Okay,

I was just wondering -- and I know we all love are blackberries -- but who here carries more than one phone; be it for work, personal, etc?

I myself carry a Treo Pro and a Tour, and I generally use the tour more for Business, and the Treo Pro more for personal use. But I also find I carry the Treo Pro sometimes to make up for the lack of wifi in some places.

There are things I like and dislike about the tour, and things I like and dislike about the Treo Pro. Still havent came accross the perfect phone.

So, just some general discussion: Who else out there is a gadget freak, needs a second phone for work, or just can't live without a certain feature? What is your reasoning?
    08-19-09 12:50 PM
    I have two phones but I only carry one of them at a time usually. If I go out for a ride on my motorcycle and I know I'm coming back home when I'm done I just bring a prepaid for emergencies. And if I crash I won't hurt my precious berry.

Rarely carry it other than those select situations but if I am going away I will bring it as a backup.
    08-19-09 01:13 PM
    I did at one time. Too much of a pain to carry 2 devices around so that lasted maybe a month or two
    08-19-09 01:17 PM
    I carry my beloved Storm and a Tour. They are both my personal phones although i do get my company email on them.
    08-19-09 01:31 PM
    I carry Bold and company Nokia - quite often I do call forwarding to my Bold as it's "behaving" better and looks better...
    08-19-09 01:50 PM
    I carry my storm and a Razr on metroPCS. The razr is easy to make phone calls on and doesn't take 3 mins to reboot.
    08-19-09 01:52 PM
    Just recently got into the two phone carrying. One is for personal and one is for business. Don't know how long that is going to last though. Lol. But I am liking the new 8900 curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 02:19 PM
    I have my Tour for personal and a Nextel for work...
    08-19-09 02:23 PM
    Curve 8900 and E71x (for work). Still use the BB for work quite
    a lot though.
    08-19-09 02:26 PM
    Carried a Blackberry and iPhone 3G for a couple of months at one time.
    Became a pain.
    08-19-09 02:33 PM
    I carried an 8830WE and an iPhone for about a month. That was an adventure in pocket crowding.
    08-19-09 02:35 PM
    So happy I carry a purse. I definately don't want to have crowded pockets. Lol.

08-19-09 02:39 PM
    Carrying both those phones, keys, wallet, gum and knife gets pretty messed up when you're wearing one pair of jeans.

Especially when the phones each need their own pocket so neither of them get scratched by each other or the keys/knife.
    08-19-09 11:25 PM
    For some its a necessity to have 2 phones. I have a tour (for work) and a Motorola VU204 (for personal, can't beat free phones). My firm requires everyone who with a firm issued BB to have their own private line. Its not cool to have a client call you at 3am on sunday morning. And our clients will in do that if they ever got a hold of our personal cell phone numbers.
    08-19-09 11:33 PM
    I carry the 8900 and G1
    08-19-09 11:58 PM
    I have my curve and was issued some large rugged motorola thing for work. I ended up setting up my work phone to call forward to my BB. Now I only carry one phone and I'm so glad it's a blackberry. Although now I take my iPod touch with me everywhere too.
    08-20-09 12:13 AM
    Carry my personal 9630 in a holster and my work issued 8703e in my pocket. Carry both during working hours only.
    08-20-09 12:48 AM
    Carrying both those phones, keys, wallet, gum and knife gets pretty messed up when you're wearing one pair of jeans.
    opposed to two pairs of jeans? jp.

have two, carry personal.
    08-20-09 12:57 AM
    who here carries more than one phone
    I used to have two cell phones but the reason wasn't to have two devices, it was to have two carriers. I had Verizon and AT&T because one was terrible in one area I frequently traveled and the other was bad in another area I needed to frequently travel. Between the two, I could get acceptable service wherever I went.

Then I moved to Southern California in 2000 and signed up with T-Mobile and I've been happy with their coverage and only need one carrier.

The idea of also maintaining TWO cell phones and doing all the customizations and maintenance and everything is a nightmare. I'd never do that again.
    08-20-09 02:35 AM
    I carry a T-Mobile 8900 & a Verizon Samsung (can't remeber the model number; it's just a basic flip phone).

I use the 8900 as a mix of both work and personal. The Verizon phone is for business/emergencies. I used to travel pretty extensively before transferring to my current location. T-Mo's service is iffy in some areas I had to travel through.

08-20-09 04:05 AM
    I carry three phones;

BB 9500 - for emails
    BB 8830 - Official Phone
    Nokia 5800 - Personal Number
    08-20-09 06:46 AM
    I have my curve and was issued some large rugged motorola thing for work. I ended up setting up my work phone to call forward to my BB. Now I only carry one phone and I'm so glad it's a blackberry. Although now I take my iPod touch with me everywhere too.
    battery backup?
    08-20-09 06:50 AM
    I carried my 8320 and a nokia e61 for a while, e61 was just for surfing the net as well as using it as a modem if needed.

Now I only carry the 8320 with me. Only if it had 3g as well(not for extra speed but to be able to handle calls and internet at the same time), maybe a bold next time

08-20-09 08:03 AM
    I carry a Samsung for making phone calls and texts, my Curve won't hold charge a day with phone calls from work. Still saving up for an extended battery though, carrying two phones is too painful.
    08-20-09 08:05 AM
    I carry three phones;

BB 9500 - for emails
    BB 8830 - Official Phone
    Nokia 5800 - Personal Number
    Sweet Jesus. You must be a very busy man.
    08-20-09 08:11 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD