View Poll Results: Who runs/owns their own business

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 60.47%
  • No

17 39.53%
    I wanted to run a poll to find out how many bb users run their own business? Im doing this for research on for my google contact sync app that im developing - see thread here
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/gmai...develop-51725/
    07-15-08 07:59 PM
    This really isnt going to be an accurate poll. 90% of the votes will be people with a business...others wont even bother to open the thread
    07-15-08 08:04 PM
    well, i do but i don't. my parents have their own business, but i help them run the business. so i voted no.
    07-15-08 08:55 PM
    I don't. Just wanted to keep the poll balanced.
    07-15-08 08:56 PM
    I have a small mens custom suit and tuxedo business handed down from an uncle looking to sell however hence my avitar penguins are our mascot
    07-15-08 09:09 PM
    I work at a store with 1 owner and 2 employees......I voted no but I have a lot to do with ordering and problem solving
    07-15-08 09:16 PM
    I Do i run a Mobile Detail business and this bb has made my life easier than my treo over 100 customers a week 3 phone call to schedule a day and sprint nav to get me there right on time. my Bluetooth always sync with my bb. its great
    07-15-08 09:21 PM
    I do. I own a fast food place. Family run - my father and I. We have three of them in town.
    07-16-08 12:09 AM
    I'm semi-retired but I run a PC repair business over here in Switzerland.
    07-16-08 01:31 AM
    No! Lol. I'm too broke to. Broke Phi Broke over here!
    07-16-08 01:34 AM
    among other things I own a corporation with two umbrella companies
    07-16-08 03:13 AM
    My husband and I own two businesses.
    We both grew up in households where our parents were self-employed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-08 03:25 AM
    I run my own business.
    07-16-08 05:12 AM
    I run a small graphic design business. Can't really be called a business considering that it's so small - but it gets work and so I'd say it was.

07-16-08 05:28 AM
    My wife and I both work, but we make extra money training horses. We have three horses in training. We start them then a friend takes them for specialized training.

07-16-08 05:33 AM
    My wife and I run a web development company. The wife works full time on it but im only part time and work for a government agency. The wife will stop working very shortly due to pregnancy and the fact she has decided to accept a university scholership. (she doesnt like the isolation that comes with a small business)
    07-16-08 06:44 AM
    I do and I run both, I have a courier service i bought from my dad and he and i just opened a upscale strip club, gotta love that one, and with any luck i will sell the courier service and focus solely on the strip club
    07-16-08 07:15 AM
    I do and I run both, I have a courier service i bought from my dad and he and i just opened a upscale strip club, gotta love that one, and with any luck i will sell the courier service and focus solely on the strip club
    Im not being smart arse - i genuinely would like to know how you and your dad got into the strip club business?

Regards
    07-16-08 07:33 AM
    I own a small marketing company based out of NJ.
    07-16-08 07:34 AM
    I am a mortgage broker (yeah and the market sucks) but I am connected to a broker house by I am my own, I come and go when I please. I like the freedom but not the lack of business
    07-16-08 07:44 AM
    Im not being smart arse - i genuinely would like to know how you and your dad got into the strip club business?

Regards
    well it started out me and one of his old business partners. when he wanted to whine and through a fit when he didnt get his way and started spending more money than we needed to and dangerously putting us WAY over budget. we had a little discussion that basically went, if you dont stop going over my head and doing stuff on your own with out my say so as well, then this is not going to work. he didnt like that and through yet another fit and stormed out. i waited a couple of days for him to cool down and return, but when he wouldnt return my calls, i went to the lawyer got him taken off the contract and thats where my dad stepped in and toke over his part. now its back to me and good ole pops back in business together
    07-16-08 08:12 AM
    I own a medical supplies distribution company. My BB is absolutely perfect for what I need.
    07-16-08 12:33 PM
    I don't - I just wanted to point out that you used the incorrect form of "there" (should be their) in the title of the post.
    07-16-08 01:59 PM
    I am a rare book collector and an old friend and I have formed a partnership/corporation that we hope will evolve into a rare book business eventually.

07-16-08 02:21 PM
    I don't - I just wanted to point out that you used the incorrect form of "there" (should be their) in the title of the post.
    Im a product of my times - grammer and spelling are very poor from my generation. I was taught grammer in year 7 at high school and from then on teachers never corrected me. All my friends are the same. I guess im one of the first from the spell check era.

PS - I dont think i can edit the post title....i dont know how or you not allowed.
    Last edited by staino; 07-16-08 at 05:34 PM. Reason: tried to edit original post title
    07-16-08 05:33 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD