Bloomberg put out a piece recently suggesting a masterful hardware espionage plot was carried out by the Chinese government. In the article, a victim " boxed up several servers and sent them to Ontario, Canada, for the third-party security company to test".

Hmmmm....does anyone know of a reputable third-party Canadian security company with some serious credentials in secure hardware manufacturing?

Was it a coincidence the Bloomberg article came out during the Blackberry Security Summit?

Are there any other companies with programs as advanced as Blackberry's for Secure device manufacturing?

Is a secure manufacturing program the REAL jewel in Blackberry's portfolio
    10-08-18 04:46 AM
    It's a mystery....
    10-08-18 07:33 AM
    Hmmmm....does anyone know of a reputable third-party Canadian security company with some serious credentials in secure hardware manufacturing?
    Was this company still just known as an also-ran device manufacturer when the servers were shipped in 2015?
    10-08-18 11:40 AM
    For now I think the Jewel in BlackBerry's portfolio is QNX and Automotive.....
    10-08-18 11:56 AM
    For now I think the Jewel in BlackBerry's portfolio is QNX and Automotive.....
    And Enterprise of Things + Security through with UEM, BES(ish), and Medical QNX.
    Would make sense with their expertise on enterprise security.
    10-08-18 10:31 PM
    I don't know about that. This video suggests blackberry can make some serious lettuce teaching other companies how avoid an apocalypse ... (Its a poorly edited spoof, please treat it as such)
    10-09-18 09:54 AM
    Funny, it didn't take long for this to show up ;-) https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...=technology-vp
    10-10-18 04:11 AM