Where does one find "Settings" on the BB curve 8330?
    05-17-08 07:15 PM
    What settings are you wanting to change?
    05-17-08 07:16 PM
    Its a icon on your phone that said setting .. You might have it hidden.. What are you trying to look for?
    05-17-08 07:52 PM
    I'm trying to follow the directions of someone else here whose first step said to go to "Settings". Like the Manual that for everything says go to "Options" first. Neither is helpful because that's obviously not the first step.

I'm more disappointed than I hoped I'd be after buying this Curve. It's not user-friendly and I'm having a lot of trouble finding out how to do things. This board is very helpful to me but I don't think Blackberry should rely on others to give information they should provide for the price we have to pay for these devices. It's too bad the happiness has to dissapate so soon. I will warn others, if user-friendliness is important to them.
    Last edited by cbmember; 05-17-08 at 07:56 PM.
    05-17-08 07:53 PM
    ok, what are you trying to do?

And options is pretyty much the first thing you need to go into, unless you need directions like this:
    install battery.
    wait for bb to boot up.
    go to the ribbon, otherwise known as home screen, icon view
    go to options
    05-17-08 07:56 PM
    If you need to change anything as far as phone settings, you need to go to options first. Settings/Options, same thing. Options is the first step.

If you could just say what it is you are trying to do, we could help you more quickly...
    05-17-08 08:00 PM
    All these noobs, you think the bb is not user friendly. Try a Palm treo. This is what happens when people rush out to but the hot new phone and don't evan know what it does
    05-17-08 08:16 PM
    I believe at the time I was getting directions to set some kind of key password it demanded before I could get on the Net, which I couldn't because I can't figure out the key password. It's irrelevant now as I'm having trouble even doing simple things.

I went to Options and when I call up the menus its all technical stuff, nothing I can 'change'. Like I need to know about Modules? Right now, my volume is too high (in my ear) and I can't even find a volume button. I thought it was on the side of the unit but it doesn't change the volume when I move it up or down.

Please bear with me. This is all too disappointing and I know it's sure not your fault.
    05-17-08 08:22 PM
    CB, what are you trying to do?
    First week or two with a berry is tough, don't get frustrated.
    If you're trying to do something, all you have to do is ask, but please be specific.
    Everyone here was new at one point, this is one of the best places on the net to learn, but noone can help if they don't know what you need.. Be patient, you'll get it..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-08 08:26 PM
    The volume IS controlled by the keys on the right-hand side of the phone. This takes effect while the call is "in progress".

05-17-08 08:26 PM
    Oh, and settings for sounds and tones is the speaker icon, settings for the phone is options(the wrench).

05-17-08 08:28 PM
    crackvegas, at least I can spell
    05-17-08 08:52 PM
    fonebrkr, you're encouraging. I do need that because I'm just disappointed. Thanks.
    05-17-08 08:54 PM
    Where's the speaker icon?
    05-17-08 08:56 PM
    Trust me after a couple weeks with your berry you'll be a pro! I was ready to throw my pearl out the window after the first 2 days of not being able to do anything, CB has alot of great people that will help you thru it! They really helped me.... Good Luck!
    05-17-08 08:57 PM
    It's the icon called profiles, looks like a speaker.

05-17-08 08:59 PM
    Welcome to CB--there's no better community to get friendly and savvy support for your BlackBerry. I really struggled with the learning curve when I got my first BB (also a Curve) recently. I got the book "Blackberry Curve Made Simple" off amazon (it's also available at the site www.blackberrymadesimple.com ) and it's incredibly helpful for everything from basic settings to making your BB dance.
    05-18-08 06:01 PM
    I think if you're new to BB it takes a while to get used to. I got mine today and had to ask the sales guy how to find the ring tones-lol. Getting the hang of it now-I think

05-18-08 08:48 PM
    crackvegas, at least I can spell
    Nice crack back. Hope you get it working. Well not really.
    05-18-08 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD