The IRS released a free app, IRS2Go, last month for the iPhone and Android to track refund status. According to an IRS spokesperson, there are no immediate plans for an app for the BlackBerry smartphone. So are there really fewer BB among all tax-paying cell phone users? Whether one would use this or not is a separate question, but my tax dollars are supporting the distribution of a "free" app I cannot use. C'mon IRS, show BB some LOVE.
    02-06-11 06:54 AM
    It's not just the IRS, it's lots of people.

Tweetdeck have an iPhone and Android app but no plans for a Blackberry app
    ECB have an iPhone and Android and even Nokia app but no plans for a Blackberry app
    Lots of supermarkets have iPhone and Android apps but no plans for BB apps.

It's the huge downside to Blackberry. Owning a Blackberry is very much great from operational point of view but very much 3rd world from an app availability point of view.
    02-06-11 07:16 AM
    The Majority of Blackberry's on the market are just horrible to develp for, and there are sooo many OS versions to support, after more devices start using OS6 and then 6.1 and then QNX the app support should improve for Blackberry's

OS6. Is leaps and bounds over OS5 for building apps, QNX promises to be the same jump over OS6

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-11 07:47 AM
    I was in constant contact with a developer of the Air1 app. I had it on my old Curve and wanted it on my 9700. He said the same thing as deRusett...there are just too many OS's and variations to keep up quickly with updates.
    02-06-11 07:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD