cant wait for storm 3 or 4 or5
    been a storm user since day one no plans for leaving .
    very happy with rim
    08-26-10 11:40 AM
    I am staying because I love to hate my 9700. I like how Speed-dialing on BB is effortless also dialing extensions within the company is easy because I don't have to remember the main #. Additionally, I think it’s fantastic how calls can be routed to my BB from the office and I can read and reply to email why talking on the phone. Now for the hate, I dislike the browser on 9700 and the fact that TORCH was and is disappointment to me nonetheless, I think BB allows me to be more productive and do it efficiently.
    08-26-10 12:44 PM
    All i know is i keep coming back to bberry.
    08-26-10 12:47 PM
    Staying with RIM because there is no place better to go. The other smartphones do not work nearly as well in my business and in my hands. I play few games and do not stream video or sound. I need a fine texting and e-mail device which allows the minor surfing that may come along. Nothing better than BB IMHO.
    08-26-10 12:48 PM
    When I 1st got a BB , I thought do I really need this thing? Now I love it. I'll stay with RIM.
    08-26-10 01:18 PM
    I recently had to have my BB 8530 replaced due to corruption and manually reinstalled all the apps I had because the carrier couldn't transfer them to the replaced device. Most of all the vendors provided me with new activation keys, if needed ( thanks to Crackberry website, I was able to reinstall most of the apps purchased through them w/o any issues.
    One app I tried to reinstall but couldn't find the download link on the company website was Toktumi (pronounced 'talk to me'). It is an app that allow you to have a Line 2 on your phone. After chatting with the Customer Support several times, it was finally revealed to me that Toktumi no longer support the Blackberry platforms because of issues with Blackberry and the developers of this app (think it is mostly engineering and tech issues). They wanted to provide me a courtesy link but i refused because I purchased this app several months ago with the understanding their platform with the Blackberry will improve by working with RIM. The app has a monthly fee of $14.95 that provides some unique features for people who are small business owners (check website their for details). It also compare their features with similar app such as Google Voice and Skye, etc.
    The problem I have is that Toktumi is still charging me ( I have requested a full refund for this app) and other Blackberry users for their service that they no longer support and didn't sent any information to the users of their decision. I was receiving emails from them touted their exceptional service and how to receive free service for referring others about Toktumi and a chance to win an ipad.
    Their website instructional video for this app was always displaying a touchscreen smartphone such as an iphone or BB Storm but didn't have "how to" video if your phone platform was Bold, Curve or Tour which I addressed to them several times during my chats(this is the only form of direct Customer Support). If are a Blackberry users and have this app, I would suggest to make sure you don't lose it because you won't be able to get another download link ( it took me 3 chats before they were willingly to provide a "courtesy link" even though I was about to be billed for their service) until whatever issues are resolved with them and RIM. If the issues aren't resolved, look for another service that is Blackberry "friendly".
    Also if you do a search of Toktumi and Blackberry, you will see a press about the difficulty Toktumi is having with the Blackberry platforms (it seems that with all the platforms Blackberry have, they create problems with developers as opposed to iphone with one platform.
    I discovered Toktumi on Crackberry website as an advertised link.
    08-26-10 01:43 PM
    I recently had to have my BB 8530 replaced due to corruption and had to manually reinstalled all the apps I had because the carrier couldn't transfer them to the replaced device. Most of all the vendors I need to reinstall provided me with new activation keys, if needed ( thanks to Crackberry website, I was able to reinstall most of the apps purchased through them w/o any issues.
    One app I tried to reinstall but couldn't find the download link on the company website was Toktumi (pronounced 'talk to me'). It is an app that allow you to have a Line 2 on your phone. After chatting with the Customer Support several times, it was finally reveal to me that Toktumi no longer support the Blackberry platforms because of issues with Blackberry and the developers of this app (think it is mostly engineering and tech issues). They wanted to provide me a courtesy link but i refused because I purchased this app several months ago with the understanding their platform with the Blackberry will improve by working with RIM. The app has a monthly fee of $14.95 that provides some unique features for people who are small business owners (check website their webite for details). It also compare their features with similar app such as Google Voice and Skye, etc.
    The problem I have is that Toktumi is still charging me ( I have requested a full refund for this app) and other Blackberry users for their service that they no longer support and didn't sent any information to the users of their decision. I was receiving emails from them touted their exceptional service and how to receive free service for referring others about Toktumi and a chance to win an ipad.
    Their website instructional video for this app was always displaying a touchscreen smartphone such as an iphone or BB Storm but didn't have "how to" video if your phone platform was Bold, Curve or Tour which I addressed to them several times during my chats(this is the only form of direct Customer Support). If are a Blackberry users and have this app, I would suggest to make sure you don't lose it because you won't be able to get another download link ( it took me 3 chats before they were willingly to provide a "courtesy link" even though I was about to be billed for their service) until whatever issues are resolved with them and RIM. If the issues aren't resolved, look for another service that is Blackberry "friendly".
    Also if you do a search of Toktumi and Blackberry, you will see a press about the difficulty Toktumi is having with the Blackberry platforms (it seems that with all the platforms Blackberry have, they create problems with developers as opposed to iphone with one platform.
    I discovered Toktumi on Crackberry website as an advertised link.

it sounds like a nice app to have (til they fix the issue )
    my 9550 is unlocked we i go on a trip i insert the t-mobile simcard into the simcard slot on my phone and i can use an other carrier . the only thing is u wont receive calls on the disabled line u only can use one at a time .when is a non work related i make the calls from gsm network .
    08-26-10 01:47 PM
    I upgraded (?) my wife's Curve 8900 to a Samsung Captivate Galaxy S on AT&T
    this is supposed to be the fastest brawniest Android out there.
    it has a Swype type keypad which is calabrated to fingers other than mine, and it ATE ALL HER CONTACTS on transferring, the GUI and the arcitecture SUCK.
    trying to configure this phone compared to her Curve or My Bold is like rebuilding a Rochester 4v compared to assembling a Lincoln log house.
    Everything is 10 times harder than is should be and not intuitive at all.
    when you want to do something on a BlackBerry even for the first time it just works.
    I really want to get a BB that surfs, wit a decent screen, do they make one?
    08-26-10 01:52 PM
    I upgraded (?) my wife's Curve 8900 to a Samsung Captivate Galaxy S on AT&T
    this is supposed to be the fastest brawniest Android out there.
    it has a Swype type keypad which is calabrated to fingers other than mine, and it ATE ALL HER CONTACTS on transferring, the GUI and the arcitecture SUCK.
    trying to configure this phone compared to her Curve or My Bold is like rebuilding a Rochester 4v compared to assembling a Lincoln log house.
    Everything is 10 times harder than is should be and not intuitive at all.
    when you want to do something on a BlackBerry even for the first time it just works.
    I really want to get a BB that surfs, with a decent screen, do they make one?
    08-26-10 01:55 PM
    get A torch .!
    08-26-10 02:05 PM
    I'm on my 3rd BB, started with an 8330 and don't plan on going anywhere, I love my bold!
    08-26-10 02:35 PM
    I've had work issued Blackberries since 2002 or 2003, maybe. That ugly blue thing with the horrible screen. I've had personal Blackberries since my little Burgundy 8310.

I love them. They are perfect for me. They get me through my day effortlessly and I use the living daylights out of them.

I'm not planning to go anywhere for the forseeable future.
    08-26-10 02:40 PM
    I am not wanting to leave BB, however I have an issue that may force me to. I am with T Mobile, and have been for 8 yrs. Problem is, in my small town, I don't have 3g on my 9700, and it is beginning to look like I may never have it with tmo, & it sux because just 11 miles from me is where 3g stops. I want faster browsing on my BB, or 3g means nothing to me. I thought of Sprint, who has 3g in my area, but I'm not sure if I like the BB that Sprint has. I'm likin the Evo maybe? Also considerin Att and the Torch, but I've never liked att or verizon, but I really am searchin for a solution to my lousy service, which isn't really a RIM problem, but in all honestly BB is my favorite phone just not Sprints selection of them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-10 04:15 PM
    My 9700 is outstanding in every way but one, the browser is mediocre at best. Don't do much browsing on it though, it's my can't live without business phone. Had many berries and each one I upgraded to was better than the previous. One thing I've never had to do is relearn how to use one. Pull it out of the box and go. Not going anywhere.
    08-26-10 05:03 PM
    Upgraded from my 8120 to the 9700 for what I thought were all the right reasons: more memory, better screen real estate, faster processor, OS 6, UMA and 3G capability. I feel like I made a huge mistake. The device is great for someone who just accepts their device as is.

I no longer have anyone who uses BBM, so I've deleted that through App Loader. It does e-mail well and that's about it. I'm not tied to my e-mail for a living. I need a device for web searching, useful medical apps, and ease of typing. I get none of that with my 9700. At this point, the device is used for my morning newspaper reading online and an over sized iPod. Other than that, it does not serve me well. I spent a lot of my hard earned money on a device that can't do the things I need done well and OS6 will not be the utopia that RIM made it out to be with their WebKit browser.

When I can, I will truly be upgrading to the G2. I was thinking Vibrant, but I like having the physical keyboard. Eventually I believe I can be weened off of a physical keyboard, but not at the moment.
    08-26-10 05:35 PM
    This is my second berry, my trusty 8320 is on perm vacation since upgrading to the 9700. I love my berries and it will always have a place in my life. Prior to my berries I had a plain old Samsung phone and since being exposed to the berry life there's no going another route. My partner has a android, while it's a fun device to mess around, It will never be a perm fixture for me. The speed, memory, trackpad, keyboard, and the no fuss will keep me around for years to come.
    Last edited by vsuga; 08-26-10 at 06:21 PM.
    08-26-10 06:18 PM
    We just exchanged the Captivate for a torch, I was able to transfer all my wifes Curve info onto her Torch without any issue at all, and like her Curve the torch just works.
    08-26-10 06:31 PM
    I'm about to make the leap into the world of Blackberry for the first time in about a week hopefully if my carrier gets their act sorted out and ships the phone out properly. I've just been waiting for 12 days for a damned returns pouch... A bloody pouch!

Unfortunately my carrier's customer service SUCKS so it might be a bit longer than week before i can make the jump but i'll be upgrading from a Nokia 5230 (Only 3 weeks old at most) which don't get me wrong is a really good phone for the price, To a Curve 8520.

I'm being criticised by my friends for hopping on the Blackberry "Bandwagon" and yes it does annoy me that people buy BB's as a status symbol and then use it only for texting here in the UK but in a way it's good, It means that you don't have to shell out �30/$60 a month minimum and it's becoming more and more affordable to get a BB. At the very least i know in my mind i WILL be using my BB to it's full potential instead of just answering texts on it, I'll be on most of my Instant Messenger clients 24/7 and will also be Emailing heavily and browsing the net a LOT.

Ever since me and my mate opened our site hardWIRED i've been tethered to my email account because i use it for dealing with Technical support queries and also as my main email account so having a BB to get Email on the move will help me deal with tech support queries much more efficiently. Also, As a standard part of almost any BB Tariff here in the UK you get unlimited data (Seemingly a standard thing in the US, Quite rare here for cheap) which i've never had before on a phone so it'll help me stay connected a lot better as well.

I'm just not looking forward to being available to do the bane of my life that is Tech Support 24/7 wherever i go lol.
    08-26-10 06:36 PM
    I staying with RIM because my Storm is the only device on the market with Surepress.
    Just looking forward to better and better Storm models.
    08-27-10 12:39 AM
    I have been with Verizon for as long as I can remember and I started with them when they were known as Airtouch. It is a great carrier. I never have issues with call quality or customer service. There phone line-up is the best and they have a device for everyone. Their Blackberry choices are good. I think now though I have the best of the best and that is the Bold 9650. It is really a great device and Sprint has it too. Unhappy with TMobile? why wouldn't you like Verizon? And what do you base not liking them on? I know they are expensive, but you get what you pay for. And they back their service up with a 30 day guarantee. I will not leave Verizon. They put over a million into their cell sites every quarter to make sure everyone has the service they need. They are always bettering their service. 10+ in my opinion. And the Bold is at the top of the list.
    08-27-10 01:29 AM
    I'm just not looking forward to being available to do the bane of my life that is Tech Support 24/7 wherever i go lol.
    It's going to do some really good marketing for you through word of mouth. People are impressed with speedy customer service, and it doesn't get any speedier with a BB
    08-27-10 01:42 AM
    I've been a VZW customer for about a decade and get good service with them, so I'll not be switching to get the Torch, whose specs really aren't all that impressive. So, unless Q3-Q4 2010 holds some astonishing new BB device on VZW, I'll be making the jump to the Droid X or Droid 2 (more than likely the 2). The Bold is simply not enough of an upgrade over the Tour for me to want to spend even a dime on it, and that's the best BB VZW is going to offer until maybe sometime in 2011?

I want a phone where it won't take up to 45 seconds to render a WAP optimized page if I happen to have java enabled. I want a phone that streams youtube videos without a string of nearly continual errors.

Will I miss BB push email and BBM? You bet I will, but I'll get over it eventually. Now, if RIM gets their act together and puts out a powerful consumer device aimed at competing with the Droid/iPhone, I'll come back to the BB family. If not, then I'll just have to look back at all the good times I've had with my 2 BB's and move on.

08-27-10 04:13 AM
    I am staying with BBs because they are the most productive and at the same time simple smartphones.
    08-27-10 12:03 PM
    I have always seen bberrys as really great phones that are very good at doing stuff one can do on a computer. Other smartphones are to me computers that happen to make phone calls. I already have a computer at home even an ipad which is something in "between."

All i know is i keep coming back to bberrys and will probable continue to do so.
    08-27-10 12:16 PM
    I've been a VZW customer for about a decade and get good service with them, so I'll not be switching to get the Torch, whose specs really aren't all that impressive. So, unless Q3-Q4 2010 holds some astonishing new BB device on VZW, I'll be making the jump to the Droid X or Droid 2 (more than likely the 2). The Bold is simply not enough of an upgrade over the Tour for me to want to spend even a dime on it, and that's the best BB VZW is going to offer until maybe sometime in 2011?

I think of the Bold 9650 is for us Tour users like the Droid 2 is for Droid 1 users. If you're starting out at Bold 9650 or Droid 2, it's worth it. But if you're upgrading from the first version, it's not, imo. Now, if you get into that updated device for cheap on the user marketplace, then it might be worth it to get the extra features. But to waste an upgrade and lock yourself into a contract on it? I don't think so. I am expecting Storm 3 or whatever they're calling the next Storm, to come out in October / November 2010. That may be worth checking out, especially since I am leaning towards touchscreen Androids.
    08-27-10 12:22 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD