I was recently discussing with someone about the situation when someone shares your Blackberry PIN without you knowing about it, and the topic was privacy violation. So that made me wonder, who owns the Blackberry PIN? Is the PIN property of the user? Can it be considered personal data that no one else can share without an authorization?

What do you think about this topic? Any legal cases you know about someone being sued because shared a PIN without the user authorization? Any privacy laws broken?

09-03-11 03:29 PM
    I'm a 23 M from Toronto
    Love the movies, nature, art and philosophy.
    BBm Pin: 27C78BAB
    Accepting invites from girls only!

P.S. This is Strictly for Legal Researching purposes
    09-03-11 03:33 PM
    I would look into legal prescident for privacy violations with regards to giving out phone numbers.

If non exsist, then there would be no prescident for legal action against someone sharing your PIN.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-11 04:18 PM
    Are you even remotely serious? you think that if you give someone your PIN and tell them you don't want it to be given out they are under some legal obligation not to disclose it to someone else?

Unless you had them sign a legal contract in order to receive your PIN that stipulates they will not divulge the PIN to anyone else there is no case. in reality it is little different than giving someone your phone number and they pass it on to someone else. there is no legal violation unless as I previously stated they had some contractual obligation with you not to divulge the Pin/Phone number.
    09-03-11 05:07 PM
    Once you give information out to someone else (a third party) (be it your PIN, phone number, email address or whatever), you have pretty much given up any expectation of privacy unless that person was bound by some sort of confidentiality agreement or responsibility.
    09-03-11 06:18 PM
    As the PIN is a unique identifier specific to each BB I'd say RIM owns the PIN. You can't take the PIN with you to a new BB. It is tied to one and only one BB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-11 07:37 PM