Hey, I can see you making the money run but not all developers did that I'm sure. Can't blame you there. But what I've read of some of your posts you could care less about BBRY and that's cool too. I just don't want to support someone like that. I could be wrong as I have been before and will be again. I'm sure you'll do well anyway
    Well the majority of the apps are free, and no ads. So no worries about supporting me! Cheers!

You are right btw, I couldn't give a crap about the corporation BBRY or their stock. They make products and sell them for a profit. I buy their products if I like them, but I definitely don't have to care about the company to own one of their phones. But I do care about the customers, who are also my customers.

BTW, just a little tidbit...I'm developing an exclusive BB10 app that I'll be releasing (hopefully) concurrently with the Q10 release to the general public.
    Saiga likes this.
    03-23-13 09:59 PM
    How dare developers take advantage of the promotions that BlackBerry desperately wanted them to take advantage of!

Posted via CB10
    LOL I said I don't blame ya all. So what name are your apps under?
    03-23-13 10:00 PM
    How dare developers take advantage of the promotions that BlackBerry desperately wanted them to take advantage of!

Posted via CB10
    Lol, gotta love the self righteous, holier than thou crowd.
    Saiga likes this.
    03-23-13 10:00 PM
    Well the majority of the apps are free, and no ads. So no worries about supporting me! Cheers!

You are right btw, I couldn't give a crap about the corporation BBRY or their stock. They make products and sell them for a profit. I buy their products if I like them, but I definitely don't have to care about the company to own one of their phones. But I do care about the customers, who are also my customers.

BTW, just a little tidbit...I'm developing an exclusive BB10 app that I'll be releasing (hopefully) concurrently with the Q10 release to the general public.
    Well I could care less about BBRY the company and stock also. Yes I bought some stock with throw away money so if it tanks no big deal. From what I've read here and seen I think the Z10 will suit me just fine over the other options out there. So do you mind sharing at least one name of one of your apps? I'd like to read the reviews and don't worry I'm not going to leave anything there as I don't even own one yet.
    03-23-13 10:04 PM
    Well I could care less about BBRY the company and stock also. Yes I bought some stock with throw away money so if it tanks no big deal. From what I've read here and seen I think the Z10 will suit me just fine over the other options out there. So do you mind sharing at least one name of one of your apps? I'd like to read the reviews and don't worry I'm not going to leave anything there as I don't even own one yet.
    PM'd
    03-23-13 10:06 PM
    Lol, gotta love the self righteous, holier than thou crowd.
    Yes they are wonderful aren't they. No self righteousness here I just don't like what I see here.
    sleepngbear and RussBerry007 like this.
    03-23-13 10:06 PM
    PM'd
    Thanks, must be some CB issues or it takes awhile to come in.

Edit: Got the PM, thanks
    03-23-13 10:08 PM
    Taking advantage of a generous promotion is one thing. Submitting crap is entirely another. If you are a developer, you should stand by what you post here by listing your apps in your sig. Many do.
    You realize that BlackBerry themselves set the standards and terms of the promotions right? So whose to blame if a developer can qualify with crap? The developer that did everything required of them to qualify? Or BlackBerry that has zero standards when it comes to apps?

Posted via CB10
    mikeo007 and bobauckland like this.
    03-23-13 10:13 PM
    Any proof of this? No? Thanks for coming out.
    Already posted in this thread.

You could try reading.
    03-23-13 10:17 PM
    Already posted in this thread.

You could try reading.
    Lol your 'proof' is BS and was debunked. Stop trolling.
    bobauckland likes this.
    03-23-13 10:19 PM
    You realize that BlackBerry themselves set the standards and terms of the promotions right? So whose to blame if a developer can qualify with crap? The developer that did everything required of them to qualify? Or BlackBerry that has zero standards when it comes to apps?

Posted via CB10
    Yes I know they accept a lot of crap to pad the numbers I wouldn't say they have zero standards unless you can show me the other app stores have absolutely no crap in them.
    03-23-13 10:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    I deleted the post because frankly, the arguments here are strictly tech blog crap and even a thread meant to be a joke turns into a platform war. Who cares if the OP was doing it at the expense of Apple? It's a BLACKBERRY fan site.

I'll just say it again, just because they run that promotion does not mean a developer should submit crap for it if they are fully capable of better. Were you capable of submitting much better? It really says a lot about the type of person you are if you could. I wouldn't give a damn if they would award me a shiny new Corvette and all I need to do is submit a crap app. If I care about my work, they'll get my best or at least something I put some work and thought into and that's final.

My 2 pennies.
    Toodeurep and sleepngbear like this.
    03-23-13 10:21 PM
    Just for the record, I have no issue with people taking advantage of that.

Because obviously RIM/Blackberry would have never made such an offer if it weren't for the fact of all the analysts and pundits and other brainless dweebs with large megaphones and brainless followers that would crucify them if they couldn't demonstrate some impressive number of apps in their store.

Honestly, I blame the twits who fixate on such numbers more than I blame Blackberry for acknowledging that if they don't placate those twits, their platform will never get off the ground.
    03-23-13 10:22 PM
    Lol your 'proof' is BS and was debunked. Stop trolling.
    Cite please.

Turns out I didn't provide a link when I mentioned the claim originally here.

400,000 apps in the App Store have never been downloaded says report

Oh and remember: less confrontation and more information.
    03-23-13 10:27 PM
    Cite please.

Turns out I didn't provide a link when I mentioned the claim originally here.

400,000 apps in the App Store have never been downloaded says report

Oh and remember: less confrontation and more information.
    Last time I posted it you said you had no time to watch the video. So I have no time to read your link. No confrontation, what you're doing is the definition of trolling. You have no intention of a reasonable debate or accepting any evidence contrary to yours.

But if it's the same link that the trolls drag around this forum, it's already been debunked every time. The company themselves have even since issued a new statement after Apple proved them wrong.
    bobauckland likes this.
    03-23-13 10:31 PM
    Last time I posted it you said you had no time to watch the video. So I have no time to read your link. No confrontation, what you're doing is the definition of trolling. You have no intention of a reasonable debate or accepting any evidence contrary to yours.

But if it's the same link that the trolls drag around this forum, it's already been debunked every time. The company themselves have even since issued a new statement after Apple proved them wrong.

I provided the evidence, you're just squalling and waving your hands around and providing nothing in the way of information except the personal attacks as usual.

I'm sure you'll find another excuse after I post the following, but this will take away your last excuse:

Would you be surprised to hear that more than 60% of the apps in the App Store have never been downloaded, even once? That's the conclusion of analytical firm Adeven. The latter even counted the number of flashlight apps and found that Apple iPhone users in need of a quick light have 1,899 choices. Christian Henschel, Adeven CEO, said that there are only a "couple of thousand apps" that get downloaded in number from Apple's on-line applications store.

The sad thing about this is that it goes against the hopes and dreams of a number of small developers who read about the success that major developers are having. It's easy to see a game like Angry Birds take off, make a ton of moola, and think that this money tree can be easily planted. The reality is that it takes money for promotion and a whole lot of luck. Adeven CEO Henschel says that without a proper search mechanism in the App Store, the only way to get noticed is through the lists showing the top titles.

Apptrace offers free analytics for app developers

Adeven is promoting its free analytic service Apptrace which collects iOS app data in the 155 countries that support the App Store. Besides measuring how specific apps measure up in the entire store, Apptrace will soon be able to compare data for app vs. app analytics. Adeven will be introducing a unified SDK to handle the analytics for multiple ad brokers that a developer might use. Amazing that as recently as five years ago, there was no need for a company like Adeven and now it is filling a giant hole for information used by developers.

Adeven will start providing Android analytics in the fourth quarter and it will be interesting to see if there are as many dead apps in the Google Play Store as found in the App Store.

source: Adeven via GigaOM
    03-23-13 10:39 PM
    I provided the evidence, you're just squalling and waving your hands around and providing nothing in the way of information except the personal attacks as usual.

I'm sure you'll find another excuse after I post the following, but this will take away your last excuse:
    Sorry, not taking any more of your troll bait. Welcome to ignore.

And for one last hurrah:
    http://techcrunch.com/2012/09/12/ios...d-every-month/
    http://thenextweb.com/apple/2012/09/...d-every-month/
    http://blog.appversal.com/app-store-...phone-5-event/
    http://blog.gsmarena.com/apple-app-s...ed-each-month/
    03-23-13 10:40 PM
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don�t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you�re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won�t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    mikeo007 and Omnitech like this.
    03-23-13 10:54 PM
118 ... 345