If you think about it WE are the prosumers, yes the members of crackberry not your typical clueless high school friend or your sister. For a few days now everybody been wondering who are the prosumers? Well people who sideload apps, install new leaks and manage our time wisely other then play stupid 10 minute games on our smartphones and upload 10 instagram videos/photos when we go out with our friends downtown.

No need to worry about what will happen to your Z10 or Q10 if blackberry EVER decide to sell off its hardware division. I feel if blackberry can license BB10 to let's say Asus or HTC and THEY will push the specs of the device WHILE we can still have use our BB10 I DON'T see blackberry dying at all then! Just imagine blackberry keep pumping out OS updates (10.3, 10.4, 10.5 etc') all while phone makers will raise popularity for the OS and that will attract developers and honestly once we see let's say instagram, Netflix and other big name apps come out what is really stopping people from choosing the phone? Phone makers will be in the phone spec race, meanwhile BB10 will offer something fresh to the table and no stupid consumers could say dumb things like "who still uses a BlackBerry?" because other popular phone makers will be producing the phones!

Honestly though! What does a phone like a Z10 or a Z30 offer hardware wise that Samsung or HTC can't offer? Nothing I can think of

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 12:42 AM
    A screen with the BlackBerry logo on it. ... ? *shrug*

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 01:01 AM
    I don't care what they want to label me, as long as I'm able to still buy their phones.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 01:46 AM
    Oh, you one percenters with your haughty attitudes.....

Do you remember when bb was failing and they decided it was necessary to focus on the consumer market to save themselves? Yeah, sorry, this isn't a "plan to save blackberry", its merely a way to cut costs to salvage value for the sale.

If you think about it WE are the prosumers, yes the members of crackberry not your typical clueless high school friend or your sister. For a few days now everybody been wondering who are the prosumers? Well people who sideload apps, install new leaks and manage our time wisely other then play stupid 10 minute games on our smartphones and upload 10 instagram videos/photos when we go out with our friends downtown.

No need to worry about what will happen to your Z10 or Q10 if blackberry EVER decide to sell off its hardware division. I feel if blackberry can license BB10 to let's say Asus or HTC and THEY will push the specs of the device WHILE we can still have use our BB10 I DON'T see blackberry dying at all then! Just imagine blackberry keep pumping out OS updates (10.3, 10.4, 10.5 etc') all while phone makers will raise popularity for the OS and that will attract developers and honestly once we see let's say instagram, Netflix and other big name apps come out what is really stopping people from choosing the phone? Phone makers will be in the phone spec race, meanwhile BB10 will offer something fresh to the table and no stupid consumers could say dumb things like "who still uses a BlackBerry?" because other popular phone makers will be producing the phones!

Honestly though! What does a phone like a Z10 or a Z30 offer hardware wise that Samsung or HTC can't offer? Nothing I can think of

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 06:55 AM
    The "prosumer" thing doesn't make sense.

What's a prosumer? A consumer with semi-professional needs. A photographer who gets a Nikon D800 instead of the professional D3/D4, for example.

The prosumer model is right between the consumer market and the professional market in terms of capability/quality and price.

Do you see the problem here?

In the cellphone market, the premium handsets, that professionals might get, are priced at the same 6-700 dollars that consumers pay. The Z10 was originally priced there anyways! Does Blackberry expect to price their next phone at $999?!?

Quality wise, the Z10/Z30 aren't anything special either. They're made of the same dull, plastic that midrange phones are made of. The screens and cameras are average, and the internals (aside from the 2GB RAM) are midrange components, pretty far from the CPUs we see in high end handsets.

Blackberry planning to sell to corporate/government customers make perfect sense, but they don't have the devices to sell to "prosumers" and their existing devices didnt sell at "prosumer" prices.
    09-23-13 07:15 AM
    A "prosumer" is someone who bought into BB10 and just got told (in a roundabout way) that apps aren't coming to their platform.

The "prosumer" thing doesn't make sense.

What's a prosumer?
    09-23-13 07:20 AM
    What's a prosumer? A consumer with semi-professional needs.
    Actually, a "prosumer" is an enterprise-using (or potentially enterprise-using) professional with consumer needs and wants. Which eliminates about 95% of the posters here because they are simply consumers.
    09-23-13 07:52 AM
    Actually, a "prosumer" is an enterprise-using (or potentially enterprise-using) professional with consumer needs and wants. Which eliminates about 95% of the posters here because they are simply consumers.
    Invalid.

Can't compare us here on crackberry to normal consumers who buy phones just because you're friends bought them, and the only use they have for is listening to music or take selfies.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Pegon_Fighter; 09-23-13 at 02:47 PM.
    09-23-13 01:11 PM
    So far, it's seems more like some empty words thrown around that allows the die hard fanboys to stroke their ego with and feel smuggy than anything else (ie, I'm a PRO-sumer, not a con-sumer). Sort of like the tool not toys promotion...
    09-23-13 05:57 PM