If this was a smartphone, I could plug in a memory chip and it would use it as more than a glorified Zip drive, it would treat it as native, usable memory.

If this was a smartphone, it would have a few basic applications pre-loaded, a real scheduler, word processor (I have a mini keyboard, ffs), Office document viewers, etc.

If this was a smartphone, users wouldnt be bouncing off the memory ceiling when they finally get the thing sorted out.

If this was a smartphone, I could open the box, activate it, and not have to become a forum junkie to make it do the things a smartphone should, and it would do them without spending a couple hundred bucks on cobbled together crap software from little one man shops.

If this was a smartphone, i would have my pick of freeware apps for virtually anything i wanted to do with it, instead of one mediocre payware or subscription service and a couple freeware competitors that cant be relied upon to work consistently.

The BB is a one-trick pony (push email) that is finding out that all the other ponies are learning its trick. Boy did I make a mistake taking the free "upgrade" my carrier offered. Meh, Treo's will be that much cheaper in a year. At least the QWERTY keyboard makes writing emails easier.
    07-23-08 09:34 AM
    wow, what a troll...go back to treocentral.com homey.
    I had a treo an my Curve BLOWS it away an thats an understatement
    07-23-08 09:39 AM
    Blackberry's aren't for everyone, and if you're within your 30 days, you can simply return it for a Treo. My Curve has several ponies, each doing their respective tricks and I'm loving it.
    07-23-08 09:39 AM
    Ya if you're not happy go back to your happy little treo land

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-08 09:43 AM
    Your first post. Wow. What an entrance....

If this was a smartphone, I could plug in a memory chip and it would use it as more than a glorified Zip drive, it would treat it as native, usable memory.

This is a cell phone, not a laptop. And in addition, this is why the "memoury chip" is referred to as a MEDIA CARD. It is for just that - MEDIA.

If this was a smartphone, it would have a few basic applications pre-loaded, a real scheduler, word processor (I have a mini keyboard, ffs), Office document viewers, etc.

Do your research - the new 4.5 OS offers Docs to Go. And as far as a "real" scheduler - what is wrong with the calender and tasks applications? Are they, um, fake???

If this was a smartphone, users wouldnt be bouncing off the memory ceiling when they finally get the thing sorted out.

Bouncing off the memoury ceiling... Ok I am not quite sure what you are trying to say here.. But I assume you are referring to the known "memoury leak." If you had searched and read through this forum before posting this, you would know that we are all aware of this, and have numerous tips to all but eliminate this issue.

If this was a smartphone, I could open the box, activate it, and not have to become a forum junkie to make it do the things a smartphone should, and it would do them without spending a couple hundred bucks on cobbled together crap software from little one man shops.

Oh I'm sorry - I must be mistaken. I thought there were forums online for pretty much EVERYTHING.. From other cell phones, to cars, to new mums, to wedding planning, to masochism..... Hmm.

Also not real sure what "cobbed together crap software" refers to...

If this was a smartphone, i would have my pick of freeware apps for virtually anything i wanted to do with it, instead of one mediocre payware or subscription service and a couple freeware competitors that cant be relied upon to work consistently.

Again, do your research. There are tons of great free apps out there. But like everything in life, stuff costs money. Sorry if some applications cost money due to the fact that, gasp, some companies design things to turn a profit. What a novel concept!

The BB is a one-trick pony (push email) that is finding out that all the other ponies are learning its trick. Boy did I make a mistake taking the free "upgrade" my carrier offered. Meh, Treo's will be that much cheaper in a year. At least the QWERTY keyboard makes writing emails easier.
    Bottom line: Blackberries are not for everyone!!!
    My best advice: If you don't want to take the time to learn about your Blackberry and everything it can do for you, take it back. You got a BLACKBERRY - not a Moto Razr. Perhaps the interface of that or, say, a Samsung flip phone would be easier for you to grasp.
    07-23-08 09:43 AM
    A smartphone is only smart as the user.

GIGO, FTW

07-23-08 09:45 AM
    Too funny. Especially when the Treo was referenced. Lol. Good one. You just made my day. I thank you very much!

07-23-08 09:47 AM
    What Jenay said also flies with me

Welcome to CrackBerry haha
    07-23-08 09:48 AM
    Lmao, what the *#*#! Thanks for the laughter. Treo? Lmao! Come on, you could have at least said another phone.

07-23-08 09:50 AM
    Too funny. Especially when the Treo was referenced. Lol. Good one. You just made my day. I thank you very much!

Lmao, what the *#*#! Thanks for the laughter. Treo? Lmao! Come on, you could have at least said another phone.

Come on you guys, at least the Treo has a cool stick you can poke the screen with....
    07-23-08 09:52 AM
    Your first post. Wow. What an entrance....

You got a BLACKBERRY - not a Moto Razr. Perhaps the interface of that or, say, a Samsung flip phone would be easier for you to grasp.

Wow...I'm gonna have to agree. Take your phone back if you are not willing to play and see what it could do! Should, coulda, woulda researched BB before u went out and bought one! I spend a long time researching before I finally decided on my berry!! And because I did so....I knew what I was getting and am VERY satisfied!!! Ever heard of a laptop?? Maybe that would be a better fit for u........Good luck.
    07-23-08 09:55 AM
    Yup, pretty much as bad as Apple fanboys. Ignore the criticism of the device, dont by any means reply to that. Instead brush up on your ad hominem skills. Hope that works out for you IRL.
    07-23-08 09:56 AM
    Yup, pretty much as bad as Apple fanboys. Ignore the criticism of the device, dont by any means reply to that. Instead brush up on your ad hominem skills. Hope that works out for you IRL.
    Thanks, glad to hear your opinion. Have a nice day

Sorry you are in denial about a good device. And the iPhone is a great device as well. I do not pride myself in my Berry or "fan-boi-ism" thank you very much...

So why don't you go be a Treo fan boy and use a forum dedicated for them... I could care less
    07-23-08 09:58 AM
    Wow...I'm gonna have to agree. Take your phone back if you are not willing to play and see what it could do! Should, coulda, woulda researched BB before u went out and bought one! I spend a long time researching before I finally decided on my berry!! And because I did so....I knew what I was getting and am VERY satisfied!!! Ever heard of a laptop?? Maybe that would be a better fit for u........Good luck.

w/e, it was free, and worth every dime I paid for it. I shouldnt need a laptop to run simple business/personal apps that any other smartphone does, should I?
    Jenay, you are the sh%t! That was great. Did he say Treo? May as well of said Razr. What a jokestick!
    w/e, it was free, and worth every dime I paid for it. I shouldnt need a laptop to run simple business/personal apps that any other smartphone does, should I?
    Name something you need to do on your Berry, I am sure it can be done. You obviously cannot figure it out and you are acting like an arrogant, smart, a$$hole...

Name something, you will hear a number of solutions. Or learn to search and find something for yourself...
    07-23-08 10:00 AM
    Um, I think I speak for most members here when I say that no one here has a problem with other devices, and let me ask you something: Did you read my post at all? Did I not address every single thing you said? Go ahead. Read it. I'll wait.

Done? Ok good. Every single device out there has issues - EVERY SINGLE ONE. In fact, everything in LIFE has issues! Cell phones, cars, appliances, heck, even PEOPLE. Nothing is absolutely perfect. And if you aren't willing to take the time to learn about things and get used to them and find ways around those imperfections, well, that's your issue. Not ours.

Now. Don't you have a Treo forum you should be registering for? Thanks for trying out, rookie.
    07-23-08 10:00 AM
    Jenay, you are the sh%t! That was great. Did he say Treo? May as well of said Razr. What a jokestick!
    Lol I know... Treo.... He might as well try to place outgoing calls on a calculator.
    07-23-08 10:01 AM
    Hahaha, doubt we'll see this tool, I mean troll again anyway... You could have at least said 'iPhone' instead of Treo & got some REAL fiery responses!

Kevin c'mon, is that you just stirring up posts to get closer to the million post or the 500,000 users mark????
    07-23-08 10:02 AM
    I love posts like this. I like to see all my pals lambast the OP!^^^
    07-23-08 10:04 AM
    @ Jenay: true indeed true indeed. When I first started reading it I thought he was going to say an ihpone. Which is a tad better but equally as laughable. Anywho, I'm done with this guy.

07-23-08 10:06 AM
    Rookie Jenay?? I was thinking waterboy! Mama says the Treo is the DEVIL! lmao
    07-23-08 10:07 AM
    Why so angry, that's a lot of energy to waste on a cell phone/PDA. Sounds like you really want an assistant. Lighten up!!

07-23-08 10:07 AM
    I love posts like this. I like to see all my pals lambast the OP!^^^
    If by "pals" you mean "brainwashed people who have invested so much time and money into this P.O.S. that they have to reflexively bash anybody who questions its perfection so that they can maintain the illusion that they didn't make a mistake, thus maintaining their self-image of infallibility" then you are 100% correct, sir.
    07-23-08 10:09 AM
    be open-minded!!

As Jenay said, everything is not perfect in life... known fact! And having an open attitude and willingness to try things is very beneficial!

Didn't you say you got it for free?? If so, and you do not want it... I will take it!!
    07-23-08 10:11 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD