I want to know who the top dogs are here so I can always go to them for help, I'm tired of getting third party half step answers to questions.
    03-23-10 10:02 PM
    How many questions have you asked?? you only joined today and the only thing i se you saying is that you hate BB.

someone opened up a second account . <----hint lol

I want to know who the top dogs are here so I can always go to them for help, I'm tired of getting third party half step answers to questions.
    03-23-10 10:06 PM
    Really??? This is a discussion forum, that's what we do is talk.

To answer your question though. The most knowledgeable user is that little link thing at the top of every page that has that little down arrow on it with the word "search" next to it. Always refer to that before asking a question, any question...
    03-23-10 10:08 PM
    Really??? This is a discussion forum, that's what we do is talk.

To answer your question though. The most knowledgeable user is that little link thing at the top of every page that has that little down arrow on it with the word "search" next to it. Always refer to that before asking a question, any question...
    well thanks a lot for your help. I hope you enjoy your disfunctional blackberry.
    03-26-10 11:32 PM
    PMing an individual for an answer defeats the purpose of a forum. Ask your questions, and we'll all take our best shots at answering them. There are many very sharp members here. Post count is not a good indicator; we all started at 1, regardless of our experience level.

As far as getting vetted answers to questions that have already been asked, the Mods move posts to the How To and FAQ forum when they are found to be especially helpful or knowledgeable. Users can post in those threads, but they can't put the thread there initially. So if you find an answer there, that means one or more mods thought it was correct and helpful and maybe the best answer to a particular question. Nothing is perfect, though.
    03-26-10 11:41 PM
    OP, you need two things. First, a reality check and second a chill pill.

Knowledge is relative, you have to understand that. If one or two people knew everything then you would never get an answer as they would be too busy answering. The nice thing about an open forum is the amount of accumulated knowledge present. Even the guru's learn a thing or two from time to time. The trick is to weed out the less than useful answers and go with the ones that work for you.

If you are having a problem then the most knowledgeable person may not even know how to help you based on their experiences, the information you provide or any number of factors present. I've done my time in tech support so I could write a book on this.

As for chilling out, why come here and bash BlackBerry? Either you are just a troll who just wants to start a flame war or you are frustrated beyond belief by some problem. If the latter is the case then just spell it out and we'll help. I'm half a bottle of rum into the night and at a crossroads, anger or crying sympathy. The choice is yours.
    03-26-10 11:46 PM
    well thanks a lot for your help. I hope you enjoy your functional blackberry.
    No problem, that's what were here for, to help each other out... Oh, and there was a typo in your post, so I edited it for you, your welcome for that too. And, Yes I'm really enjoy my BB, best phone ever, just like the one I had before.

Finally, don't be afraid to use the search function, and ask questions when needed.
    03-26-10 11:46 PM
    Jeff's point is well taken but he left one thing out. I doubt anybody (well, most anybody) wants a bazillion "help me" PMs to deal with. Posting them publicly distributes the load and, people can choose to respond or not to, they don't have to feel pressured into helping someone. Besides, I've yet to know the absolute, almighty, always right, never wrong, perfect answer to everything, person here.

Finally, after seeing so many of your negative posts, I'm curious as to why you'd even feel the need for help, you seem to target those who have a great deal of info/knowledge. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....
    03-26-10 11:50 PM
    No problem, that's what were here for, to help each other out... Oh, and there was a typo in your post, so I edited it for you, your welcome for that too. And, Yes I'm really enjoy my BB, best phone ever, just like the one I had before.

Finally, don't be afraid to use the search function, and ask questions when needed.
    well you sure are kind arent ya. I never really asked for the spell check but I guess that shows your calling must be an english teacher!

why would an english teacher need a blackberry, isnt it completely for business men? I mean the UI is bland, the features are a minimum, so I would guess it is a business phone right? Not consumer targeted.
    03-26-10 11:51 PM
    This is not going to go anywhere. You've been given great advice and still insist
    upon slagging people trying to assist you. Enough.
    03-26-10 11:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD