Just received my 8900 yesterday from Wirefly. Included in the box was a seperate flyer stating that if I downgrade my plan from what, they stated I had to upgrade to, to get the sell price on the phone, they could come back and charge me the retail price. I called ATT and told them this and they never heard of such a thing. They told me that WireFly can not access my account to see if I changed my plan or not. Anyone have any input on this? It ticks me off that they are throwing this threat at me if they can not possibly check my account. ATT was not happy with them and told me if I receive a bill to call them immediately.

Thanks for any help
    06-03-09 03:41 PM
    ha! i would probably lower my plan just to **** them off any see. lol
    06-03-09 07:49 PM
    my local reseller i usually get plans through told me that if you change your plans within the 6 months of buying them, the reseller doesnt get commission for it. maybe this is a scare tactic so that they get their commission from opening an account through them. if you were to now go and downgrade your plan, they may not get paid by the carrier. i choose to not touch my account since the guy i go to is a friend and i wouldnt wanna screw him over, but its my plan and if i have to, i will. as a courtesy i wont however. so maybe thats the deal. they wont really charge you back for the phone, but if they dont get their commission after the 6 months, they will know you changed your plan.
    06-03-09 10:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD