i was looking at my old 8320 box and notticed that it was actually made in hungary.

my new 8900 is made in mexico

my dads 2007 nissan was made in mexico and 8 months after purchase
    it started leaking oil, exhaust pipes rusted out, pannels rattling and popping out he bought it brand spankin new off the lot....

so im kinda worried how long the phone gonna last.

it seems like european and japanese made electronics tend to last waaay longer

so WHERES YOUR PHONE MADE?
    04-29-09 12:29 PM
    First of all I wouldn't be worried about your dad's Nissan leaking oil due to being made in Mexico.

I've had 3 different Bolds now through warranties and such. First was made in Canada. Second in Mexico. Third in Hungary.

The build on the Canada one wasn't all that great. Clicky LCD on the bottom, right corner. Faulty media card door.

The Mexico one has much better build quality than that of the great white north.

The one from Hungary is the best one and the one I am currently using. Great build quality. And on top of that, it's a refurbished phone.
    04-29-09 12:34 PM
    I'm with forever...

Bad batches can come from any part of the world. I wouldn't classify one country producing less quality product than another. They all go through the same rigorous QA testing.

Just as long as your phone is working fine now, I wouldn't worry too much.
    04-29-09 12:41 PM
    I happen to fancy leaky things which can trace their origination to Mexico
    04-29-09 01:07 PM
    Si, Hecho en Mexico.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 01:12 PM
    Hungary! First made in Mexico.
    04-29-09 01:24 PM
    yeah, i wouldn't attribute any defects with your dad's car being made in mexico. keep in mind that the factory is a nissan factory, and should be inspected by nissan trained engineers. the fault lies with nissan, not where the car was made.

so in short, i wouldn't worry about your new phone :-D
    04-29-09 01:25 PM
    well i didnt mean that people in mexico cant put a screw in the right place as good as japan lol
    i i got nothign against mexico i drink tequilla and enjoy drinkin coronas on the beach.

but i know that different countries have different metal/plastic grades/ standards

so a phone produced in mexico and a phone produced in japan or germany would have a totally different feel to it.

there are of course limits to what grade materials to use but.
    one built in mexico or korea... can be built from the cheapest grade allowed(the whole reason to outsource phone to mexico) cheaper to make but same retail price who makes money?

or say take it to germany that and that same phone will be built to the highest grade plastic and metal. but will cost more to manufacture for same retail price.

consumers dont know much about it i mean who cares a phone is a phone right?

sure untill it falls apart right after warranty ends then we get a wrong impresion about a phone in general as beeing crappy.

good example
    i bought a pair of sony earbuds when they first came out "made in japan"
    i accidentally ripped the cord out

bought another pair 4 months later.for same price.
    pair 1:made in japan
    plastic looked solid chrome part was shiny like real metal
    no crooked labels or logos
    everything is top notch

pair 2 made in china
    porous plastic that scratches adn flakes off
    nisalligned holes
    deformed plastic
    labels/logos all fd up
    chrome and gold plating started wearign off after 4 weeks.

id say a big difference for same price i paid.

another example
    my dad bought a muffler for a honda
    made in USA OEM replacement
    4 months rusted out
    went and spend a good amount of cash for a real MADE IN JAPAN OEM muffler and it lasted 5+ years.
    04-29-09 01:32 PM
    My 8900 was made in Mexico as well, but I DOUBT where its made has nothing to do with the build quality like some of the examples posted above.
    04-29-09 01:43 PM
    I think all 8900's are made in mexico. Mine was. My wifes refurb 8320 was made in hungary.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 02:09 PM
    sounds kinky
    04-29-09 02:14 PM
    My current BB is made in Mexico!
    04-29-09 05:03 PM
    Stop teasing, Jen. Haha!
    04-29-09 06:50 PM
    hmm.... well lets see now, usb cable made in China, bb wired headset made in Indonesia, bb pocket case made in China, bb user tools disk-mfg. in good ol US of A,

and the BB itself, Hecho en Mexico!
    04-29-09 06:54 PM
    YOUR PHONE HAS SWINE FLU!
    be careful.
    don't talk on it, and don't touch it.
    04-29-09 07:35 PM
    Made in china where else
    04-29-09 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD