I did an OS upgrade for my 'Berry, and now I have no theme at all. I'm not usre what got screwed up, but I had an (ugly branded) wall paper and most of the icons were a generic, except for a few. All the menus are black on white. I tried going to Options, but there is no "Theme's" choice when I get there. WTF?
    01-25-11 03:29 PM
    Don't know much about the 8220, so I'll just take a few shots in the dark here....
    But first, a question or two:
    What version did you upgrade from and to?
    Is it a leak, or was it pushed by TMo?
    How did you install the upgrade, through DM or the app loader?
    You've probably tried this already, but if you haven't, do a battery pull and reboot.
    Did you restore any applications that maybe weren't completely compatible with this OS?
    Did you have another theme installed prior to upgrading that might be causing issues?
    If you didn't do a restore:
    Do you have any 3rd party apps that aren't there after the upgrade?
    If you have a recent backup through desktop manager, try doing a full restore ... maybe for some reason the upgrade process didn't reinstall your themes.
    If none of this helps, try re-installing the OS.

Hope something here helps ...
    01-25-11 05:26 PM
    I did an OS upgrade for my 'Berry, and now I have no theme at all. I'm not usre what got screwed up, but I had an (ugly branded) wall paper and most of the icons were a generic, except for a few. All the menus are black on white. I tried going to Options, but there is no "Theme's" choice when I get there. WTF?
    If you go to your options and look under themes does it list anything?

If so try and apply it and if not since you just did an OS update believe it or not sometimes you just have to do mutiple battery pulls to try and get things back in order.
    01-25-11 05:45 PM
    Don't know much about the 8220, so I'll just take a few shots in the dark here....
    But first, a question or two:
    What version did you upgrade from and to?
    Is it a leak, or was it pushed by TMo?
    How did you install the upgrade, through DM or the app loader?
    You've probably tried this already, but if you haven't, do a battery pull and reboot.
    Did you restore any applications that maybe weren't completely compatible with this OS?
    Did you have another theme installed prior to upgrading that might be causing issues?
    If you didn't do a restore:
    Do you have any 3rd party apps that aren't there after the upgrade?
    If you have a recent backup through desktop manager, try doing a full restore ... maybe for some reason the upgrade process didn't reinstall your themes.
    If none of this helps, try re-installing the OS.

Hope something here helps ...
    Good advice ED..
    01-25-11 05:46 PM
    Something must have gotten frelled on the OS install. I did a resintall, and everything is back to normal (mostly).
    01-30-11 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD