Two reasons:
    1. The iPhone is too limited and like a prison
    2. Android is too invasive and has it's share of problems
    3. Windows Phone is too simplistic and even less apps than BB10.
    That's four.
    ubizmo likes this.
    07-11-15 01:03 AM

I have 2 email accounts and can also attach multiple files in an email. I also have a File Manager in my Android. So what makes your BB so special?
    it just does it better.
    07-11-15 01:07 AM
    That's four.
    6, count em.
    07-11-15 01:08 AM
    So, your toy car is better than their toy car...
    There are certain lines of rhetoric that set my teeth on edge.

Tools not toys, "I'm more productive", sheeple...I'm sorry, I'll make sure I contact IT and tell them that the last three years since we switched from BB to Android/iOS work issued devices have been a figment of our imaginations as far as productiveness goes. Clearly we've all imagined it.

I swear, sometimes I think people type "I'm more productive" in an effort to convince themselves they are some better class of person. I'm sorry, they are cell phones. It's not a family member.

I actually read a post the other day where someone said they had their Passport which was "the love of their life" and their wife used something else. Yes, they called a cell phone the love of their life and put down their wife for using another brand of phone. I was actually so disgusted I had to logout for a few hours.

It's ridiculous.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    07-11-15 01:29 AM

Tools not toys, "I'm more productive", sheeple...I'm sorry, I'll make sure I contact IT and tell them that the last three years since we switched from BB to Android/iOS work issued devices have been a figment of our imaginations as far as productiveness goes. Clearly we've all imagined it.

I swear, sometimes I think people type "I'm more productive" in an effort to convince themselves they are some better class of person. I'm sorry, they are cell phones. It's not a family member.

I actually read a post the other day where someone said they had their Passport which was "the love of their life" and their wife used something else. Yes, they called a cell phone the love of their life and put down their wife for using another brand of phone. I was actually so disgusted I had to logout for a few hours.

It's ridiculous.

Don't forget the infamous "Better Android than Android" mantra. ;-)

Posted via C5303
    07-11-15 02:41 AM
    I still use Blackberry phones, 9900's for Business use and have a Q5 bought to try BB10 with a keyboard, and for personal use I have a Z10 and Z30 all are reliable and do everything I require, my Family and friends all use I phones so I am the lone Blackberry user and do get (time I should get an I phone) not going to happen, but if Blackberry are going to release Android phones and retire BB10 which is brilliant on my Z10/30, then it will be time to look at other systems, but the 9900's will carry on at work as there is nothing yet to replace them.
    07-11-15 03:02 AM
    I think the days of carrying a single device to conduct your business is over. On a daily basis however I always carry my classic with either an iPhone or my tab

Sent from my Tab S
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-11-15 03:08 AM
    Every time I post on Facebook, I always use the app Facebook for BlackBerry just to have a "via BlackBerry" on it. Something i'm proud of. But I use Facebook on browser more often. Lol

Posted via CB10
    me too
    John Villareal likes this.
    07-11-15 03:09 AM
    Ok here goes, two P9982, two Passports, one classic, z30, leap, playbook but don't use it, and can't remember what else.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 03:37 AM
    I'm using my BlackBerry Bold 9790 and Z30 for life! ;D
    07-11-15 04:05 AM

It's ridiculous.

Ummm.... your post is not germane to the subject of this thread. It is about ignorant non BlackBerry users accosting BlackBerry users.

Soooo...... take your well worn tools not toys slogan and extreme but probably not serious Passport example and contribute to another thread on Crackberry which is related to your contribution, or start your own.

Posted by non toyish but flicking toolish z10.

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    07-11-15 08:21 AM
    I have a z10 for personal and a z30 work gave me. Love them both. Tried the Nokia 830 as I got a free upgrade option on my personal account. Great battery and camera and that's about it in my opinion. Went back to the z10.

I hear a few different things from people on BlackBerry. Most people think BlackBerry is dead and/or old fashioned and/or they got a z10 early on and had a bad experience and won't try again. Sorry but the too early release of the z10 did a lot of damage to BlackBerry. My z10 is great but I know a lot of people who had a bad experience. Quality on the z10 was hit and miss when it should have been rock solid prior to release.

Sadly now I hear "You have a BlackBerry? Get an iphone." more times than I care to.

Posted via CB10
    extisis and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    07-11-15 08:31 AM
    me too
    It makes me wanna shout "via BlackBerry" everytime..lol..I dont care if all of them Fb friends are using iOS or Android.

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    07-11-15 08:34 AM
    BBOS devices basically, the tenancy to crash, wipe themselves, awful batteries ect,
    Crash, I totally agree (it's why I left). But wipe themselves? Poor battery? Not what I'd call a common complaint.
    07-11-15 08:44 AM
    Two reasons:
    1. The iPhone is too limited and like a prison
    How? It has a whole lot of an ecosystem it connects to. I suppose you can't customize it as much as Android, but the same can be said for BlackBerry and Windows Phone.

2. Android is too invasive and has it's share of problems
    Which are?

3. Windows Phone is too simplistic and even less apps than BB10.
    How does it have less apps than BlackBerry 10? I suppose if you talk native + Android and factor in the Amazon Store + Snap you could make a claim. But native apps? No way.

(I say this as someone with a Z10 and a Classic, and an iPhone, who's owned an Android tablet and who's SO has a Windows Phone)
    07-11-15 08:48 AM
    Ummm.... your post is not germane to the subject of this thread. It is about ignorant non BlackBerry users accosting BlackBerry users.

Soooo...... take your well worn tools not toys slogan and extreme but probably not serious Passport example and contribute to another thread on Crackberry which is related to your contribution, or start your own.

Posted by non toyish but flicking toolish z10.

Posted via CB10
    So basically what you're trying to say is that every thread on here has to be a "Please Feel Sorry for Me, I'm a BlackBerry User " or "My Self Esteem is Low, Let's Bash the Infinitly More Productive iPhone Users" thread ?

I am embarrassed to carry my Q10, switching over to the Six Plus for the week.
    07-11-15 10:27 AM
    I love my BB Passport, who cares what people are saying, yes its true that most people think Blackberry is dead and that they don't make phones anymore. Its true that BB is becoming a software company and that they are out of the consumer market. I work in the telecom industry, owned a variety of phones of the time, but I see my Passport as a Ferrari of phones. You don't need to own 40 or 50% of the market to be good at what you do and make money. Proof Apple owns almost 50% of the market yet their icrap is not such a great phone... far from it, especially security wise. If you compare to to automotive industry, Ferrari own under 0.1% of the market and yet nobody is saying they going out of business or that their dead. Actually they are a very profitable company. So yes you can have a good product, make money, be profitable and own only 1% of the market shares. I'm proud to be the owner of a Ferrari of phones and its good to be different. Not just another sheep that simply follows trends without doing any real research. Anyway that's is my opinion on the subject.
    07-11-15 10:32 AM
    Crash, I totally agree (it's why I left). But wipe themselves? Poor battery? Not what I'd call a common complaint.
    I did hear the poor battery one a awful lot, probably because they spent all day on BBM, the Wipe themselves very rarely, but happened
    07-11-15 10:36 AM
    all about perspective. wiping/poor battery was just a few of the horrors of bbos
    07-11-15 11:32 AM
    So basically what you're trying to say is that every thread on here has to be a "Please Feel Sorry for Me, I'm a BlackBerry User " or "My Self Esteem is Low, Let's Bash the Infinitly More Productive iPhone Users" thread ?

I am embarrassed to carry my Q10, switching over to the Six Plus for the week.
    don't over think and put words in his mouth. take the comment for what it is.

and have fun with your 'sicks plus'
    07-11-15 11:34 AM
    I have a z10 for personal and a z30 work gave me. Love them both. Tried the Nokia 830 as I got a free upgrade option on my personal account. Great battery and camera and that's about it in my opinion. Went back to the z10.

I hear a few different things from people on BlackBerry. Most people think BlackBerry is dead and/or old fashioned and/or they got a z10 early on and had a bad experience and won't try again. Sorry but the too early release of the z10 did a lot of damage to BlackBerry. My z10 is great but I know a lot of people who had a bad experience. Quality on the z10 was hit and miss when it should have been rock solid prior to release.

Sadly now I hear "You have a BlackBerry? Get an iphone." more times than I care to.

Posted via CB10
    Couldn't agree more. At a client at the time of the Z10 release, most of the board directors switched to Z10, having previously been die-hard BlackBerry fans.... they almost all ended up migrating to iPhone and Android.... (the one who previously had a 9900 went back to it).
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-11-15 11:38 AM
    Every time I post on Facebook, I always use the app Facebook for BlackBerry just to have a "via BlackBerry" on it. Something i'm proud of. But I use Facebook on browser more often. Lol
    How do you do that???

I have the Facebook app on my Classic and it doesn't say anything below my posts! I've tried re-installing the app as well as using the mobile website version but to no avail.

I'd love to know how to get that "via BlackBerry" message.
    07-11-15 12:26 PM
    How do you do that???

I have the Facebook app on my Classic and it doesn't say anything below my posts! I've tried re-installing the app as well as using the mobile website version but to no avail.

I'd love to know how to get that "via BlackBerry" message.
    it should show in smaller, lighter grey text under your name on the posts- "via Facebook for BlackBerry 10"
    07-11-15 12:40 PM
    "Who still owns a BlackBerry?" Everyone in this forum I would guess.
    I'd guess more like half the people in this forum.
    Many threads seem like BlackBerry natives are in the minority even here :-(

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 01:10 PM
    People have to realize that many people attach emotion to their personal devices. It's the same as the type of clothes or style you wear. The type of car you drive or the brand of purse you carry. It's not much different. It can get really bad for BlackBerry users to justify their use. The constant attack on their device of choice and they need to justify it in some crazy way. I know how that feels and I know everyone here knows how that feels even if it isn't in regards to cell phones.

I sometimes find myself justifying my Z30 to people and then stopping myself once I realize how pointless it is. Unless they see their hero holding this phone they won't give a rats behind. If not that then they won't get it unless everyone around them gets it. They need to justify their $800 purchase like anyone and everyone talking about it is enough justification for most. One person trying to sell them on something is usually not enough. The few people that gave BlackBerry a chance because of my recommendation are still using it to this day. I envy the fact that they don't care what they use. They took a chance on it and enjoyed it, but both would be just as happy going back or going to something else. I'm a tech nerd. Live tech. That should have been love but the typo makes more sense. Just got another tablet as payment for helping someone out with their tech. Android this time. And yet all my expertise goes out the door when I answer the question "so, what phone do you use?"

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    der_mit likes this.
    07-11-15 01:37 PM
192 ... 23456 ...