I like Instagram because of the social media aspect. I can post a picture to FB and Twitter with a few clicks.
    12-02-12 02:25 PM
    I like Instagram because of the social media aspect. I can post a picture to FB and Twitter with a few clicks.
    Using an app like Photo Studio, you can add your filter, save, then post to Facebook or Twitter. The effort is pretty much comparable.
    12-02-12 02:30 PM
    Using an app like Photo Studio, you can add your filter, save, then post to Facebook or Twitter. The effort is pretty much comparable.
    How many users are there for Photo Studio as opposed to Instagram? How many platforms support Photo Studio?
    12-02-12 03:00 PM
    I think I would be safe in saying that most people don't do anything with their pix other than post them to Facebook etc, which doesn't require any additional software, just a couple clicks on my BB and my pix are on FB for all my friends and family to see. So for me instagram is a hard sell, but to each his own. I do realize that RIM should have it in BB 10 for no other reason than the positive optics it creates.

Jon
    Rello likes this.
    12-02-12 03:10 PM
    How many users are there for Photo Studio as opposed to Instagram? How many platforms support Photo Studio?
    Photo Studio is simply a comprehensive photo editing app connected to the main Social Networks, it is not a social network in itself.
    12-02-12 03:14 PM
    Not having Instagram on a phone these days is like not having Twitter or Facebook. Whether YOU use them or not its a social standard. Months from now, another app will become popular. Just have to deal with it and keep up.
    12-02-12 03:41 PM
    There's one big difference. Instagram is free.99 where as you have to pay for photo studio (correct me if I'm wrong)...Instagram's has over 80 million users, how many does photo studio have?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    12-02-12 03:47 PM
    I think I would be safe in saying that most people don't do anything with their pix other than post them to Facebook etc, which doesn't require any additional software, just a couple clicks on my BB and my pix are on FB for all my friends and family to see. So for me instagram is a hard sell, but to each his own. I do realize that RIM should have it in BB 10 for no other reason than the positive optics it creates.

Jon
    This is perfectly meeting in middle. An "apologist" wouldn't make a statment such as yours. Honestly instagram is a app I'm not sure I'll use cause I don't currently have a facebook or twitter but I also acknowledge that it needs to be in App World whether I want it there or not.
    12-02-12 04:06 PM
    There's one big difference. Instagram is free.99 where as you have to pay for photo studio (correct me if I'm wrong)...Instagram's has over 80 million users, how many does photo studio have?

Precisely.
    Instagram is not just an editing tool, it's a sharing network as well. You can post pics to other people or not, but if you choose to share it you can edit and share on the fly.

Instagram is there for iOS and Android. How many platforms support Photo Studio and what is the penetration?

For those who want talk about it as an alternative to Instagram, then they need to have Photo Studio be available to iOS and Android as well as BB. Otherwise it is not an alternative to Instagram; rather, it's a BB specific app like BBM.

How many people use Photo Studio and is it available cross platform????

Anyone? Proponents of Photo Studio???? Answer????????
    shemaree09 likes this.
    12-02-12 04:07 PM
    Jon
    THAT response is what I have been saying all along. The people who don't want it don't have to use it. The people who want it should have it.

RIM MUST adapt to the changing demands of the consumer market if it is to remain a player in North America. If it doesn't want to be a player in North America, then the requirements are different.
    12-02-12 04:12 PM
    Who needs Instagram?

Just anybody who's anybody! Basically, every teenager and college student with a social life. But you don't have to worry about that because those people who have to have Instagram probably aren't using Blackberries, anyways.
    12-02-12 04:17 PM

Also, the photo filters are just ONE aspect. Its also a huge social network.

The only thing really saving Blackberry by not having Instagram, is that most people post their instagram pics on Twitter.
    12-02-12 04:22 PM
    Who needs Instagram?

Just anybody who's anybody! Basically, every teenager and college student with a social life. But you don't have to worry about that because those people who have to have Instagram probably aren't using Blackberries, anyways.
    Instagram is not just for teens and college kids. Many grown adults share photos daily. In addition to many celebrities.

And the reason they aren't using Blackberry because there is no app! OS 7 Blackberry's are MORE than capable of handling Instagram, its just that app devs see no reason because of few users of BB's. Catch 22.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    12-02-12 04:26 PM
    Who needs Instagram?

::headdesk::

Cue Q...
    12-02-12 04:32 PM
    ::headdesk::

Cue Q...
    See.....I thought it was a joke......you know, sarcasm...

No?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    12-02-12 04:46 PM
    Instagram is not just for teens and college kids. Many grown adults share photos daily. In addition to many celebrities.

And the reason they aren't using Blackberry because there is no app! OS 7 Blackberry's are MORE than capable of handling Instagram, its just that app devs see no reason because of few users of BB's. Catch 22.
    Very true! That issue you mentioned about the devs lack of interest due to small market share is what RIM is going to have a hard time getting over. As you said it's a catch 22, the small number of devs making apps relates to a smaller app market. People want apps though, and due to BB app world having a small number of apps people go to other platforms like Android or iOS. Now due to that, BB has a smaller market share, causing the lack of dev interest.
    12-02-12 04:48 PM
    For most people, the line between the popular apps and FEATURES is invisible. They are both things you can do on your phone. Missing features are reasons to choose a different phone. Do the math.

I don't care about Instagram, but it's good that BB10 will have it. BBOS has a lot of fancy email features that I've never used too, but I'm glad they're there.
    12-02-12 04:49 PM
    I'm still waiting for the answer to my questions. They seem to be conveniently ignored by the proponents of Photo Studio....

How many people use Photo Studio?
    Penetration?
    Cross platform?
    12-02-12 04:54 PM
    If you want a good replacement at the moment get PicMix, I just got it and best Instagram Blackberry replacement I have tested. Works smooth, not very buggy, good for captioning photos like I wanted to use it for. No friends using it currently but I am going to suggest it to people. Seems to be cross platform from what I read about it.

I just downloaded PixMix and sent a Christmas Photo to Facebook.
    I wish there were more adjustment filters than just contrast and brightness.

Can't wait for BB10!!!!
    12-02-12 04:55 PM
    This is perfectly meeting in middle. An "apologist" wouldn't make a statment such as yours. Honestly instagram is a app I'm not sure I'll use cause I don't currently have a facebook or twitter but I also acknowledge that it needs to be in App World whether I want it there or not.
    ****psssttt....hey....you don't need FB or Twitter to use it.....I send it to groups that I belong to such as dog breed groups, dog training groups, and equestrian groups I belong to.....******
    12-02-12 04:57 PM
    Lol this thread made me curious to play around with the pic editor on my phone since I've never really done it. I just take pics and send them without adding a filter or effect. But this stuff is kinda cool!

Tre Lawrence likes this.
    12-02-12 05:24 PM
    I'm still waiting for the answer to my questions. They seem to be conveniently ignored by the proponents of Photo Studio....

How many people use Photo Studio?
    Penetration?
    Cross platform?
    It's irrelevant, people can use any photo app to edit their blackberry photos and post them to Facebook or Twitter, it's not a social network, photo studio it's just a very good photo editing apps.
    12-02-12 05:27 PM
    What's an instagram? Sounds like some sort of express cocaine delivery service :-)
    anon3969612 likes this.
    12-02-12 05:38 PM
    It's irrelevant, people can use any photo app to edit their blackberry photos and post them to Facebook or Twitter, it's not a social network, photo studio it's just a very good photo editing apps.
    But that's kinda the point. It proves that Photo Studio isn't exactly a substitute for Instagram because Instagram *IS* it's own social network in addition to editing photos and sharing them on fb, twitter, etc. Heck most phones' stock camera app can do that now.
    shemaree09 likes this.
    12-02-12 05:41 PM
    Lol this thread made me curious to play around with the pic editor on my phone since I've never really done it. I just take pics and send them without adding a filter or effect. But this stuff is kinda cool!

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...2-02122330.png
    Interesting how someone so gorgeous can be so crazy...

*flees*
    Cesare21 likes this.
    12-02-12 05:41 PM
249 ... 34567 ...