I want the BlackBerry-branded Android phablet with pop-out keyboard to sell well, but it's far too large for me.

Even the Classic is wayyyy too big and clumsy for me. I want the Android phablet with pop-out keyboard to do well so that BlackBerry can have enough money to make smaller, more traditional-looking handsets (even if it's running Android).

Is that possible? Or does the 'market' dictate that the only phones we are allowed to buy now are absolutely massive, unwieldy and ridiculously overpowered and overpriced lol?
    BerryRipe and deadcowboy like this.
    10-23-15 12:12 PM
    I want the BlackBerry-branded Android phablet with pop-out keyboard to sell well, but it's far too large for me.

Even the Classic is wayyyy too big and clumsy for me. I want the Android phablet with pop-out keyboard to do well so that BlackBerry can have enough money to make smaller, more traditional-looking handsets (even if it's running Android).

Is that possible? Or does the 'market' dictate that the only phones we are allowed to buy now are absolutely massive, unwieldy and ridiculously overpowered and overpriced lol?
    Possibly the latter.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    10-23-15 12:13 PM
    I'm also rooting for the Priv to do well, but I personally am not interested in the Priv.

Even though I wouldn't get an Android whenever it's time to move from BB10, I still root for it for BlackBerry's sake.

In terms of hardware, the Q10 is the sweet spot for my needs. It's still running like a champ even though it's coming up on almost 3 years.
    Am considering the Passport "just because" lol

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2789 CB10 
    10-23-15 12:18 PM
    Or does the 'market' dictate that the only phones we are allowed to buy now are absolutely massive, unwieldy and ridiculously overpowered and overpriced lol?
    Big maybe, overpriced... not necessarily anymore. The trend seems to be towards more affordable - though still very capable - phones like the latest Moto X's and the Nexus pair.
    10-23-15 12:18 PM
    Big maybe, overpriced... not necessarily anymore. The trend seems to be towards more affordable - though still very capable - phones like the latest Moto X's and the Nexus pair.
    I think phones that cost the same as a desktop PC are expensive, even if they are 'affordable'. Just think of saving all that money, and over the years what other things it could buy - nice meals out, holidays, even investments earning interest.

Maybe I'm just really out of sync with the mainstream.
    MGDania, p1800nut and stevobbm like this.
    10-23-15 12:30 PM
    I really would be interested if there was an all-touch Priv. Don't want to spend that amount of money on a slider.
    tanzarian likes this.
    10-23-15 12:37 PM
    I think phones that cost the same as a desktop PC are expensive, even if they are 'affordable'. Just think of saving all that money, and over the years what other things it could buy - nice meals out, holidays, even investments earning interest.

Phones which have more capabilities than a lot of PC's.
    Don't forget desktop pc's don't come with monitors either.
    10-23-15 12:40 PM
    I am!

Give me a new top notch all touch even slider BlackBerry 10 and I'll buy again.

But with android on it no thanks.

Posted via CB10
    BuryLancs and anon(9188202) like this.
    10-23-15 12:42 PM
    Pre-ordered mine in Canada, but I'm still not giving up my Passport SE. It's just that good, but I'm curious enough to try out the Priv. If they had a BB10 version, I would have grabbed that instead

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 01:24 PM
    Phones which have more capabilities than a lot of PC's.
    Don't forget desktop pc's don't come with monitors either.
    Most the ones I've bought did.... Last one was 24" and it had "touch"....

I which the PRIV would sell well and the BlackBerry could stay in the hardware business or offer some variety.
    10-23-15 01:28 PM
    I hope the Priv sells well, but I don't plan to buy one. I have two smartphones now, a Passport and a OnePlus One. Between the two, that's about $1000 spent. They both still work just fine; no serious problems with either one. As much as I might like to get the newest toy, I have no substantial reason to get a new phone this year. If one of them breaks, I have the other one.

I suppose I could try to sell the two phones and come up with almost enough for a Priv, but frankly that's a lot of trouble to go to when what I have is working fine. Some Android apps are starting to get a little iffy on the Passport, but not enough to cause me to make a move yet.

But I definitely hope the Priv is a success. I'd like to see BlackBerry back in the game.
    bbfanatic11 and Prem WatsApp like this.
    10-23-15 01:30 PM
    I really would be interested if there was an all-touch Priv. Don't want to spend that amount of money on a slider.
    You're aware it works as an all-touch as well, right?
    10-23-15 02:03 PM
    You're aware it works as an all-touch as well, right?
    You're aware that is it a slider, right? I will not pay $700 for a slider. Stop pretending to be BlackBerry, thinking everyone will pay for a slider.
    10-23-15 02:31 PM
    You're aware that is it a slider, right? I will not pay $700 for a slider. Stop pretending to be BlackBerry, thinking everyone will pay for a slider.
    I'd rather pay that for a slider than an all touch. It's a no brainer. Dunno how anyone can think having only one option as opposed to two i.e. VKB + PKB should be cheaper than only VKB.

Wake up folks. Don't be blinded by the flavour of the month and follow the sheep.

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    10-23-15 02:38 PM
    To put it in perspective its's a high end Samsung device that happens to have a sliding keyboard that is optional to use. What's the price of a high end Samsung device right now? Too many people want to go to the dance just not have to pay the piper these days it seems.
    10-23-15 02:55 PM
    Me! I am hoping the Priv sees fairly good adoption. I don't want to see BlackBerry leave the handset business. I just can't consider the Priv right now because my Z30 is only 4 months old and I'm not ready to leave BB10 for Android just yet. But I'm still rooting for the Priv. If it's a success hopefully BlackBerry will try out Android on other form factors and maybe just maybe keep BB10 around too.
    10-23-15 02:59 PM
    I want the BB10 Priv period

  
    10-23-15 04:38 PM

  
    OK.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 04:51 PM
    I do not need a slider option.
    10-23-15 04:58 PM
    I want the Priv to succeed, but at present, it is not for me!

I am quite content with my Passports and have no burning sense of deprivation in the way they serve my needs despite the weakness of BB10 ecosystem.

For one of the only times in my tech life, I will remain on the sidelines and let others prove that John Chen and BlackBerry have replicated well the BlackBerry Experience and Security in the Android environment.

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition driven by 10.3.2.2789 on T-Mobile
    10-23-15 06:07 PM
    I want BlackBerry to succeed but at the same time I don't want Android. I would buy another BlackBerry with BB OS10 if it was all touch, $650-$750 and better than the Z30.
    10-23-15 06:58 PM

Although this is true, I think for a lot of people their phone is their computer.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-23-15 07:02 PM

  
    This

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-23-15 07:03 PM
    Glad they are trying something.
    Sad about the true cost to the company and consumers.

But I won't be buying the priv either, here it is priced with top end tried-tested and true devices. I don't want a $1,035 beta device. I'd rather wait for a lower end revision 2 or 3 when they've worked all the 'Droid kinks out and better understand their new ecosystem.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    anon(9188202) and jope28 like this.
    10-23-15 07:36 PM

  
    I don't think that's how periods work... Har har har

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    10-23-15 07:37 PM
44 12