Can someone tell how many MB per minute the VIdeo call consumes. If you can't give a specific number could you pls give an idea.

From Zuri my Z10.
    12-17-13 01:06 PM
    That is a good question. Here in Canada, Rogers and Bell at least give unlimited BBM video calls, so I don't think we can track it.

I just checked on an account that has detailed billing and all I see is Picture/Video messaging and the time it happened, but no length or data amount.
    12-17-13 01:15 PM
    Between 1 to 7 MB/min depending on the type of call you're doing, voice calls is 1-1.5
    And video calls is between 4-7
    robsteve likes this.
    12-17-13 01:26 PM
    With video calls the data use may also be lower if you keep a calm background, as the more complex the image, the more data it uses. For example, if you have a choice of the background, a plain wall would be better rather than an active background, such as a busy street in the background.

Back to the real question, have you asked your carrier how they are going to deal with BBM video and voice? They may bill it differently than your data.
    12-17-13 01:32 PM
    With video calls the data use may also be lower if you keep a calm background, as the more complex the image, the more data it uses. For example, if you have a choice of the background, a plain wall would be better rather than an active background, such as a busy street in the background.

Back to the real question, have you asked your carrier how they are going to deal with BBM video and voice? They may bill it differently than your data.
    I've been measuring it and the lowest on video call is 4+- and the highers I've seen is 7.

In my plan, AT&T family share, data is data no matter how you use it.

May vary with different operators though
    12-17-13 02:09 PM
    Wow! These are some intriguing answers. As I believed for some reason that it would take 20MB or more per minute *facepalm*.
    I would definitely be using it more often nw. Thank you very much people.
    More answers are welcome

From Zuri my Z10.
    12-17-13 03:00 PM

Would definitely take these advices into consideration when next I make a video call.
    I did ask my carrier twice. They had no idea

From Zuri my Z10.
    12-17-13 03:24 PM
    Between 1 to 7 MB/min depending on the type of call you're doing, voice calls is 1-1.5
    *Clapping with glee*

From Zuri my Z10.
    12-17-13 03:25 PM