I was just wondering how is it possible to have more than one BB in use on a contract unless you have a family with BB. I noticed a lot of people have more than one they use on this forum. What does it do for your needs and how do you do it?
    01-13-11 01:35 PM
    My 8130 sits in a box.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-11 01:49 PM
    Well there's 3 active on my acct so far- my daughter, son & mine and my 8330 is tucked away in its original box.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-11 01:58 PM
    I currently have a 9800 and a 9100. All I do is swap out the SIM cards and I'm good to go.

Why? I like the bigger screen of the 9800 sometimes and other times I prefer the form factor and keyboard of the 9100. From a function standpoint, not much changes.
    01-13-11 02:24 PM
    I was just wondering how is it possible to have more than one BB in use on a contract unless you have a family with BB. I noticed a lot of people have more than one they use on this forum. What does it do for your needs and how do you do it?
    You could have 20 BB's and use them on one line. All you have to do is switch out the SIM card (GSM), or change out the ESN # (CDMA), switch the PIN over on the BIS and your up and running.

I currently have a 9800 and a 9100. All I do is swap out the SIM cards and I'm good to go.

Why? I like the bigger screen of the 9800 sometimes and other times I prefer the form factor and keyboard of the 9100. From a function standpoint, not much changes.
    You have always been a proponent of the Pearl series haven't you! I just couldn't seem to get used to the keyboard... To each his own!
    01-13-11 03:14 PM
    My Curve served as backup for my primary, plus being a test bed for software testing until I gifted it to a family member.

The Pearl SureType keyboard is awesome, but it does takes some time to learn to use it. Predictive word choices and in-line spelling corrections make it awesome.
    01-13-11 03:40 PM
    switch the PIN over on the BIS and your up and running.
    With the new BIS (I think that's the reason) you don't need to do this. It is all automatic. Well on AT&T at least

You have always been a proponent of the Pearl series haven't you! I just couldn't seem to get used to the keyboard... To each his own!
    No secret there . It is purely a personal opinion but I have always thought the Pearl series had / has the best k/board from BB.
    01-13-11 04:09 PM
    I own 4 BBs but only have a Tour in use and active... Sorry but that is all I can afford to handle in these times!
    01-13-11 09:22 PM
    I run my 9800 and my 9300 at the same time, 2 different Carriers, my other 2 devices have been retired.
    01-13-11 09:32 PM
    Between my wife and I, there are six in the house somewhere. A Pearl, Curve, Tour (her current active phone), Storm, and Torch (my current active).
    01-13-11 09:39 PM
    With the new BIS (I think that's the reason) you don't need to do this. It is all automatic. Well on AT&T at least
    Yeah, I know on VZW it will automatically recognize a new PIN number, but you have to switch the ESN# in order for the handset to be active on the network. I had just thought that it would recognize it only when the ESN or IMEI had been changed on the account. So when you slide your SIM from your 9800 into the 9100, the BIS will automatically recogize the different PIN number?
    01-14-11 10:43 AM
    Will be using the Curve 8520 as a backup after I get the Torch1/2.

Being a UK user of unlocked devices, it's just swap SIM card, reactivate email addresses on the device, and whoosh, we're off. Didn't know you could change the PIN though. Someone wanna tell me how to do it on the EU GSM devices (2xxxxxxx PINs)
    01-14-11 02:18 PM
    I utilize a 9800 for general emails, personal business emails and 9700 is my backup. I use a 9000 at work. Both are on 24/7. Wife has a 9800 as uses it for "whatever" she wants. I don't ask.....I just give it to her and leave it alone....no hybrids/OS updates....an occassional app or some themes.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 01-14-11 at 02:35 PM.
    01-14-11 02:21 PM

Being a UK user of unlocked devices, it's just swap SIM card, reactivate email addresses on the device, and whoosh, we're off. Didn't know you could change the PIN though. Someone wanna tell me how to do it on the EU GSM devices (2xxxxxxx PINs)
    It is not possible to change the PIN numbers, but there is Switch Device Wizard that updates all your contacts with your new PIN number.
    01-14-11 02:23 PM

you dont change the PIN as such, i think the poster was reffering to account provisioning as it used to be that you`d have to contact the network to unlock ur PIN when you sold ya phone so others could use it.

if you backup ur BBM to your email (best way) then when you`ve activated ur emails, go into BBM and restore from that email and all your contacts will get their info updated (in the background) so when they BBM ya they wont know anythings different but you`ll still get their messages.

as for myself, 6 BB`s. wish i shared AG`s sense of love for my pearl, maybe its because iv got a 9105 and its not suretype
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    01-14-11 02:25 PM
    We have 3 Blackberrys on our family plan. My runs her Curve 8900, but she getting an itch for something different. I have my trusy Bold 9000, my Storm 2 9550, and I also have the Torch. We are on AT&T so my 9550 works well even on GSM. I have an iphone 3gs, gave away a Nokia 5800, and the Nokia E71. I rotatae my BB's depending on what I feel like rolling with at the tme. The 3rd line was for my mother-in-law but she just never had the desire to learn how to use even the simplist of cellphones. With my wife and I working, Mom heading into her 80's we really wanted her to have a phone for when she went shopping or visiting with fiends.

We have the original "unlimited Data" and "Unlimited texting" which you can't get anymore so we keep it. I enjoy technology so it is a hobby. I even have a Nexus One a top of the line Android computer. I enjoy them all but I am far more comnfortable with Blackberrys. I hope they keep this momentum going with the PlayBook and these othewr phones coming, makes my day to see the guys that have been behind the 8-ball for so long and now they are beginning to break up the clutter. In todays age you can't go wrong choose your phone/computer and just enjoy it.
    01-14-11 07:31 PM
    I don't use a landline so my BB's are my lifelines. The Torch is my primary phone and I'm keeping a Bold 9700 as a backup. I always throw the Bold in the back of my jersey when I go cycling since I don't want the Torch getting road rash if I take a spill.
    01-14-11 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD