackBerry. BB Link might be a bit of a dodgy application, but hey, it syncs...

07-13-15 05:56 AM
    Double post, nevermind...

Anyway, Link has saved many people's day (and bacon!) when they found their microSD was fried and they discovered it had synced pics in the background already last time the phone was plugged in... :-)

07-13-15 05:59 AM
    I'm LMAO @reeneebob 's post. Hilarious with some very valid points...
    07-13-15 07:15 AM
    I had a curve as my first blackberry also and it would give me trouble from time to time. I then left and got the iphone 4s and it was great until I went back to blackberry when they announced they BB10 was coming out. I told me friends after that excellent superbowl commercial, I'm going back to blackberry when the Z-10 comes out and I did. I have never looked back after that I've had a Z-10, Q-10 and just got the classic and I love it.

Posted via CB10
    You came back because of that ad!?!?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 08:09 AM
    A nice Alltel lady talked me into a beautiful white BB pearl after my flip phone died nearly a hundred years ago. She says you deserve a real phone, showed me all these cool tricks and I was hooked. When the company was bought by Verizon, they would not port my BB and I had to get a new one. That's my purple BB curve 8530, which I use to this day. It's wonderful and has never let me down, until recently.... More and more apps are dying and it is becoming a bit of a pain. Gtalk quit about a month ago. Skype longer than that. I can't find a phone to desktop application that works that I can load to this 8530. Other than that it works beautifully. Love my Bberry.
    Gtalk still works on bb10 somehow, it is the only way I still use it. I super miss the desktop app.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 04:20 PM
    I have used Samsung before but came back. I will only use BlackBerry. It. Is such a powerful tool. It amazing how many people don't get it. But I do believe it comes down to apps. Which most are useless.

Posted via CB10
    miker476 likes this.
    07-13-15 04:32 PM
    I have an old curve, 9900, Z10, Passport and a Classic. Also 3 bricked playbooks. My daily driver is my awesome Passport.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 05:42 PM
    There is about 50 people i know including relatives that own a BlackBerry 10 in my area.

  
    07-13-15 06:28 PM
    I have an old curve, 9900, Z10, Passport and a Classic. Also 3 bricked playbooks. My daily driver is my awesome Passport.

Posted via CB10
    why'd you do that to 3 PlayBooks?
    07-13-15 09:36 PM
    I shouldn't of said bricked. Since I switched to the passport I stopped using the playbook.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 08:48 AM
    all about perspective. wiping/poor battery was just a few of the horrors of bbos
    I guess . I had ton of BBOS devices and the only one that I felt had disappointing battery life was the 9900.

Many of them were actually pretty awesome for battery. the 9700 for example, was incredible in that sense for me
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    07-14-15 11:24 AM
    I guess . I had ton of BBOS devices and the only one that I felt had disappointing battery life was the 9900.

Many of them were actually pretty awesome for battery. the 9700 for example, was incredible in that sense for me
    The 9700 had the best battery life of any phone I've owned. It could actually go more then a day easily.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    07-14-15 11:41 AM
192 ... 45678