I was surprised to learn that Xioami had sold about 25 million phones in 2014 alone. Now, the fear of Xioami is the beginning of wisdom to Google. Google is now in serious talk with some Asian low budget phone manufacturers to embrace the newly developed Androidone in a bid to win the war in low and mid range segment of the smartphone market. Xiaomi strategy is to push out high spec phones for the price of low spec.

This is working for them as Xioami is rated as among top ten manufacturers worldwide. Why can't BlackBerry produce a phone with 5" display or above and sell it for $150? What about retrofitting Z10 into a 5.5" display phone and sell for $150? This will sell like hot cake. I believe that having a strong presence in low and mid smartphone market, Blackerry will definitely succeed in the high end market where it can make good profit.
    Whats is your opinion.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 06:12 AM
    Blackberry are still living in the past. By the time they get wise to this it will be too late.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    07-04-14 06:30 AM
    Because it's BlackBerry. They offer supreme "security" for unbeatable price.

Security means lack of features, tons of bugs, incomplete OS, obsolete HW and of course the worst support ever.

Posted via CB10
    c0ke, bbq10l, Damatrix02 and 13 others like this.
    07-04-14 06:34 AM
    Because it's BlackBerry. They offer supreme "security" for unbeatable price.

Security means lack of features, tons of bugs, incomplete OS, obsolete HW and of course the worst support ever.

Posted via CB10
    I'm surprised that with all of that frustration, you're still using a BlackBerry.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    07-04-14 06:37 AM
    But how does Xioami make profits if it sells high specs for low prices? Are the components used that bad?
    07-04-14 06:44 AM
    I'm surprised that with all of that frustration, you're still using a BlackBerry.

Yeah, I am still using BlackBerry because of my carrier contract. Bought Q10 for more than $800 in my country and it's my first BlackBerry. I don't mind HW is obsolete but I'm p***d of bugs I'm having with Czech language like lags etc. This goes with support where carrier don't care because "they do not modify OS" and BlackBerry don't care because... just BlackBerry. Conversation always end with "we are sorry that you are having troubles" and that's all. When the next update is out, bugs are still there.

Missing features is just fact.

Posted via CB10
    Ahmed Ragab, Nayalm and kbz1960 like this.
    07-04-14 06:54 AM
    Just so you know, other platforms has their own bugs as well.

07-04-14 06:57 AM
    Yeah, I am still using BlackBerry because of my carrier contract. Bought Q10 for more than $800 in my country and it's my first BlackBerry. I don't mind HW is obsolete but I'm p***d of bugs I'm having with Czech language like lags etc. This goes with support where carrier don't care because "they do not modify OS" and BlackBerry don't care because... just BlackBerry. Conversation always end with "we are sorry that you are having troubles" and that's all. When the next update is out, bugs are still there.

Posted via CB10
    When you leave, you'll still be back

From Zarafet my Z30.
    GRojasHruska, DJM626 and Jrox74 like this.
    07-04-14 07:02 AM
    Just so you know, other platforms has their own bugs as well.

But bb10 lack a lot of feature. I came from symbian world which some call it obsolete yet I find symbian to be more feature packed than bb10. That is why even though the last major updates is year ago yet I still use Nokia as my primary device. Z10 is mainly for Internet browsing and development purpose only.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808
    07-04-14 07:08 AM
    Traxxmy you are the developer of file play music player for symbian right?

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 07:13 AM
    I always chuckle at threads like this. Xiaomi sells volume because they sell low-end HW at cost. This means they can buy market share and make money only on economies of scale which works great in giant markets like China. This strategy doesn't scale well to multiple markets, carriers, networks, etc as the incremental cost for each of these adds up.

Google is in the business of buying marketshare because they make money based on Google Play Services that sit on top of the devices.

BlackBerry's handset division makes money solely on handset sales. Their service offerings are cross platform and therefore handset agnostic. Selling millions of devices at a loss is not beneficial to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 07:17 AM
    I was surprised to learn that Xioami had sold about 25 million phones in 2014 alone. Now, the fear of Xioami is the beginning of wisdom to Google. Google is now in serious talk with some Asian low budget phone manufacturers to embrace the newly developed Androidone in a bid to win the war in low and mid range segment of the smartphone market. Xiaomi strategy is to push out high spec phones for the price of low spec. This is working for them as Xioami is rated as among top ten manufacturers worldwide. Why can't BlackBerry produce a phone with 5" display or above and sell it for $150? What about retrofitting Z10 into a 5.5" display phone and sell for $150? This will sell like hot cake. I believe that having a strong presence in low and mid smartphone market, Blackerry will definitely succeed in the high end market where it can make good profit.
    Whats is your opinion.

Posted via CB10
    They sell the phone at cost and make money selling accessories and software. Not the best business model. I can't even find number on the amount of profit they claim to make.
    07-04-14 07:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm trying to find these major bugs on my BB10 device that you're talking about? Is it related to your carrier and data transfer and it seems that your device is not reacting (ie. lagging) fast enough because the data simply hasn't made it to your device? Cause that's not the fault of your device.. so please elaborate on these major bugs that only BB has that you are experiencing while most other don't?
    07-04-14 08:00 AM
    This will sell like hot cake.Whats is your opinion.
    Posted via CB10
    When was the last time you or anyone purchased a hot cake? Times have changed
    GRojasHruska and RH1Pearl like this.
    07-04-14 08:02 AM
    tra la la la laa la la la laaa..........substitute vowels where necessary
    07-04-14 08:05 AM
    What's a xiaomi?

The GIF Exchange C001B7B16?
    Gatmyer likes this.
    07-04-14 08:08 AM
    Traxxmy you are the developer of file play music player for symbian right?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, why

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808
    07-04-14 08:11 AM
    But how does Xioami make profits if it sells high specs for low prices? Are the components used that bad?
    It's more like saving money by not having a marketing division:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/21563...-so-cheap.html

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    07-04-14 08:12 AM
    I'm trying to find these major bugs on my BB10 device that you're talking about? Is it related to your carrier and data transfer and it seems that your device is not reacting (ie. lagging) fast enough because the data simply hasn't made it to your device? Cause that's not the fault of your device.. so please elaborate on these major bugs that only BB has that you are experiencing while most other don't?
    OK, I will sum up the major problems that I'm currently experiencing:

- ipnuting any text to textfields (that's important - textfields) like BBM, Whatsapp, Docs to Go etc is extremely laggy. There's delay between key on keyboard is pressed and when it's shown about two seconds. When I use emoticon delay is 5 and more seconds. This problem renders my device practically unusable.
    I talk about this with Michael Clewey on Twitter and he admitted that this happens when using some language with diacritics - Czech in my case. This conversation was about half year ago when 10.2 came out. After five or six updates problem is still here.

- There is no option how to write capital letter with diacritics. Guess that nobody ever thought that exist countries where special characters are used on regular basis...

- My device turns of with exactly 11% battery left. Again, Michael Clewey is aware of this and this will be hopefully fixed in 10.3 according to his BBM Channel. This bug is here since 10.1.

- WiFi issues - hopefully fixed with latest OTA. I am praying to be fixed. It was very annoying

- Sometimes Hub freezes and the first two lines of entries are empty and can't be clicked, rest works fine.

Generally, most issues I am suffering are connected with Czech language. OS it's not optimized for it. The rest issues are "common" problems that other users are trying to solve here.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 08:14 AM
    When was the last time you or anyone purchased a hot cake? Times have changed
    I prefer chilled cakes.
    07-04-14 08:27 AM
    Xioami is a small company - likely well under 1,000 people.

Xioami doesn't have to develop an OS from scratch, or an ecosystem from scratch. It merely has to take Android and get drivers for the hardware it uses and make a build that works. Google does the heavy lifting for the OS for them, and that's going to happen to an even greater extent with the Android-One program. But these costs are very significant, and BB has to pay for them somehow, and that means BB has to make much higher margins on their hardware sales than Xioami does - BB can't afford to sell a device for $20 over cost.

BB didn't see this as a problem, because they always considered themselves to be a "premium brand" who would have no trouble getting a high margin, much like Apple. But BB hasn't been considered a premium brand by the general public in several years, and it's going to be far more difficult to re-earn that title with the brand image problem they have now, then it was to get the title in the first place when BB was the most advanced platform available back in the early-mid 2000s.
    07-04-14 08:36 AM
    Are you talking about Blackberry, or Xioami?
    Xiaomi. They're not the type to pin their hopes on a Super Bowl ad. Just prod the word of mouth a little and let the users do the rest.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 08:37 AM
    I was surprised to learn that Xioami had sold about 25 million phones in 2014 alone. Now, the fear of Xioami is the beginning of wisdom to Google. Google is now in serious talk with some Asian low budget phone manufacturers to embrace the newly developed Androidone in a bid to win the war in low and mid range segment of the smartphone market. Xiaomi strategy is to push out high spec phones for the price of low spec. This is working for them as Xioami is rated as among top ten manufacturers worldwide. Why can't BlackBerry produce a phone with 5" display or above and sell it for $150? What about retrofitting Z10 into a 5.5" display phone and sell for $150? This will sell like hot cake. I believe that having a strong presence in low and mid smartphone market, Blackerry will definitely succeed in the high end market where it can make good profit.
    Whats is your opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Can you profit from it? What is the point of doing it?
    07-04-14 09:16 AM
    OK, I will sum up the major problems that I'm currently experiencing:

- ipnuting any text to textfields (that's important - textfields) like BBM, Whatsapp, Docs to Go etc is extremely laggy. There's delay between key on keyboard is pressed and when it's shown about two seconds. When I use emoticon delay is 5 and more seconds. This problem renders my device practically unusable.
    I talk about this with Michael Clewey on Twitter and he admitted that this happens when using some language with diacritics - Czech in my case. This conversation was about half year ago when 10.2 came out. After five or six updates problem is still here.

- There is no option how to write capital letter with diacritics. Guess that nobody ever thought that exist countries where special characters are used on regular basis...

- My device turns of with exactly 11% battery left. Again, Michael Clewey is aware of this and this will be hopefully fixed in 10.3 according to his BBM Channel. This bug is here since 10.1.

- WiFi issues - hopefully fixed with latest OTA. I am praying to be fixed. It was very annoying

- Sometimes Hub freezes and the first two lines of entries are empty and can't be clicked, rest works fine.

Generally, most issues I am suffering are connected with Czech language. OS it's not optimized for it. The rest issues are "common" problems that other users are trying to solve here.

Posted via CB10
    well, you at least have an opportunity to use your letters... we, Lithuanians, do not have that...

but on the other hand writing in english only - and machine just flies

and haven't noticed other issues on my Z10.
    07-04-14 09:39 AM
    well, you at least have an opportunity to use your letters... we, Lithuanians, do not have that...

but on the other hand writing in english only - and machine just flies

and haven't noticed other issues on my Z10.
    Yep, English works fine. But these devices are officially sold in my country with Czech, so I was assuming that it will work, not just some half baked piece of crap.

Posted via CB10
    Nayalm and kbz1960 like this.
    07-04-14 10:09 AM
200 123 ...