Hi,

I'd 8310 with 4.2.x. I've upgraded it with OS 4.5.0.182. I'm using BIS plan. I'm able to receive and view most mails in html format. But when I do following html formating is lost:

1. Copy / paste a html formated mail content to newly composed email message. It is pasted as a plain text message with no formatting.

2. Forwarding a html formated message. Whne I see the sent mail it is properly formated with html. But sent message confirmation or received message in recipient's mail box is stripped off of all hmtl format i.e., it's plain text.

I've one more question: How do I write html formated emails while using compose email of blackberry? Can I make a text bold or underlined or create tables? I don't see any options in the text editor that allows writing of email messages.

What's problem?
    08-09-10 10:34 PM
    How many threads are you going to make? 8+ already. Consider combining all of your threads into one titled "New Blackberry Owner, Many Questions"
    08-09-10 10:39 PM
    I see no harm in the OP creating multiple threads when they are all different questions and placed in appropriate sub forums. It does simplify answering the question.

1. When you copy/paste a HTML document, you will get plain text.

2. Use HTML tags, manually edited into your text.
    08-10-10 11:14 AM
    I see no harm in the OP creating multiple threads when they are all different questions and placed in appropriate sub forums. It does simplify answering the question.

1. When you copy/paste a HTML document, you will get plain text.

2. Use HTML tags, manually edited into your text.
    Agree to disagree. A few of them were definitely not placed in the appropriate sub forum. Oh well.
    08-10-10 11:21 AM
    Agree to disagree. A few of them were definitely not placed in the appropriate sub forum. Oh well.
    Good point, lol.

When I review a members post history from their profile, I see the topic and subforum.

However, when I review the general discussion, I see that my fellow moderators have previously moved the topic out of General Discussion and into an appropriate sub forum.
    08-10-10 11:26 AM
    I have to agree. Searching for answers gets much better results when the subject line used is related to the problem or topic. I'm right now trying to find a way to make my BB use html email which it's not doing. If the answer is in a post who's subj line is "new bb user many questions" I'm not doing to find it. On the other hand I *will* find it if the subj line includes "html email" or something like that.

Posts wtih "HELP!" "EMERGENCY!" "how do I do this?" etc ... NOTHING there helps anyone find anything specific. Whereby "help can't get email" or "help device won't turn on" is much more helpful.

And yes, I know searches include the body of the posts, but subj lines are also easily viewable in the thread listing.
    Last edited by debsbb; 09-04-10 at 02:47 AM.
    09-04-10 02:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD