I understand that RIM is in a precarious position with an earnings call later today, but there is very little reaction here on Crackberry concerning the Bridge update we just received.

I understand that it's a minor bug fix release, but in the past, every sofware release has generated threads of substantial length. So far, the reaction has been basically a trickle.

We can't lose our excitement at this point. Sure, many have moved on to other platforms. But those who have not yet moved on, and I think there are many of you, are eagerly awaiting Playbook 2.1 and BB10.

Let's not let the wind out of our sails just yet. Where's the old Crackberry enthusiasm. After all, remember:

Bluto: What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? no!
    Otter: [to Boon] Germans?
    Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
    Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...
    [thinks hard of something to say]
    Bluto: The tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!
    [Bluto runs out, alone; then returns]
    Bluto: What the **** happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my *** from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...
    BB10FTW, Toodeurep and axllebeer like this.
    06-28-12 01:44 PM
    I used to be active around here, but since a few weeks ago, even months, CrackBerry got infested with RIM/BlackBerry haters. Nowadays, CrackBerry should be called TrollBerry because that's all we see here, and Admins and Mods do nothing to stop it.

I used to come here with proud and excitement to read new threads and all, but now, all I feel is a pain in the ***. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of users feeling the same...

I don't feel comfortable in here anymore, and my level of excitement for the updates are in Whatever mode.
    06-28-12 02:23 PM
    Everybody is preoccupied with the anticipation of the carnage that's going to be unleashed shortly after 4:30 PM today. Run and hide, Mr. Ocean, run and hide.
    06-28-12 02:35 PM
    It's gonna be a media feeding frenzy, followed by a bloodbath
    06-28-12 02:37 PM
    The Bridge update is a minor bug fix. Such updates generate excitement when there's an expected PB OS update. Such an update (2.1 release) isn't expected until sometime next month.
    06-28-12 02:38 PM
    There hasn't been a ton to be excited about lately. There is anticipation, but then there is just boredom. We're stuck in the latter right now I'm afraid....
    06-28-12 02:51 PM
    We can't lose our excitement at this point. Sure, many have moved on to other platforms. But those who have not yet moved on, and I think there are many of you, are eagerly awaiting Playbook 2.1 and BB10.
    It's hard to keep enthusiasm when 80% of what you read on CB is negitive. This place has turned into a bash fest for BB trolls & haters and a flame fest for BB elitists

I used to be active around here, but since a few weeks ago, even months, CrackBerry got infested with RIM/BlackBerry haters. Nowadays, CrackBerry should be called TrollBerry because that's all we see here, and Admins and Mods do nothing to stop it.

I used to come here with proud and excitement to read new threads and all, but now, all I feel is a pain in the ***. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of users feeling the same...

I don't feel comfortable in here anymore, and my level of excitement for the updates are in Whatever mode.
    For what it's worth....I feel the same way. I used to hang out here wwaayy too much. Now....truthfully, I really don't like coming here.
    I've been a crackhead for years....Since the 8300 days. I'm far from an expert but I've loaded a leak or two.
    What ALWAYS happens here is:
    *You express you enthusiasm and some troll jumps out from behind the bushes and knocks you in the back of the head.
    *You answer a tech question as best you can based on your experiance and a BB elitist flames you for not doing things his/her way.
    *Or comment on something and end up on the bottom of a dog pile.

CB USED to be a great place to come and learn and maybe teach.
    I pretty much go elsewhere for the crackberry latest.
    I'm just tired of the negativity and gang wars.

This is just my opinion and feelings....I give it three posts before someone suggests "don't let the door hit you in the azz on the way out"......3 posts.
    06-28-12 03:36 PM
    It's hard to keep enthusiasm when 80% of what you read on CB is negitive. This place has turned into a bash fest for BB trolls & haters and a flame fest for BB elitists

For what it's worth....I feel the same way. I used to hang out here wwaayy too much. Now....truthfully, I really don't like coming here.
    Yeah man I feel the same. I used to check out CB at least 10 times a day until this month where I either didn't check for a few days or only checked once a day.
    The trolling is out of hand. Now after this huge delay I will come in
    here less since the trolling is only gonna grow.
    Not to mention the people who are furious about the latest news will turn
    and also bash RIM which doesn't help the situation.
    I will still love my BB device whether I come in here or not
    06-28-12 06:03 PM
    Not to mention the people who are furious about the latest news will turn and also bash RIM which doesn't help the situation.
    I will still love my BB device whether I come in here or not
    I've been a crackhead for....IDK....years. Since the 8300.
    I can't take it. I've been a supporter and "backer" but not being real just doesn't sit will with me.

I'm a tennis freak. In the city I live in, 7 years ago there was only one option for playing leagues. This club had players by the balls. One day someone said to me "if you don't like it, don't play out of here" He's right! I started a community tennis association and now me, and 200 other players don't play out of there.
    My illustration is: if you don't like something, don't b*tch and make everyone around you know you're p*ssed....CHANGE IT......I'm gonna change it.
    06-28-12 06:14 PM
    I'll be excited when it's released. I've waited for RIM products over and over. I do love my 9930 so the delay isn't too big to me. But it does show me that they still cannot stick to deadlines that THEY set. Very poor showing.
    06-28-12 06:23 PM
    I feel like RIM dangled a carrot in front of my nose then yanked it away.
    Sometimes it comes down to a matter of principle.
    I liked my Vivid while I had it except for the couple little things it didn't do the BB does. I'll adjust.
    I'm feeling a little 2 faced because of all the love and defense I've thrown RIM's way.
    06-28-12 06:43 PM

I've been a crackhead for years....Since the 8300 days. I'm far from an expert but I've loaded a leak or two.
    What ALWAYS happens here is:
    *You express you enthusiasm and some troll jumps out from behind the bushes and knocks you in the back of the head.
    *You answer a tech question as best you can based on your experiance and a BB elitist flames you for not doing things his/her way.
    *Or comment on something and end up on the bottom of a dog pile.

CB USED to be a great place to come and learn and maybe teach.
    I pretty much go elsewhere for the crackberry latest.
    I'm just tired of the negativity and gang wars.

This is just my opinion and feelings....I give it three posts before someone suggests "don't let the door hit you in the azz on the way out"......3 posts.
    Don't let the door hit you in the azz on the way out.

(5 posts)

I feel your pain. That's why I started this thread.
    06-28-12 08:49 PM
    Don't let the door hit you in the azz on the way out.

(5 posts)

I feel your pain. That's why I started this thread.
    LOL.....yep, 5 posts.......
    06-28-12 08:54 PM
    I can't believe I actually just spent an hour reading about the S3.
    First time I ever considered switching, but after finishing the articles
    I took one look at my white 9900 and said to myself what a sexy phone
    If that was me a big RIM fan actually considering making a switch then I can just imagine everyone else....
    06-28-12 09:50 PM
    I can't believe I actually just spent an hour reading about the S3.
    First time I ever considered switching, but after finishing the articles
    I took one look at my white 9900 and said to myself what a sexy phone
    If that was me a big RIM fan actually considering making a switch then I can just imagine everyone else....
    To all those that are suddenly considering switching, I must inquire: is your BB working any differently today than it was yesterday?
    06-28-12 11:51 PM
    To all those that are suddenly considering switching, I must inquire: is your BB working any differently today than it was yesterday?
    Yep...Works exactly like it did yesterday...and undoubtedly like this on 1/1/2013.
    I've supported and defended BB for years. This platform, AS IT IS, is still the best communication platform.
    I'm not whimsically "jumping ship" here. I'm a contractor and for me, the use of a more media savvy device makes me more productive. AND....I'm loyal to my guys and vendors to a fault.
    It's 2 things for me:
    -I really need a bigger screen and more media savvy device
    -Thor flat out BS'ed me and all the other BB "faithful".
    Like I said, I'm loyal to a fault. If one of my guys is having a hard time getting to a job for what I'm told is a legit reason....later to find out what he's told me was BS...how do you suppose I feel about being loyal to this guy?
    Sorry man.....I guess I'm funny that way
    I'll be back Q1 2013 to see if the BS is still flying.
    06-29-12 06:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD