little rant, and something that kinda bothers me... why whenever I upload a photo from my BlackBerry, you know how it says uploaded via BlackBerry or whatever.... all the comments I ever get are "who owns a BlackBerry anymore "

why does everyone think BlackBerrys are so bad? I don't understand, the BlackBerry has been the only phone I have ever owned starting from the curve and I had that for years before my z10, and z30!

Black BlackBerry Curve→ White BlackBerry Z10 → Black BlackBerry Z30
    07-10-15 08:12 AM
    Every time I post on Facebook, I always use the app Facebook for BlackBerry just to have a "via BlackBerry" on it. Something i'm proud of. But I use Facebook on browser more often. Lol

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 08:20 AM
    BBOS devices basically, the tenancy to crash, wipe themselves, awful batteries ect, gave BlackBerry a bad name, just like Symbian, both older devices where crap, but the newer ones where not, once they get into their heads that a BlackBerry is this that and the other it's stuck there.
    ProjectBrett and extisis like this.
    07-10-15 08:20 AM
    It's just that "my toy car is better than your toy car" mentality that exists with mobile phone users.
    I don't let it get to me, I know I can do more with my BlackBerry than they can with their toys

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 08:24 AM
    little rant, and something that kinda bothers me... why whenever I upload a photo from my BlackBerry, you know how it says uploaded via BlackBerry or whatever.... all the comments I ever get are "who owns a BlackBerry anymore "

why does everyone think BlackBerrys are so bad? I don't understand, the BlackBerry has been the only phone I have ever owned starting from the curve and I had that for years before my z10, and z30!

Because for most people they aren't....

It amazes me the number of people that can't even add a 2nd email account to their device. These people would never be able to go through the steps it takes to make a BlackBerry usable in today's world of apps.

Too be honest, many are amazed when I show them the things my Z10 can do.... accessing my One Drive via the file manager, picking several files and attaching them to an email. It's just like having a PC in your hand. But when I try to explain it all, they usually get a blank look on their face. BlackBerry is either for the minimalist (they don't need or want apps) or for the tech hobbyist (willing to attempt some pretty basic installations)....
    07-10-15 08:25 AM
    Again, who cares. People will always question anything different then they are accustomed to. It's everywhere tims vs Starbucks, BMW vs Mercedes vs audi... marketing works too well !!

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 08:39 AM
    I love blackberry. But when I had my passport people were hating. Saying oh you have a blackberry. Yuck.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-10-15 08:46 AM
    Every time I post on Facebook, I always use the app Facebook for BlackBerry just to have a "via BlackBerry" on it. Something i'm proud of. But I use Facebook on browser more often. Lol

Posted via CB10
    thought i was the only one lmfao, i used the browser most of the time because the app is so poor, but when i post a picture lmfao its with share option via the picture ��
    07-10-15 09:08 AM
    BBOS devices basically, the tenancy to crash, wipe themselves, awful batteries ect, gave BlackBerry a bad name, just like Symbian, both older devices where crap, but the newer ones where not, once they get into their heads that a BlackBerry is this that and the other it's stuck there.
    my curve back in the day never crashed or anything, it was very good and never caused me troubles!
    07-10-15 09:08 AM
    [QUOTE=Dunt Dunt Dunt;11779167]Because for most people they aren't....

It amazes me the number of people that can't even add a 2nd email account to their device. These people would never be able to go through the steps it takes to make a BlackBerry usable in today's world of apps.

Too be honest, many are amazed when I show them the things my Z10 can do.... accessing my One Drive via the file manager, picking several files and attaching them to an email. It's just like having a PC in your hand. But when I try to explain it all, they usually get a blank look on their face. BlackBerry is either for the minimalist (they don't need or want apps) or for the tech hobbyist (willing to attempt some pretty basic installations)....[/QUOTE

I have 2 email accounts and can also attach multiple files in an email. I also have a File Manager in my Android. So what makes your BB so special?
    07-10-15 09:15 AM
    my curve back in the day never crashed or anything, it was very good and never caused me troubles!
    My 9650 was a very stable device.... But it SUCKED when compared to what the people in my office could do with their iPhones at that same time period (3-4 years ago). Browsing was the biggest disappointment. BBOS BlackBerries really were far behind the curve when it came to the capabilities of the devices.

Now BB10 devices are not nearly so far behind... yes the Z10 battery was undersized and it wasn't really the latest and greatest hardware. But it was a very solid device (after two months of random rebooting on Verizon) with an OS that had a lot of potential then, and has matured into a very stable and usable OS.

But neither BBOS nor BB10 platforms meet the needs to the "average" consumer.... thus the lack of sales and the sentiment.
    ProjectBrett and LazyEvul like this.
    07-10-15 09:20 AM

Personally, I just ignore them and enjoy my BlackBerry. Discussion as to why you still utilize one falls on deaf ears......quickly.

Posted via CB10
    Same here.....just wish the app received some additional updates.

I love blackberry. But when I had my passport people were hating. Saying oh you have a blackberry. Yuck.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    You don't have it anymore? Just curious.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 07-14-15 at 12:30 PM.
    madman0141 likes this.
    07-10-15 09:22 AM
    I never had any trouble with Symbian and loved UIQ so don't get your statement for that part. It wasn't a modern developed ecosystem perhaps but for it time it worked flawlesly with one of my favorite UI's
    07-10-15 09:26 AM
    Still have my trusty Q10; BEST email, & text device on the market, for business; receive messages before my desktop, or laptop!
    If you want to play video's , & games............................................. ..........................
    TMo WiFi calling rocks!
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-10-15 09:30 AM
    Peresonally, I just ignore them and enjoy my BlackBerry. Discussion as to why you still utilize one falls on deaf ears......quickly.

Same here.....just wish the app received some additional updates.

You don't have it anymore? Just curious.
    yes, the app needs some major improvements... more like the android version but for BB10.... and i just traded my Z30 for a Passport, it should be here soon... i cant wait
    07-10-15 09:31 AM

I have 2 email accounts and can also attach multiple files in an email. I also have a File Manager in my Android. So what makes your BB so special?
    I wasn't saying my Z10 was special.... just that (in a nice way) people in general are dumb when it comes to knowing how to really operate a smartphone. Thus expecting people to buy a BlackBerry, go to some fan site like CrackBerry to download some APKs in order to access a Google Play Store and then maybe have to install some tools to patch out Google Services.... well that is expecting WAY too much.
    07-10-15 09:31 AM
    I never had any trouble with Symbian and loved UIQ so don't get your statement for that part. It wasn't a modern developed ecosystem perhaps but for it time it worked flawlesly with one of my favorite UI's
    I should have gone into more detail, Nokia's Symbian Series 60 devices, mostly v5, gave it a bad name, poor hardware made people think it was the OS
    07-10-15 09:56 AM
    I do own three Z30 and Playbook, Q10 and Z10. Currently, using Z30 and gave away Q10 to my brother and Z10 keep for backup. Moved from iPhone. I'm in San Jose California USA.
    07-10-15 10:03 AM

If you are truly trying to understand the comments, you would have to acknowledge that people have different preferences. Also, it would be a little hard to understand if you've never used other devices as your daily driver (or at least a strong secondary device).
    TgeekB, jmr1015 and Donvald like this.
    07-10-15 10:03 AM
    All I ever heard was people moaning about them crashing tbh
    07-10-15 10:06 AM
    It is unusual for people with blackberries to have friends on social media because of the many social media apps they cannot access.

Posted via CB10
    John Villareal and Donvald like this.
    07-10-15 10:07 AM
    It is unusual for people with blackberries to have friends on social media because of the many social media apps they cannot access.

Posted via CB10
    I have Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, BBM Channels, Viber, Whatsapp, Skype, Facebook Messenger on my BlackBerry Z10, all are working great. Please tell us what social media app are you talking about?

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 10:21 AM
    thought i was the only one lmfao, i used the browser most of the time because the app is so poor, but when i post a picture lmfao its with share option via the picture ��
    I don't know but Facebook for BlackBerry is so poor but I still have to post from it just to get the "via BlackBerry10" qoute..lol..

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino and madh263362 like this.
    07-10-15 10:23 AM
    I have Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, BBM Channels, Viber, Whatsapp, Skype, Facebook Messenger on my BlackBerry Z10, all are working great. Please tell us what social media app are you talking about?

Posted via CB10
    +Telegram

I can only think of Snap Chat, not that I'd ever actually use it
    07-10-15 10:24 AM
    When my boss saw my Z30 laying on the table he smirked and said "Pfff, this was clear, you still own a Blackberry." He has a 16 GB iPhone 5 from the first day it came out and he still loves to pull it out like a gold nugget. When such a discussion begins I already know what comes. I let him talk. When he finished his rant full of ignorance I asked "Can you put in a 64GB SD card? And what about a USB cable? And where are your contacts stored?"
    acovey likes this.
    07-10-15 10:29 AM
192 123 ...