So my new T-Mobile BlackBerry 8320 arrived (retiring my AT&T 8300) and I've been getting it set-up this morning.

And as I go through my profiles and set up the tones/notifications to the way I like them, I ALWAYS find myself going back to the notifier_cricket tone for BlackBerry Messenger alerts/messages.

I find it sooo strange that I do this though. It HAS TO BE THE MOST ANNOYING SOUND IN THE WORLD...especially if you get three messages in a row and it keeps chirping at you. It literally drives me crazy (especially if you have it on loud volume), and even worse, it drives my girlfriend crazy (we'll be watching a movie or something and that efffin cricket will start chirping like mad).

Yet despite my HATE for this tone, I ALWAYS find myself going back to it. My first BlackBerry (7290) had that tone for BBM by default....that's what my brain got used to...and I just can't not have it set as my BBM notifier. If I change it up I just don't feel right. And it's weird.. I can change up my ringtone, I can change up my SMS notifier, but the BBM has to be the cricket.

Soo... what I want to know... Am I Crazy? Is there anybody else out here who just MUST use a certain tone for their notification? Anybody else Love but Hate the cricket like me??
    04-12-08 11:22 AM
    I don't have the cricket as an option .. does that make me immune to the contagious cricket disease??
    04-12-08 11:28 AM
    I don't like the Cricket at all, but then again, my BB is ALWAYS on vibrate. Not sure why, I have sooo many ringtones and notifiers on it - but just prefer vibe.
    04-12-08 11:28 AM
    I also use cricket for my BBM, and love it and hate it. If you only get 1 message, its not bad, but getting multiple messages, it gets annoying. Although, i cant find another notifier that i like so much, lol

Congrats on that 8320, i bet its gonna save you some data charges using the WiFi!!!

What color did you get? The Titanium or pale gold??
    04-12-08 11:32 AM
    I agree the cricket notifier can drive you crazy. I also use vibrate most of the time.
    04-12-08 11:34 AM
    I too have cricket for my bbm, is it something subliminal?? lol
    04-12-08 11:37 AM
    I went with the Titanium 8320. She's looking good.

Ooo..glad to know there's at least one other person who hates the cricket but is still compelled to use it. And you're right..the multiple messages can drive anyone nuts.
    04-12-08 11:38 AM
    I have a Crimson 8320, with a Keychain BT puck. The wifi is great, it will rteally cut down on your data usage. I can send and receive email, surf CB all with my data turned off. That will be a real money saver, with the way BB data is charged up there. Enjoy it!!

What theme are you gonna be using on it? I LOVE the T-mo theme, even though i have the L, and the 9000, i still use the T-Mo.
    04-12-08 11:44 AM
    I use the cricket for my txt messages and have the sonar sound for BBM both are addicting sounds that can drive a person up a wall!!! Love em & hate em!
    04-12-08 11:52 AM
    I use cricket for my BB messenger, and love it. A great notifier sound is the Beep Beep from Star Trek communicators. I use that one too.

Patrick
    04-12-08 12:28 PM
    I thought I had that one but I just checked. I guess Im not missing anything anyway.
    04-12-08 05:54 PM
    never used cricket
    i use sonar for text messages
    i have a love hate with that one
    04-13-08 10:56 AM
    I had a love/hate relationship with Cricket too! Now I use Crystal for SMS/MMS/BBM/IMs & Chi_Gong for emails.
    04-13-08 12:48 PM
    i won't lie, the noise disgusts me.

i'm a fan of contentment & crystal.
    04-13-08 05:21 PM
    HOw about this for a combo

Electro Cricket Notifier and Room Service Ring Tone.....
    04-13-08 05:26 PM
    I never used it but because of this post I went to check it out. LOL!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-08 06:33 PM
    I use Cricket for BBM... same thing as most others... It's a love/hate relationship.
    04-13-08 09:31 PM
    i played with the preloaded ringers..i didnt like ne of them so i deleted all the pre loaded ringers that came with my 8310.. i just use my own ringtones .. frees up space on my curve.
    04-14-08 12:06 AM
    I try to change it but always come back to using it. it seems that only other BB users know what it is. It cracks me up to see people looking around to see where the noise is coming from. My wife also hates it. When were at home i have it set to phone only... no alerts, mms or sms allowed.
    04-14-08 02:17 AM
    Dont like the cricket ringtone at all.. My phone is quite often on vibration....

Can' t wait to get my 8320 too

Apparently we should be able to use the uma in Canada pretty soon, i think arround may 6ht it should be officialy announced with a pearl wifi if i dont mistaken
    04-14-08 01:16 PM
    Thanks Kevin.. now I use it..
    04-15-08 12:12 AM
    I have a different "chirping" issue. On a full battery, each time I dial a number, the call starts off w a soft beep or chirp. It does this w or w/o a headset in use, and when using speakerphone. I got my 8320, last Sept. when it was released and its never done this before, up until 4 days ago. Talk to me, what's up w my Curve? Please advise. Thanks for listening.
    04-28-08 06:40 AM
    hah, my whole office just got mad at me for the cricket, though they thought it was a basketball whistle or something
    05-29-08 11:09 AM
    I set up Napolean Dyn. 'yes' for my email notification. I need to change it soon - hearing that 'yes' 4X in a row makes me crazy.

I have the cricket notify on for one of my settings & it doesn't bother me.

During the workday I always set it to vibrate.
    05-29-08 11:34 AM
    Love the cricket...have it, use it, will keep it. It's set for all my SMS and MMS messages.
    05-29-08 11:41 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD